UGC NET is an annual test held on behalf of the UGC by the official authority of the NTA. The CBSE has previously been the official representative in charge of conducting the UGC NET. The National Eligibility Test is the most popular name for the NET among applicants. The official authorities hold the UGC NET entrance test as a national-level entrance exam. Applicants who pass this entrance test will be eligible for a variety of positions, including Assistant Professor at a college, or any other Indian university. It is held for 79 disciplines at all 89 participating universities throughout the country. In the following post, we have included all of the essential details regarding the UGC NET 2023, including important dates, registration form and payment, eligibility requirements, test paper structure, test curriculum, hall ticket, result, and much more.
UGC NET 2023 Important Dates
|Events||Dates 2023 (Tentative)|
|Starting Of Registration Procedure||2nd week of March 2023|
|Last Date to Apply||4th week of April 2023|
|Opening of correction Window||1st week of May 2023|
|Admit Card||3rd week of May 2023|
|Exam Date||1st week of June 2023|
|Answer Key||2nd week of June 2023|
|Result Declaration||4th week of June 2023|
UGC NET 2023 Application Form
The following are the essential information and instructions for UGC NET :
- The application form submission procedure will be controlled in online mode on the official website (ugcnet.nta.nic.in).
- The UGC NET registration procedure will begin in the second week of March 2023.
- Applicants will be requested to fill out the certain necessary information in the registration form, with the obligatory information denoted by an asterisk (*).
- Applicants’ information must be accurate and genuine; any errors will result in the initial application being rejected.
- Applicants must carefully fill out the application form since the authorities will not offer any corrections afterward.
- The registration form must be filed by the Last week of April 2023, since beyond that period, the authorities will not accept any applications.
- For reference purposes, applicants should retain a copy of their completed application form and payment confirmation.
The cost for the application form may only be paid online. Candidates may pay the application fee via Debit Card /UPI / Net Banking/Credit Card/E-Wallet:
The registration cost for each applicant category would be as follows:
|Category||Fee (in Rs.)|
|SC/ ST/Transgender/ PWD candidates||250|
|EWS/ OBC candidates||500|
The following are the full eligibility requirements for the UGC NET Exam:
- Education: Applicants must have a master’s degree in a related field from a recognized institution.
- Marks: Candidates must have received at least 55 percent (50 percent for PwD/ SC/ OBC/ ST/ Third gender candidates) without rounding.
- Candidates who are participating in the final examination or whose results are still pending are eligible to apply for the UGC NET Exam.
- For JRF, applicants must be at least 31 years old, with a 5-year age relaxation available for reserved candidates.
- There will be no upper age restriction for the Assistant Professor position.
The full test pattern for the UGC NET 2023 Exam is as follows:
- Test Mode: The exam will be administered in CBT (Computer Based Test/Online) format.
- Language: The question paper will be written in the language chosen by the applicants from Hindi and English.
- Exam Papers: The test will have two papers.
- Question Types: The question paper will include multiple-choice, objective questions.
- Test Time: The exam will take three hours to complete.
- Questions: The paper will include a total of 150 questions.
- Marks: The written examination will be worth a total of 300 points.
- Marking Scheme: Two marks will be awarded for each right answer.
- Negative Marking: The paper will not have any negative marking.
The following is the full pattern for the question paper:
|Paper||Marks||Number of Questions|
|Total||300 marks||150 questions|
UGC NET 2023 Result
In this part, candidates will learn all they need to know about the test results. Applicants who wish to verify their test results may go to the National Testing Agency (NTA). The official authorities will publish the results in an online format on the university’s official website. The test results will be published shortly after the exam is completed. Applicants will check the UGC NET 2023 Results on the official website using their application number and password or date of birth. On the NTA’s official website, the UGC NET 2023 Results will be accessible in PDF format.
The UGC NET 2023 Results will be determined by the candidates’ performance in the admission test. Only those candidates who scored higher than the cutoff will be able to proceed to the next round of the admissions process and be admitted.
UGC NET 2023: List of Merit
Applicants can find information regarding the Merit List in the section below. The official authorities of the National Testing Agency will produce the UGC NET Merit List. The Merit List will be prepared individually for each course and category by the authorized authorities.
On the university’s official website, candidates will be able to see the UGC NET 2023 Merit List in an online manner. Applicants will be unable to access the UGC NET 2023 Merit List via any means other than the online method. The names of the candidates who have been selected by the official authorities will appear on the UGC NET 2023 Merit List. The candidates will be shortlisted by the official authorities depending on their performance in the admission test. Those candidates who scored better on the entrance test than the cutoff will be nominated and admitted to the school.
|Ph.D. Admission Notification||University Admission Notification|
UGC NET 2023: Tips of Exam Preparation
We have included the fundamental information regarding the UGC NET 2023 Preparation Tips for better preparation for the entrance test in the part below for the candidates’ reference.
- Candidates should provide a detailed schedule.
- Candidates can consult the official website for more information on the test paper pattern and curriculum.
- To study effectively for the entrance test, candidates should study and review regularly.
- Candidates should take brief notes while studying since these will come in handy throughout the revision phase.
- Candidates should make a mental note of the difficult formulae in order to recall them.
- For a better grasp of the topics, the candidates should view certain internet videos.
- Candidates should not abandon any subject for the sake of learning.