UPESMET 2018: Eligibility Criteria, Dates, Exam Pattern, Result, Syllabus
For admissions to its various Management programs, UPES Management Entrance Test (UPESMET 2018) conducted by University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES) Dehradun, every year. UPES offers unique industry-focused graduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs in key areas such as Energy, Information Technology, Design, Public Policy, Infrastructure, Transportation and Legal studies. Below is the article given having all the important information about UPESMET 2018 Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card and Result etc
List of MBA courses offered by UPESMET 2018:
- Power Management
- Aviation Management
- Oil & Gas Management
- Business Analytics in academic collaboration with IBM
- Energy Trading
- Port & Shipping Management
- Real Estate, Infrastructure and Smart Cities
- International Business Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Human Resources Management / Marketing Management / Financial & Accounting Management / Operations Management
UPESMET 2018: Important Dates
|Last Date for Submission of Application Form||05 Mar 2018|
|Issue of Admit Card||07 Mar 2018|
|Date of Examination||11 Mar 2018|
UPESMET 2018 Application Form Details
The application form can be filled through the online mode only. Eligible candidates will have to fill the application form of UPESMET 2018. The candidates will be required to fill the correct and complete details in the application form. It is also required to upload the images and paying the required application fee. The candidates need to take a printout of it for the future reference, after completing the application form. Lastly, on completion of the application process, the candidates will receive the application number. Note down the application number for the future reference.
- The candidate must have passed at Higher & Senior Secondary level (Class X and XII) with a minimum of 50% marks.
- The candidate must be a Graduate in any subject with minimum 50% marks from a recognized University.
- Candidates are exempted from taking UPESMET 2018, who have MAT, CMAT, XAT, CAT, NMAT and GMAT scores of either the same or previous year.
- Candidates in their final year of qualifying exam are also eligible for UPESMET 2018.
Scholarship in UPESMET 2018
- 5% seats in each program for 25% tuition fee waiver in 1st semester.
- Minimum 90 percentile in MAT, NMAT, UPESMET & CMAT.
- Minimum 80 percentile in CAT/XAT
- The mentioned percentiles are only the eligibility to apply for scholarship.
- Scholarship seats will be awarded after commencement of classes.
- Candidates securing above percentages are required to fill UPES Application form.
- In absence of relevant academic scores, scholarship application will not be considered.
- The management reserves the right to change the scholarship policy as per their discretion
- Final decision of granting scholarship is with the scholarship committee.
- Admissions are granted through two pathways (Examination an Non Examination)
- Non-examination pathway: Candidates who qualify through MAT, CMAT, XAT, CAT, NMAT and GMAT scores
- Examination pathway: Candidates who appear in UPESMET
- Candidate selected in the above two categories will have to face Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds for final admission.
- Upto 50% of the seats will be filled through non-examination pathway category students.
- There is a provision of 15% reservation for Uttarakhand residents.
Non Examination Pathway – CAT/ MAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ NMAT by GMAC/ GMAT followed by GD and PI.
|MBA Port & Shipping Management / Business Analytics/ MBA General Management with Specialization in HR / Operations / Aviation Management / Urban Infrastructure & Smart Cities / Mkt / Finance)||Minimum MAT/CMAT score of 75 Percentile
Minimum CAT/XAT score of 70 percentile
|MBA Oil & Gas Management / Power Management / Energy Trading / International Business/ Logistics & Supply Chain Management||Minimum MAT/CMAT score of 80 Percentile
Minimum CAT/XAT score of 75 percentile
- There will be four sections
- Each section will carry 35 MCQs.
- The paper will consist of 140 questions of one mark each.
- The candidates are supposed to choose only one option.
- Each question will have four options to choose the right answer from.
- Selection of more than one option will deem the answer incorrect.
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||35|
|Total Number of Questions||140|
- The admit card will be available on the official website of UPES only.
- The candidates will be given the Admit Card few days before the examination.
- The candidates can download the admit card by entering the required information as per the scheduled dates.
- Paste a photograph at the prescribed space in the admit card.
- Candidate must carry the admit card on the day of the examination.
- The result will be uploaded on the official website of UPES.
- The result will be declared for the candidates appeared for the examination.
- It will consist of the marks and rank obtained by the candidates in all the three stages of the selection process.
- Tthe result of the qualified candidates of the entrance examination will be uploaded at first.
- The final list of qualified candidates of all the three stages will be published later on.
- The candidates will get admission to the desired course and Institute, on the basis of the marks and rank obtained by the candidates and as per the available number of seats.
Documents to carry for GD/PI (original and photocopy):
- Class 10 marksheet
- Class 12 marksheet
- UPESMET 2018 score card
- Graduation marksheet
- Migration certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Valid photo ID
- Address proof
- UPESMET 2018 payment acknowledgement slip
- Other relevant documents
Fact Inference Judgement, Grammar and Vocabulary, Fill in the Blanks, Reading and Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Para Jumble and Completion
Number System, Modern Mathematics, Higher Maths, Mensuration, Trigonometry, HCF, LCM, Arithmetic Progression, Arithmetic Mean, Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Geometric Progression, Geometric Mean, Harmonic Mean, Partnership, Time, Speed, Distance, Work and Time, Profit and Loss, Instalments and Payments, Partnership, Median, Mode, BODMAS, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Average, Clocks, Work and Time, Pipe and Cisterns, Lines, Angles and Triangles, Cubes and Cones
Tables, Combination of Graphs, Caselet, Pie Chart, Bar Graph, Line Graph, Data Sufficiency,
Analytical & Logical Reasoning
Data Arrangement, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relations, Constraint Based Puzzles, Syllogism, Proposition, Clocks and Calendars, Sets, Assumptions, Statements, Binary Logic, Family Tree, Venn Diagram, Matching Puzzle.