NTA NET Application Form has been released on 16th March 2023 for June Session. This examination gets conducted twice a year. A large number of candidates appear in this examination in order to be eligible for the Junior Research Fellowship and for the post of Assistant Professor.
NTA UGC NET 2023 Important Dates
|Release of Online Application
|Last date to fill online application
|Availability of Admit card
|Result Declaration Date
Steps to fill UGC NET Application Form 2023
- Visit the official site. (Apply Here) to fill the application form.
- Once you reach on the homepage, click on the application form link and fill all the details.
- After that, upload your scanned passport-size photograph and your signature of yours.
- The payment can be done via Credit/Debit Card/E- Challan.
- After doing all these things, you can successfully hit the submit button.
- Lastly, take the printout of the filled application form and payment slip for further usage.
- Gather all the documents along with the filled application form. Attach it all together and then send it to the Registrar/Principal of the concerned institute.
- The application fee is payable through credit/ debit card or through e-challan.
- Candidates have to make the payment in cash to Syndicate/ Canara/ ICICI/ HDFC bank those who are submitting the fee through e-challan.
- Age Limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years as on 1st July 2023.
- For OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD category candidates, 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided.
- Relaxation will also be given to candidates having research experience.
- No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent from a university recognized by UGC at with least 55% marks in aggregate is required (50% marks for reserved categories).
- Appearing in the final semester of the master’s degree can also apply.
- D candidates can also apply and there is a 5% relaxation in aggregate marks.
- Such candidates should have the Master’s degree examination which should be completed by 19th September 1991.
For Assistant Professor:
- No upper age limit is prescribed for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- The students must hold a PG degree or its equivalent with a minimum score of at least 55% from a recognized university/institution.
- The students who have already qualified OR will qualify Postgraduate degree OR whose results are just as awaited OR the examination has been postponed (only in case) will be eligible to apply for UGC NET.
- The Ph.D. holder students who have done his/her PG degree prior to September 19, 1991, were suitable to get 5% relaxation in the aggregate marks.
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions.
- The questions which will be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective type compulsory questions.
- The questions will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- Each question in both the papers will be carrying 2 marks.
|Number of Questions
|50 questions (all compulsory)
|100 questions (all compulsory)
UGC NET Application Form 2023: Important Points
- Do not send the printout of the confirmation page to the authority office.
- Age relaxation is applicable to the reserved category of people.
- It is important to take Admit Card with you while going to the examination center.
- You can check the age eligibility criteria from the above-given section.
- The application fee will be non-refundable and non-transferable in any case.