NIUM Admission 2019 Registration, Dates, PG Unani Courses
National Institute of Unani Medicine Banglore is one of the most reputed Government Unani Colleges in Karnataka. NIUM offers admission in PG (MD/MS) courses as well as in Ph.D. programmes. National Institute of Unani Medicine is an autonomous organization under the ministry of AYUSH, Government of India. The institute offers postgraduate courses in eight disciplines; Moalajat (Medicine), llmul Advia(Pharmacology), Tahaffuzi wa samaji Tib(Preventive and Social Medicine), llmul Qabalat wa Amraze Niswan(Obstetrics and Gynaecology), llmul Saidla (Pharmacy), Kulliyat(Basic Principles), llaj bit Tadbeer (Regimental Therapy), llmul Jarahat (surgery). NIUM has the credit to start Ph.D. course from the session 2014-15 in the Unani Medicine for the first time in Country.
Note: The admission shall be given on the basis of marks obtained in the AIAPGET and NIUM PGET.
- Check Here: Details fo AIA PGET 2019
The number of seats to be allotted to candidates would be 47 out of which 6 seats are reserved for the central government nominees. The breakup of seats in each department is as follows:
|Speciality||No. of seats|
|Tahaffuzi wa samaji Tib||07|
|llmul Qabalat wa Amraze Niswan||07|
|llaj bit Tadbeer||05|
|Manipal University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Chandigarh University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Amrita University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|SRM University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|LPU: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
NIUM Admission 2019 Procedure
- The admission committee shall scrutinize all the application forms.
- The eligible candidates shall be admitted on the basis of merit, subject to availability of seats.
- In case more than one candidate securing equal marks then the following criteria will be followed to decide seniority among them.
- The number of attempts taken by the candidate in UG examination
- If it is also the same then the total percentage secured by the candidate in the final year(descending order of semester).
- The vacancies arising out of non-joining of the candidate shall be filled on the basis of merit/waiting list within the stipulated date.
- Candidate must have finished BUMS degree with not less than 55%.
- For Ph.D. candidate must have passed post graduation (MD/MS) with not less than 60% marks.
- Admission in the Ph.D. is done on the basis of score card of RGHUS.
- Upper age limit for Ph.D. admission is 35 years.
- The upper age limit for SC/ST candidates is 40 years while of OBC candidate is 38%.
NIUM Bangalore Application Process:
- The mode of application for the PG and Ph.D. is online only.
- Candidate must fill all the details in application form.
- Candidate must read all the details given on prospectus.
- Candidate must save the form and print the hard copy.
- Candidate must submit the hard copy by post to:
Convenor, PGET Cell,
National Institute of Unani Medicine
Kottigepalya, Magadi main road, Bangalore-560091
- Candidate must pay the application fees through challan system in State Bank of India only.
Copies of Certificate to be enclosed:
- Application form duly filled in all respect.
- High School/Secondary or equivalent examination certificate for the proof of age.
- Marks sheet of all examination from first to final year as a proof of qualifying examination.
- Certificate of the internship.
- Caste certificate(if applicable)
- Result card of AIAPGET
- Five recent passport size photograph
- Registration certificate
NIUM 2019 Important Instructions
- Seats shall be allotted to the candidates purely on the merit basis.
- Candidates failed to the attend the first counselling shall not be allowed to attend for subsequent counselling.
- No transfer of college is allowed to any other college of Unani medicine.
- The original documents of admitted candidates will remain with institute till completion of duration of the course and will not be returned in middle for any reason.
- The Hostel accommodation will be provided subject to seat availability both in boys and girl hostel.
- The Institute is providing only lodging facility with water and electricity on payment basis to the P.G. scholar.
- Once candidate taken the admission shall not be allowed to apply for employment /joining services while doing the course.
- If any candidate leaves the course in between he/she will pay the entire stipend received.
- If any candidate applies for the job anywhere, during the course, such candidate will not be allowed to join the post until the completion of the course.
- All disputes are the subject of Bangalore jurisdiction.