Preparation Tips for XAT 2017 / How to Get Prepare for XAT
XAT is more or less similar to other MBA entrance examinations except few differences and the difference is that XAT consists of decision making & essay as its subjects. The numbers of questions are less when you compared XAT with other MBA entrance examinations but if we compare in terms of difficulty level then you will find it much more difficult than the rest. The XAT schedules to be held in January. The interested candidates have to work hard to qualify XAT 2017. The candidates are advised to plan their studies in a proper way to do well in the examination. There are few tips mentioned below that will help the candidates to navigate their study.
XAT Exam Pattern
The question paper of XAT is divided into 4 sections-
|English Language & Logical Reasoning
|General Knowledge & Essay
- The duration of the examination is 3 hours. The candidates will get 140 minutes to attempt Part A and 40 minutes for Part B.
- There will be a penalty of ¼ marks for each wrong answer.
- The numbers of question for XAT vary every year. In 2015 there were 84 questions in XAT.
- The decision making subject was introduced in 2013 in XAT. The candidates have to give their opinions in this subject.
- There will be 5 options given for a question.
Preparation Tips for XAT 2017
- A very important tip to prepare well for XAT 2017 is to go through the previous years’ question papers. The candidates should practice these question papers, it will help them to understand the time management.
- The candidates must prepare a study strategy for them according to their convenience and must stick to it.
- The candidates should know how to utilizing the time during the examination in best possible manners. The better way is to solve 3-4 simple problems rather than spending much time on solving one tough question.
- The candidate needs to be more commanding in decision making as these questions are little easy as compared to other sections because the candidates have to give their opinions in this section.
- The candidates try to practice XAT mock test, sample question papers and other study materials to do well in the examination.
- The confidence level is a very important factor to give good performance in the examination, hence be confident in the practice session and in the examination as well.
- The candidates are advised to stay updated with current affairs on daily basis.
- The candidates should practice essay writing. The more you practice, more you will be better.
Best of Luck…………..