NEET PG 2024: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for PG or Post-Graduation conducted for the courses MS/MD and PG diploma. NEET PG is commenced in the month of December in the online mode or computer-based. On the basis of NEET PG score colleges and universities of the country will give admission in PG Medical courses. Candidates can check details of this exam, including eligibility, dates, exam pattern, application form, syllabus, etc.
NEET PG 2024 Important Dates
|Availability of Information Bulletin
||3rd week of October 2023
|Online Registration Starts from
||Last week of October 2023
|Last date to register online
||Last week of November 2023
|Demo Test Available
||3rd week of December 2023
|Admit Card Availability
||Last week of December 2023
|NEET PG 2024 Exam Date
||1st week of January 2024
||Last week of January 2024
- Only Indian nationals can apply.
- Candidates must secure their MBBS degree from the recognized national or international medical institute that is included in the Schedules to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- Internship: Students should have completed 1 year of internship or Students should have likely to complete the internship on or before 31st March 2024.
- All India 50% Quota seats: Students who have studied or passed MBBS from Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh states are not eligible for this quota.
Candidates will be ineligible if
- If their Medical Institute is not recognized by MCI or SMC
- If they have not completed their internship
- If their application form is not in the prescribed manner or not submitted the form on time.
NEET PG 2024 Application Fee
- 3750/- for Gen/OBC candidates
- 2750/- for SC/ST/PWD categories.
Note: The payment should be made through debit/credit card or net banking. Also, Payments cannot be made through offline mode.
- Multiple choice questions will be asked.
- The exam will be organized in computer-based test mode.
- The question paper will be asked in the English language.
- The exam duration will be 3-1/2 hours.
- Negative marking: One mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
||No. of Questions
|Social And Preventive Medicine
|Medicine Dermatology And Venereology
|Surgery, ENT, Orthopedics & Anaesthesia
|Radiodiagnosis & Radiotherapy
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology
The scheme of the award of marks will be as follows:
|| Unattempted Question
- The syllabus will contain various topics of subjects or knowledge areas.
- With prior approval of Government of India, the syllabus will be prescribed by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The syllabus will comprise of topics like Ophthalmology, Physiology, Anatomy & many others.
- To score well in the examination students should prepare as per the syllabus.
NEET PG 2024 Admit Card
- The admit card will be available for one or two weeks from the examination date via online mode.
- To take the printout of the admit card through the website and paste a photograph and also have to bring the valid photo ID proof (Voter ID, Passport, Aadhaar Card, PAN card or Driving license) at the examination center.
- Candidates will not be permitted to appear in the examination without a valid admit card.
NEET PG 2024 Result
- In the third week of January 2024, the result will be provided to students via online mode through the website.
- Keep the printout of the result and preserve the result till the admission process gets over.
- On the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the NEET-PG examination, a merit list will be prepared.
- The merit list will be categorized into, 1. All India 50% quota rank, 2. All India NEET PG 2024 rank, 3. All India 50% quota category rank and Private medical colleges rank/ State quota.
- According to their rank, the candidates can participate in the counselling process.
- Candidates have to fill their choices of colleges and courses in the counselling process.
- As per the rank, filled preferences and seat availability the admission will be done.
Documents Required at the time of Counselling/Admission:
- NEET PG 2024 Admit Card & Rank Card.
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- Graduation certificates.
- Category certificates (if applicable).
- Transfer certificates.
- Recent passport size photographs.
- Counselling call letter.
NEET PG Cut-OFF
NEET PG 2024 Important Points
- NBE (National Board of Examinations) will organize the NEET PG exam.
- The registration will be done online mode.
- The application fee of Rs. 2750/- will be charged for ST candidates.
- The fee payment can be done through online mode.
- A candidate will have to take the exam on a pre-assigned workstation, in the testing center.
- A total of 300 questions will be asked.
- The exam will have multiple-choice questions.