Scholarships for Indian Students After 12th: Various Government organizations, NGOs, private institutions, etc. have started the scholarship for Indian students after the 12th scheme in 2023-24. From this scheme, students are rewarded with the amount of a scholarship of up to Rs.25,000. Thus, based on the eligibility criteria, any student after qualifying the 12th standard can apply for such scholarships.
Read further in detail about the popular scholarships for Indian Students after the 12th class that aid in pursuing the graduation and diploma courses in the 2023-24 session.
List of Scholarships for Indian Students After 12th
After class XII, students prepare to get admission to the most renowned colleges/universities. However, several brilliant students in Ndia have to give up their further studies due to their financial conditions. Otherwise, they have to settle for a college that suits their budget rather than their interests and dreams. Thus, here comes the scholarships for Indian students after 12th to help them pursue better education and lead them to a brighter future.
So, here is a list of the top 10 scholarships that Indian students must apply for in 2023 for higher studies.
1. College Admission Scholarship Application (CASA)
The eligibility criteria, application procedure, reward amount, and how it is helpful, all these details on CASA are described below:
- This scholarship helps in pursuing quality education after the 12th standard.
- Students need to apply by filling an application for CASA.
- Further, based on merit, the scholarship is granted to eligible candidates.
- Also, the application procedure is done free of cost and it begins in June.
- The applicant must have qualified class XII from a recognized school affiliated with CBSE, ICSE, or any other recognized state board.
- Also, the undergraduate candidates are eligible to apply to pursue post-graduation courses through the scholarship.
- Lastly, the institute for which the applicant is applying through the scholarship must be recognized by AICTE or UGC
How to apply:
- Visit the official website of CASA and register yourself.
- Fill in the application form providing the details in the specified fields.
- Lastly, upload the required documents.
- Once the application is submitted, an email and email will be sent to the candidate about the candidature and scholarships, suitable for them.
Several scholarships are available for students under this scheme based on the candidates’ credentials. Besides this, the candidate is also eligible to get INR 10,000 according to the university and provider’s responsibility.
2. PM Narendra Modi Scholarship for 12th Pass Students
This scholarship is initiated by the Prime Minister of India, i.e. Narendra Modi to facilitate higher education for students. It aids in getting admission to undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The children of ex-servicemen get support from this scholarship for their higher education. Lastly, an amount of 5,500 is granted under this scholarship. Hence, aspiring students of B.Tech/B.E., B.A, BBA, BCA, M.A, M.Com, M.Sc, Ph.D., pharmacy, and medical courses can apply for the PM Narendra Modi scholarship after class XII.
Eligibility for PM Narendra Modi Scholarship 2023
- It is open for 12th pass candidates who have scored a minimum of 75% marks.
- Also, the age of the applicants must be between 18-25 years
- Lastly, their family income must be less than Rs. 6 lakhs.
This scholarship is usually open till the 2nd week of November. As a reward, the shortlisted candidates are granted Rs. 2,000 per month (boys) and Rs. 2,250 (girls). So, to apply for PM Narendra Modi Scholarship 2023, visit the Kendriya Sainik Board website.
3. National Scholarship Test (NST)
Shiksha Education Trust conducts the National Scholarship Test (NST) every year in both online and offline mode. It enables meritorious students to study further by providing scholarships at the national and state level. Students studying in the 5th to 12th standard are eligible to appear in NST. Therefore, interested students must apply for it before 31st May.
NST provides the reward of Rs.75,000 per candidate to the top three scholars at the national level. Whereas the state scholars are awarded Rs.28,000 each.
4. Sterling and Wilson Solar Scholarship 2023-24
Sterling and Wilson Limited has introduced the Sterling and Wilson Solar Scholarship for class XII students. Thus, male and female candidates who have cleared the 10th standard with a minimum of 35% marks are eligible for applying. The shortlisted students can get scholarships up to INR 10,000. However, the family income of the applicant must be below INR 4,00,000 PA. Also, don’t forget to apply before the last date, i.e 31st March 2023.
5. Foundation For Excellence (FFE) Scholarship
Foundation For Excellence (FFE) Scholarship was launched to help the financially weaker students to pursue a career in science streams (doctors/engineers) by promoting their higher studies.
