GATE Application Form 2021: The official dates for GATE Application Form 2020 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) will be released in the month of July. Candidates should get in touch with GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) regularly. The candidates can access GOAPS from the website of the respective Zonal GATE Offices or GATE organizing institutes. The candidates can register online through GOAPS by paying the application fee through online or offline mode (after releasing the official notification for the GATE application form). We’ve given all the required information about GATE Application Form 2020 in the following article.
GATE Application Form 2021: Important Dates
|Commencement of Online Application Form
||1st week of September 2020
|Last Date of Application Form Submission
||last week of September 2020
|Last Date of Application with late fee
||1st week of October 2020
|Last Date to request for the change in exam city
||2nd week of November 2020
|Mock Test Release
||3rd week of November 2020
|Availability of Admit Card
||1st week of January 2021
||1st week of February 2021
|Declaration of result
||2nd week of March 2021
|Downloading of Score Card Begins
||3rd week of May 2021
||2nd week of April 2021
- B.Arch: 5-years bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- B.E./ B.Tech/ B.Pharm: 4-years B.Tech (after 10+2) in any stream or 3-years B.Tech lateral entry (after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology). Final year candidates may also apply.
- B.Sc. Research/ B.S.: 4-years Bachelor’s degree in Science (post-diploma or after 10+2)
- Int. M.E./ M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2): 5-years Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/Technology
- Int. M.E/ M.Tech(Post-B.Sc.): 4-years Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology
- Int. M.Sc/ Int. B.S.-M.S.: Integrated M.Sc. or Five years integrated B.S./M. S. program
- M.Sc./ M.A./ MCA or Equivalent: Master’s degree in Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent
- Professional Society Examination equivalent to B.Tech/ B.E./ B.Arch: E/B.Tech/B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers India)
Procedure to fill GATE Application Form 2021
- GATE registration 2020 through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS)
- Filling the complete application form
- Uploading scanned copies of educational documents and images
- Payment of application fee
- Preview of filled application form
- Final submission of application form
Steps to fill GATE Application Form 2021
- Candidates have to first register themselves using the GATE login.
- Fill the GATE Application Form 2020 only after the completion of registration.
- Upload the scanned images of recent coloured, passport size photograph and left-hand thumb impression.
- Preview the application form after filling all the details and verify all the details entered by them.
- Pay the application fee as per their categories (as given in the next section).
- Students can submit the application form after the payment of application fees.
- Check and verify all the details before the final submission of the application form.
- Candidates are also provided with the correction facility.
- Candidates who would submit their application form will be able to modify their details in the correction facility.
For Examination Centres in India
|All other candidates
|SC/ST/PwD* category candidates
For Examination Centres in Foreign Countries
|Dubai and Singapore
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu
- The candidates can pay their application fee either online or offline.
- The candidates can also pay the fee through Net Banking in online mode and in offline mode, the fee has to be paid through e-challan.
Important Points of GATE Application Form 2021
- The application form will be available only in online mode.
- Candidates are not required to send the print out of the filled GATE 2020 application form to the authorities.
- Candidates had to pay the application fee through online mode i.e., net banking/debit card/credit card.
- Candidates who will be attempting the exam at Dubai and Singapore had to pay US$ 100 as an application fee.
- Indian nationality candidates who will be appearing for the examination at Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, and Kathmandu had to pay US$ 50.
- One email ID had to be used by the candidates to fill and submit only one application form.
- The candidate will be required to log into their GOAPS account to check their application status.
- The application form will be rejected if the scanned images are not according to the specifications mentioned by the authorities.
- For Indian candidates, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar ID, College ID, Employee ID, and Driving License will be accepted.
- For International candidates, a valid Passport/Government issued ID/College ID/Employee ID will be accepted.