Candidates are invited by Thiruvalluvar University for Common Entrance test for Full-time and Part-time admission to Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) Program August Session 2023. The University comes into existence in October 2002 & it is a State University which is situated Serkadu, Vellore, Tamil Nadu. The University currently has seven departments, namely, Tamil, English, Economics, Zoology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Bio-Technology. Through these departments, Thiruvalluvar University MPhil & PhD Admissions 2023 programs in 7 different specializations.
Thiruvalluvar University MPhil & PhD Admissions 2023: Important dates
|Submission of the applications for M.Phil. Program||1st week of September 2023|
|Submission of the applications forms for Ph.D. Program||1st week of Oct0ber 2023|
In this article, we are providing you the Thiruvalluvar University admission eligibility criteria for various UG &PC course available at this university. The authority will prescribe the eligibility criteria for various course. Before applying candidates can check the eligibility criteria first.
For M.Phil Courses:
- Candidates applied for M.Phil /Ph.D. Admission must have acquired a post-graduation degree with 55 % marks in relevant discipline from any recognized university.
For M.Phil. (Full-Time):
- For the general category, the candidate must have a minimum of 55% marks and 50% marks for the SC/ST category, in post-graduate degree. Candidates who are working as Full-time Research Assistants/ Project Fellows/JRF/SRFin time-bound research schemes or one-year duration or more in University Departments, Research Departments of affiliated colleges/ Recognized Research Institutions are also eligible for admission.
For M.Phil. (Part-Time):
- Candidate must be employed in any concerned Research Institutions situated outside the State of Tamil Nadu or institution situated within the jurisdiction of the State of Tamil Nadu or recognized by the University.
- General category, minimum 55% of marks and 50% marks for SC/ST category, in the Master’s Degree.
For PhD (Full-time/ Part-time/ Independent Research Scholar)
- The general category candidate must have a Master’s degree with not less than 55% of marks or a CGPA of 5.51 and above (50% marks for SC/ST category), under the faculties of Arts, Fine Arts, Science, Indian and other languages, Management, etc.
- A Research Fellow working in research projects funded by external agencies such as DST/ DOD/ DOEn / UGC / CSIR and similar national/ international and state-level organizations in this University/ research centers/ affiliated colleges can also apply.
Thiruvalluvar University MPhil & PhD Admissions 2023: Application form
From the official university website, the application form of Thiruvalluvar University MPhil & PhD Admissions 2023 can be downloaded. The candidate in the form will enter important details along with the important documents. The candidate seeking admission to Ph.D. program and M.Phil. Program at Thiruvalluvar University should apply in the prescribed format only. Candidates are advised to first check the number of vacancies available in their desired program and department with the concerned Department and Supervisor at the University. The application form for M.Phil. Program can be obtained in any of the following ways.
Ways to obtain the Application Form
- On the Official Website, the Application Form will be made available.
- Interested Candidates complete their study from Thiruvalluvar University and they can easily download the Thiruvalluvar University Application Form 2023 and fill the form.
- It is necessary that the information provided by you should be found genuine during verification; else, the admission will be canceled.
- Candidates must upload the passport size photograph and signature in the asked format and Keep the printed copies of filled application form for further reference.
- Candidates must have a Mark / Grade Certificate of the qualifying Post Graduate (PG) course and Provisional / Degree Certificates of the Under-Graduate (UG) and Post-Graduate (PG) Courses.
- Carry Transfer and Conduct Certificates (issued by the Institution last studied) or Community Certificate.
- Service Certificate issued by the Employer, Head Master / Principal / Head of the Institution (in the case you are applying for part-time Program)
- you should produce no objection certificate issued by the DCE / Registrar (for teachers of Self-financing institutions) / Director of Technical Education (for teachers of Polytechnics) / CEO (for teachers of schools) For part-time program
- Application and registration fee is Rs.200/- for Ph.D. & M.Phil. Program.
Candidates selection will be based on the marks obtained in the qualification examination (50% of marks) and the entrance examination (50% of marks) conducted by the institute. The question paper based on multiple-choice type questions for 50 marks and rank list based on the marks obtained will be prepared for a maximum of 100 marks.
Selection based on the two-step process:
- Candidates must be score 40 marks in the entrance exam and 10 marks in the interview and total number score by the candidate must be 50 marks for the qualifying.
- The entrance test will check candidates general knowledge, Research aptitude, Depth/grasp of the subject, intellectual ability.
|Backward Classes including 3.5% for Muslims||30%|
|Most Backward Classes and De-notified Communities||20%|
|Scheduled Caste including 3% for Arunthathiyars and 1% for Scheduled Tribes (ST)||19%|
Visit the official website of Thiruvalluvar University