NEET 2017 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
The national level medical entrance examination test (NEET) will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education for admissions into the undergraduate medical courses offered by the medical colleges in the nation. NEET is scheduled to be held tentatively on May 7 2017. Registrations will be available from Jan 2, 2017. NEET 2017 is the gateway to offer admissions to deserving applicants in MBBS and BDS courses at the best colleges of India. The applicants who are interested in NEET 2017 can apply for the examination before last date of application.
Courses offered through NEET 2017 UG
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
हिंदी में जानकारी के लिए पढ़े– NEET 2017 (हिंदी)
Candidate can appear only for three times for NEET till they have become 25 years old.
NEET 2017 Notification
NEET 2017 Application forms now available from 31st January 2017 to 1st March 2017. Interested candidates may apply for NEET 2017- Click here
NEET 2017 Examination will be conducted in 8 regional languages including: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati and Telugu.
NEET Important Dates
|Opening of Online Application Form||31st January 2017|
|Last date for Submission of Online Application Form||1st March 2017 (till 12:00 midnight)|
|Last date to submit application fee||1st March 2017|
|NEET 017 Admit Card will be available||15th April, 2017|
|Entrance Examination||May 7, 2017|
|Display of OMR Sheet||2nd week of May, 2017|
|Display of Answer Key||4th week of May, 2017|
|Result||8th June, 2017|
|Counselling||3rd week of June, 2017|
|Second Round of Counselling||5th week of June, 2017|
NEAT 2017 Overview
50 Percentile for General Category
NEET 2017 Eligibility Criteria (Read Article)
Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Must be of Indian Nationality.
- The applicant has to be 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the required age on or before December 31, 2017.
- General category applicants have to be maximum 25 years of age as on December 31, 2017 to seek admission under the 15% All India State Quota.
- By a period of 5 years (30 years) the upper age limit of reserved categories is relaxed.
- Candidate should have qualified 10+2 with PCMB and any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course as prescribed by the NCERT.
- Or the candidate should have passed B.Sc Examination of an Indian University with not less than 2 of the following subjects – Chemistry, Biology/Botany/Zoology, Physics and Biotechnology.
- General category candidates will have to secure at least 50% marks in P,C,B together in 10+2 examination while the Reserved category candidates will have to obtain 40% marks minimum.
Domicile: Students from Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana are not eligible for the 15% All India Quota Seats.
For Seats under States/Universities/Institutions/AFMC the eligibility criteria is
- Must be 17 years on or before December 31, 2017.
- Candidate must be Indian.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible for admission depending upon the states.
- According to the different states/universities/institutions.
NEET 2017 Seat Quota Details
|15% All India Quota Seats||Will be filled at All India Level as per the criteria using NEET 2017 Merit List.|
|85% State Quota Seats (Govt. Colleges)||Admission will be done using NEET scores and as per the eligibility criteria of the state by the Directorate of Medical Education of the respective states.|
|Private and Deemed Medical Colleges/Universities||As per the criteria of the state and using NEET scores, admissions will be done by the Directorate of Medical Education of the state.|
|Armed Forces College, BHU and AMU||Seats to be filled using NEET scores and counselling will be held by the institute itself.|
NEET 2017 Application form
The applicants have to apply online from the official website of the authority. The application forms will be available from First week of January 2017. The applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria & instructions carefully before they start application process. Once the application form has filled completely, the applicants have to send the confirmation page along with other necessary documents at this address-
The Assistant Secretary (NEET), Central Board of Secondary Education, Shiksha Kendra 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi- 110092
NEET 2017 Application Form and How to apply– Check here
The applicants have to pay the application fee to complete the application process. The application fee can be paid through online (using debit/ credit card) or offline (using bank challan) mode. The application fees for different categories are as follows-
|Category||Application Fee (without late fee)||Application Fee (with late fee)*|
|General and OBC||Rs. 1400||Rs. 2800 (1400+1400)|
|SC/ST/PH||Rs. 750||Rs. 2150 (750+1400)|
NEET 2017 Participating States
Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Chattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Telangana, Tripura, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Pondicherry, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala,
NEET 2017 Participating Institutes
AFMC, AMU, BHU, IPU, KIIT University, KLEU, Manipal University, Katihar Medical College, APMC, RIMS, BLDE University, Adesh University, Amrita Unviversity, GITAM University, SRM University, Sikkim Manipal University
NEET 2017 Exam Pattern
- The examination will be based on offline mode with duration of 3 hours.
