KCET 2017 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern- Check full details
KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test) is a state level examination conducted by KEA (Karnataka Examination Authority) to offer admission to deserving applicants in numerous full time courses in engineering, medical, dental, architecture etc. The applicants who are interested in KCET 2017 should go through detailed notification before starting with application process.
List of courses offered through KCET: BAMS, BUMS, BHYS & BHMS, B.E./B. Tech, B. Arch, BSc (with specialization in agriculture, forestry, sericulture, agri. Biotech, horticulture, Home science, Agriculture marketing and Co-operation) B. Tech with Food science and Technology, B. Tech with Agriculture Engineering, B. V. Sc. & A.H.B. Pharma, 2nd Year BPharma (Lateral Entry) and DPharma. These courses are offered by Government assisted as well as private educational institutions of the state. In this test, students from only Karnataka states are allowed and other students can go for COMEDK taken for admissions in private Engineering, Dental and Medical College
KCET 2017 Notification
KCET 2017 Application form has been released, Application process has started from 27th January 2017.
KCET 2017 will not be conducted to admission in MBBS/BDS for the session 2017-18. MBBS/BDS Admissions will be done on the basis of NEET 2017- Check details here
KCET 2017 Exam (for other courses) will be conducted on 2nd, 3rd and 4th May 2017.
|Commencement of online applications||27th January 2017|
|Last date to submit online applications||27th February 2017|
|Last date for payment of fee||2nd March 2017|
|Availability of admit card||3rd week of April 2017|
|Examination date (Biology & Mathematics)||2nd May 2017|
|Examination date (Physics & Chemistry)||3rd May 2017|
|Kannada Language Test (only in Bangalore)||4th May 2017|
|Results declaration||last week of May 2017|
|Counseling will starts from||2nd week of June 2017|
KCET 2017 Application form
The applicants can apply online for KCET 2017 from the official website of the authority. Any other mode of application except online will not be accepted. The application forms will be available online from 1st week of January 2017. The applicants have to fill all the details as required in the application form along with scanned images of photograph, signature and left thumb impression.
KCET 2017 Application Form Fee
- Rs 650/- for GEN/OBC category
- Rs 500/- for SC/ST category
- Rs 750/- for Candidates studied 12th standard from state other than Karnataka
The application fee can be remitted through e-challan by depositing fee in any specified bank (State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Hyderabad, Indian Bank, Axis Bank, State Bank of India).
Bank charges of Rs. 10/- will be charged from all the category candidates.
KCET Application Form 2017, How to apply- Check here
KCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
To get the admission in above mentioned courses one has to possess any of the below mentioned qualification and Applicant should be an Indian national having the domicile certificate of Karnataka.
For engineering course:
- Candidates are required to pass the 2nd PUC / 12th Std with English and obtained an aggregate marks 50% in Physics, Mathematics (compulsory subjects) with one of the optional subject that include Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Electronics/Computer (40% marks for SC/ST/Category-I, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates).
- Candidates are required to pass the 2nd PUC / 12th Std with Mathematics as a compulsory subject and obtained 50% aggregate marks in all subjects (40% for Category-I, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates).
For Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy and Yoga:
- Passed 2nd PUC / 12th Std with English and obtained 50% marks in PCM (40% for Category-I, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates).
For B.V.Sc. & A.H.:
- Passed 2nd PUC / 12th Std in PCB and English subjects and obtained 50% aggregate marks in 4 subjects (40% for Category-I, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates).
- Passed 2nd PUC / 12th Std with 45% aggregate marks in PCM or PCB or D.Pharma (40% for reserved categories).
Sc (forestry & Agri.) & B.HSc:
- Candidate must have passed 12th passed with PCB/PCM.
KCET 2017 Exam Pattern
- The examination will be held in offline mode.
- There will be total 60 questions of MCQ type in the examination.
- The applicants have to use only blue or black ball point pen to marks their answers.
- The applicants will get 1 mark for each correct answer and there is no penalty for wrong answers.
|Subjects||No. of questions||Total marks||Duration|
|Kannada (if applicable)||50||50||80 minutes|
KCET 2017 Exam Centres
Bagalkot, Chitradurga, Mangalore, Jamakhandi, Davangere, Moodabidre, Bangalore, Dharwad, Puttur, Doddaballapur, Hubli, Ujire, Belgaum, Gadag, Mysore, Athani, Gulbarga, Raichur, Chickodi, Hassan, Ramanagara, Gokak, Haveridte, Channapatna, Bellary, Karwar, Shimoga, Hospet, Dandeli, Bhadravathi, Bidar, Kumta, Sagar, Basavakalyan, Sirsi, Tumkur, Bhalki, Kolar, Tiptur, Bijapur, K G F, Udupi, Chamarajanagar, Koppal, Karkala, Kollegal, Madikeri, Kundapura, Chickaballapur, Mandya, Yadgir, Chickamagalur, Krishnarajapet
KCET 2017 Participating Institutes
- E.S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- M.S College of Engineering, Bull Temple Road, Bangalore
- Shri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering, Mysore
- MS Ramiah Institute of Tech, Bangalore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- RNS Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Bangalore
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- BVB College of Engg & Tech, Hubli
The examination syllabus will be based on 1st & 2nd PUC specified by the department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State. The syllabus of engineering will include these subjects- Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics and syllabus of medical will include these subjects- Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
|Physical world & measurement||Kinematics||Laws of motion|
|Work, energy & power||Motion of system of particles & rigid body||Gravitation|
|Properties of bulk matter||Thermodynamics||Behavior of perfect gas & kinetic theory|
|Oscillations & waves||Electrostatics||Current electricity|
|Magnetic effects of current & magnetism||Electromagnetic induction & alternating current||Electromagnetic waves|
|Optics||Dual nature of matter & radiation||Atoms & nuclei|
|Electronic devices||Communication system|
|Some basic concepts of chemistry||Structure of atom||Classification of elements & periodicity in properties|
|Chemical bonding & molecular structure||States of matter- liquids & gases||Chemical thermodynamics|
|Equilibrium||Redox reactions hydrogen||S-Block elements|
|Some p-block elements||Organic chemistry||Hydrocarbons|
|Environmental chemistry||Solid state||Solutions|
|Electro-chemistry||Chemical kinetics||Surface chemistry|
|General principles & processes of isolation of elements||D & f block elements||Co-ordination compounds|
|Haloalkanes & haloarenes||Alcohols, phenols & ethers||Aldehydes & ketones & carboxylic acids|
|Organic compounds containing nitrogen||Biomolecules||Polymers|
|Chemistry in everyday life|
|Algebra||Theory of Indies & logarithms||Progressions|
|Mathematical induction||Theory of e||Partial fractions|
|Permutations & combinations||Binomial theorem||Calculus|
|Elements of number theory & congruence||Co-ordinate geometry||Relations between sides & angles of a triangle|
|Measurement of angles & trigonometric functions|
Note: Final date for Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2017 will be updated on this page after release of official notification of KCET 2017. For more information you may visit (kea.kar.nic.in)