- This scholarship is well-suited for students who want to pursue BE./B.Tech, Integrated 5-Year Dual-Degree M.Tech, and MBBS.
- Also, the candidates have to gain at least 70% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Lastly, only those candidates eligible who have taken admission to the program based on merit.
6. Schindler Igniting Minds Scholarship
Schindler Igniting Minds Scholarship focuses on providing financial aid to students of rural regions or underprivileged classes. This scholarship is applicable to the student who must have cleared the 12th standard. Moreover, the students who are willing to pursue diploma engineering courses like civil, electronics, telecommunication, mechanical, and electronics must go for this scholarship. Each year, through the Schindler scholarship initiative, about 75 students are awarded a scholarship worth Rs. 20,000.
- The applicant must have passed 12th from the science stream scoring at least 65% aggregate.
- The annual family income should be less than Rs. 2 lakh.
- Also, both the aspiring candidates and already enrolled candidates in engineering diploma courses can apply.
- Lastly, the age of the applicant must be less than 20 years.
- Go to the official website and login/register using Facebook, Google Plus, or an Email account.
- Once the sign-in process is done, tap the ‘Start Application button.
- Fill in all the required details and upload the documents.
- Finally, click on the submit button.
- Once the application is submitted, a confirmation SMS and email will be sent to the candidate about the candidature and scholarship approval.
7. Raman Kant Munjal Scholarship 2023-24
Raman Kant Munjal Foundation in combination with the Hero group provide scholarship to deserving students for pursuing higher education and vocational studies. The awardees of this scholarship receive 2,70,000 per year for 3 years.
- The students must be either in Class XII or have passed it.
- The maximum age of the applicant should be under 19 years as of 31/5/2023.
- Also, the family income should not be more than 6 lakh per annum from all the sources.
- For students of class 12th, the score in class 10th and 12th must be at least 65% marks.
- Lastly, the applicants who want to pursue diploma courses through this scholarship must have scored at least 80% marks in classes 11th and 12th.
- After filling out the application form, the applicants are called for a career assessment test and then filling the essay form.
- Thereafter, if the candidate’s essay gets selected, an interview round is conducted for them.
- Moreover, the students must apply before 15th June 2023.
8. Indian Oil Academics Scholarship
Students from all over India apply for the Indian Oil Academics Scholarship sponsored by Indian Oil Corporation Limited. However, the scholars are selected through the merit list. The candidates of first-year of engineering and MBBS courses are eligible for this scholarship. As a result, 300 scholarships are awarded to engineering students. Whereas, for the MBBS students, 200 scholarships are reserved. Besides this, girls, physically challenged students, students from J&K, and other Northeast states also get special support.
Candidates of Class XI, ITI 1st year (2 years program) in schools or institutions approved by central/state government can apply. Also, first-year students of engineering degree courses and MBBS courses are also eligible for it.
9. Combined Counselling Board (CCB) Scholarship
CCB is yet another scholarship for aiding students in pursuing higher education. CCB is associated with various renowned educational institutes which provide scholarship opportunities to financially weaker students. The scholarship via CCB is applicable for both the students of classes X and XII. But the students must have scored a minimum aggregate of 33% to 50% in the recent exam.
An application will be filed online where the students choose their native state and continue with the corresponding application. It is recommended to go through all the guidelines thoroughly then proceed with the application filling and finally submit the application. Thereafter, take a printout of your application receipt and counseling letter.
The shortlisted candidates for the CCB scholarship will receive a scholarship of Rs.60,000 – Rs.70,000 for higher education.
10. Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme 2023-24
Sant Nirankari Charitable Foundation has initiated Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme which provides scholarships to meritorious candidates for their higher professional studies. So, to obtain this scholarship, the student must have passed class XII with a 90% and his/her family income must be less than 3.5 Lacs/year. Also, the candidate must be pursuing UG or PG course from govt. recognized college/institution. Lastly, the student has to score 75% every year to renew this scholarship.
The scholarship compensates the tuition fee of the selected candidates up to INR 50,000. Moreover, the candidates whose family income is lower are given preference when issuing the scholarship. Thus, the aspirants of the Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship Scheme 2023 have to apply before September 2023.