- There will be total 180 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be a penalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- The question paper will be available in English & Hindi both.
The question paper of NEET 2017 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
NEET 2017 Exam Pattern
|Day of Examination||May 7, 2017 (Tentative)|
|Mode of Examination||Offline (Pen and Paper Based)|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||180 Questions|
|Distribution of Questions||
|Language||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Tamil, Marathi, and Telugu.|
NEET 2017 Reservation of Seats
|Category of the Applicant||Percentage of Reservation|
|Scheduled Tribe Category||7.5%|
|Scheduled Caste Category||15%|
|Physically Handicapped Category||3%|
After release of official notice, we will update NEET 2017 schedule on this page or more details you can access official website. Most probably application form will be available from December 2017.
NEET 2017 Syllabus (Read Details)
NEET 2017 syllabus will be laid down authoritatively by the Medical Council of India. Syllabus will be based on standard 11th and 12th subjects. The question paper is divided into 4 sections which include- Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
Admit Card (Read Details)
To appear for NEET 2017, applicants have to download their admit card from the official website. Admit card includes necessarily details such as- name, DOB, signature and photograph of the candidate, father’s name, roll no. examination centre, date of the examination and the category. Candidate need to go through the details which is mentioned in the admit card that whatever information is provided on it is correct or not. If any mistake is there the candidate have to concern to the exam conducting body i.e. CBSE.
NEET 2017 Cut Off
Cut off marks for NEET 2017 will be decided based upon numbers of factors such as number of applicants appear in examination, seat availability in various colleges, complexity of examination etc. NEET Authority will declare cut off marks along with NEET 2017 result. Here you can find NEET cut off from last year examination to get an idea about NEET 2017 cut off Marks.
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Marks Range||No of candidates|
|UR & PH||474-131||40th Percentile||437|
|OBC & PH||510-131||40th Percentile||597|
|SC & PH||415-118||40th Percentile||143|
|ST & PH||339-118||40th Percentile||36|
Minimum Required Percentile for NEET 2017
|Category of Applicants||Minimum Required Percentile|
|General Category||50th Percentile|
|SC/ST/OBC Category||40th Percentile|
|Physically Handicapped||45th Percentile|
NEET 2017 Counselling
- Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will be the conducting committee of the counselling process.
- It will be done online to allot eligible applicants in the 15% All India Quota seats.
- Candidates who have qualified the examination and are present in the merit list will have to register themselves online for counseling.
- Before the final allotment of seats for all applicants mock counseling will also be conducted online to help refine the selection of colleges and courses of the applicants.
- On the ranking of the applicant in the merit list and his/her given preference final allotment of seats will be done based.
- The applicant will have to report at their allotted institute, after being successfully allotted seats, for document verification and payment of fees.
The counselling of the 85% State Quota seats will be done by the counselling committee of the respective states.
- Candidates will be allotted seats according to their ranking in the state merit list.
- the applicants will have to undergo document verification and fee payment after allotment and the mode of counseling will depend on the states.
Previous Year Record
|Details||AIPMT 2014||AIPMT 2015||NEET 2016|
|Number of Applicants Registered||616982||6,32,625||8,02,594|
|Number of Applicants Appeared for the Exam||5,23,701||3, 74, 386||7,31,223|
|Number of Qualified Applicants – Male||258282||1,80,957||3,69,649|
|Number of Qualified Applicants – Female||321322||1, 93, 429||4,32,930|
|Number of Qualified Transgender||–||–||15|
|Number of Applicants Qualified for 15% All India Quota||18115||NA||19,325|
|Total No. of MBBS and BDS Seats and Colleges under 15% All India Quota.||MBBS Seats: 2156 BDS Seats:249||MBBS Seats: 3179
BDS Seats: 250
|3819 MBBS and BDS seats|
Disclaimer– All the information NEET is reference from the public sources such as authentic newspapers, news channels etc. If we found any change in upcoming time, we will update on this page as soon as possible, to get updated keep visiting or you can access NEET official website cbseneet.nic.in or aipmt.nic.in.