Tips to Score high in UGC NET Exam Paper 1: This time CBSE is going to conduct UGC NET examination. The national level NET qualified candidates are appointed as Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship in Indian universities and colleges. NET consists of 3 papers (1 compulsory and 2 optional). Here are some useful tips to prepare for compulsory Paper.
This paper tests the Teaching/Research ability of the candidates. This test consists of 60 MCQ type question and 50 out of 60 have to be attempted. The maximum marks for the examination are 100 and each question carries 2 marks. The minimum marks to qualify are 40% for general candidates and 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD. The question paper is divided into 10 sections.
UGC NET Paper 1st Syllabus
Research Aptitude, Communication, Logical Reasoning, Information and communication technology, Higher Education system, Teaching Aptitude, Reading Comprehension, Reasoning, Data interpretation, People and environment
Tips to Score high in UGC NET Exam Paper 1
- You should follow a methodical pattern of study to get maximum benefit.
- Prepare a suitable time table and schedule your study accordingly.
- You need to understand the pattern thoroughly. It is important to answer 50 questions you know instead of answering more. If you attempt more than 50 only first 50 will be considered even if the questions after the first 50 have been answered correctly.
- Prepare basic concepts in mass communication for the communication topics.
- You need to prepare each topic because 5 questions will definitely come from each topic.
- You need to prepare the Teaching and Research section in depth because it is little touch as compared to other sections.
- You need to revise basic concepts of 10th
- Data interpretation is usually based on statistics, hence you need to study statistics from the 10th standard book.
- For the comprehension section, you should read new material (not very lengthy) and try to summarize it in some points to practice.
- People and environment also can be prepared from 10th standard book.
- You need to give sufficient time to information and communication technology & higher education system because these are material heavy.
- Study information and communication technology & higher education system from specified books for UGC NET.
- You can also refer to flashcards and charts to prepare for information and communication technology.
- For information and communication technology, you also need to prepare well for definitions, abbreviations, and terminology.
- You can study using flow charts for higher education system governance.
- You should practice previous years question papers as many you can do to get idea about the question pattern.