NPTI CET 2022: National Power Training Institute (NPTI) offers Postgraduate Diploma Courses in Smart Grid Technologies, Power System Operation, PGDC in Renewable Energy & Grid Interface Technologies, and PGDC in Energy Market Management. These courses will be provided to those who will clear the NPTI PGDC CET. Candidates, who wish to make their career in the power and energy sector can apply for this exam. Admission will be done on Merit based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the NPTI PGDC CET.
Courses Offered (PGDC in)
- Power Plant Engineering
- Smart Grid Technologies
- Power System Operation
- Renewable Energy & Grid Interface Technologies
- Energy Market Management
NPTI CET 2022: Important Dates
|Online Registration starts from||2nd week of May 2022|
|Registration Ends on||2nd week of June 2022|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||4th week of June 2022|
|Date of NPTI PGDC CET 2022||1st week of July 2022|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of July 2022|
|Counseling||4th week of July 2022|
|Commencement of course||1st week of August 2022|
|Spot admission for vacant seats if any by Counseling||2nd week of August 2022|
- Power Plant Engineering: B.Tech. / B.E. or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks in Mechanical/ Electrical /Electrical & Electronics / C&I /Power Engineering and related branches
- Smart Grid Technologies: B.Tech. / B.E. or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks in Electrical /Electrical & Electronics /Electronics & Communication / C&I /Computer Science/ Information & Communication Technology and related branches
- Power System Operation: B.Tech. / B.E. or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks in Electrical/Electrical & Electronics / C&I / Power Engineering and related branches
- Renewable Energy & Grid Interface Technologies: B.Tech. / B.E. or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks in Electrical /Electrical & Electronics / C&I / Power Engineering and related branches
- Energy Market Management: B.Tech. / B.E. or its equivalent with minimum 60% marks in Electrical /Electrical & Electronics / C&I / Power Engineering and related branches
- There is no age limit for admission to the above courses.
NPTI CET 2022 Application Form
Candidates can apply online by visiting the official website at www.npti.in or npti.gov.in. Candidates must ensure the eligibility criteria laid down by the NPTI CET 2022 before applying. The direct link to apply online is also provided at the “Application Form” page.
- 25% seats are reserved for candidates sponsored from Power utilities.
- Reservation will be given to SC /ST/OBC/ Physically Challenged as per Govt. of India Norms.
NPTI CET 2022 Application Fee
- The registration fee is of Rs.2000/- (including GST) to be paid online.
- No application will be accepted without online payment.
- The Admission to the P.G. Diploma courses will be done on Merit.
- The merit will be based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the Common Entrance Test followed by Counseling.
- The Common Entrance Test includes Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions.
- The test would be offline paper-based.
- The questions are to be answered on OMR sheet.
- There will be negative marking.
- Each of the marked correct answers shall be rewarded one (1) mark.
- There will be negative marking and 0.25 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
|I||General Aptitude (including Basic Mathematics / Basic Science / Language / Analytical Reasoning / Data Interpretation etc.)||45||1.5 hours|
|Basic General Questions based on|
|Group I: Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication, C&I, Computer Science and IT|
|Group II: Mechanical Engineering & Power Engineering|
NPTI, Neyveli, TN, Durgapur, WB, Guwahati, Assam, Nagpur, Maharashtra, PSTI, Bengaluru, Nangal, Punjab & Faridabad (Delhi-NCR).
|PGDC Program||Faridabad||Badarpur||Nangal||Neyveli||Durgapur||Guwahati||Nagpur PSTI,||Bengaluru||Total|
|Power Plant Engineering||60||60||60||60||60||60||60||60||480|
|Smart Grid Technologies||60||–||–||–||60||–||60||60||240|
|Power System Operation||60||–||–||–||60||–||60||60||240|
|Energy Market Management||60||–||–||–||60||–||60||60||240|
|Renewable Energy & Grid Interface Technologies||60||–||–||–||60||–||60||60||240|
NPTI CET 2022 Counselling
- Candidates may attend the counselling at any one of the institutes as NPTI (CO) Faridabad, PSTI Bengaluru, NPTI Nagpur & NPTI Durgapur as per their choice mentioned in the application form.
- The candidate must appear in person at a chosen counselling center on counselling date.
- Candidates should have all relevant original documents required.
- The list of documents to be carried for counselling round would be published on the website before counselling round.
- The Sponsored candidates have to produce sponsorship letter at the time of counselling.
- The Sponsored candidates will not be considered for Campus Placements.
Check here official website: https://npti.gov.in/apply-for-cet