SRFTI Admission 2022: SFTI offers a post-graduate program in Cinematic studies and Television. The entrance test conducted by SFTI would determine admissions to various courses like Direction and Screenplay Writing, Cinematography Animation Cinema, Producing Film and Television, Editing, Sound Recording, and Design. The offered programs will be taught at the Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute only. The applications for SRFTI Admission 2022 will be accepted in online mode on the official website with essential document uploading and fee payment. The prospectus of SRFTI Admission 2022 will be published on the official website i.e. srfti.ac.in. For more info, candidates can go through the following article.
Details of the program
- Courses offered: 3-year (full time), PG programme in Cinema and 2-year (full time) and in Television.
- Course Structure: These are integrated courses. The Shortlisted candidates of written test will get a call to attend an Interactive Orientation Course. A Personal interview would be conducted for some courses.
- Course content: Classroom Lectures, Practical Exercises, Workshops, and Film Screenings, Interactions with Professionals.
- Duration of the Classes: The classes in the postgraduate programme in Cinema are held for 20 weeks and the classes will be held for 6 weeks for the Animation Cinema (also an integrated course).
|3-year (full time) PG Programme in Cinema
||2-year (full time) PG Programme in Television
|Producing film and television
||Writing for electronic & digital media
|Direction and screenplay writing
||Electronic & digital media management
|Cinematography Animation cinema
||Videography for electronic & digital media
||Producing for electronic & digital media
|Sound recording and design
||Editing for electronic & digital media
||Sound for electronic & digital media
SRFTI Admission 2022: Important Dates
|Online application submission begins
||4th week of December 2020
|Online application submission ends
||1st week of February 2022
|Admit cards issued on
||2nd week of February 2022
||4th week of February 2022
||To be Announced
|OC & interview
||To be Announced
|The session shall commence from
||To be Announced
- The Candidate must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The candidates who have the marks sheet of the final examination for the bachelor’s degree as per the merit list are also eligible to apply.
- For Sound & Design, Physics at 10+2 level is required.
- For the Animation Cinema course, the candidates should have proficiency in drawing.
Procedure to apply for SRFTI Admission 2022
- Registration for Online Application
- Filling the following details in the application form
- Photograph Image
- Final Review and confirmation
- The application form of SRFTI Admission 2022 will be accepted in online mode at the official website (srfti.ac.in).
- The candidates required to register at the portal of the institute.
- Provide all the required details and upload the images and pay the fee to complete the application form.
- Fill the details prompted by the online system as part of the application submission process.
- The photograph must be a recent passport-size color picture.
- Review the application and the entries made.
- Take a print out of the application
Specification of Documents to be uploaded
||Dimension (in pixels)
||140 X 170
||< 40 KB
||800 X 1100
||< 100 KB
||1100 X 800
- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of a minimum passing marks criteria for the institute.
- These shortlisted candidates will be divided into 2 groups i.e. for admission in PG Programme in Cinema and for admission in PG Programme on Television.
- For PG Programme in Cinema, candidates will go through an interactive orientation course.
- For PG Programme in Television, candidates will have to appear for an interview.
- The whole admission process may be held in consecutive three days including an interactive orientation course.
Distribution of marks
- Written Test: 25%.
- Interactive Orientation Course: 50%.
- Interview: 25%
|Cultural Activity Fee