AMIE Registration 2022: Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (AMIE) is a national-level examination for a professional certification course. It is mainly intended for Diploma Engineers and engineering graduates for their career advancement. Every year, the Institute of Engineers, India (IEI) conducts this engineering examination. So, the AMIE Registration 2022 is soon going to be conducted by the IEI for 10 engineering disciplines/courses. Since almost 90,000 candidates apply for the entrance exam, therefore read this article carefully to perform well and get admission.
AMIE 2022: Overview
|Examination||Associate Member of Institution of Engineers (AMIE)|
|Conducted by||Institute of Engineers, India (IEI)|
|Frequency||Twice a year|
|Mode||Offline- Pen & Paper-based Test|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Section||Section A & B|
|Topics||Section A- Project Work, Section B- Written Exam|
|Passing scores||100 (in each section)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Medium||English or Hindi|
AMIE Registration 2022: Significant Details
|AMIE 2022 Exam||To be announced|
|Result||To be announced|
|AMIE Registration||Register Here|
The aspirants must fulfill the eligibility criteria specified by the IEI to appear in the AMIE 2022 exam. So, nationality, academic qualification, age limit, reservation, etc. are considered ineligibility. If the candidates do not meet the eligibility conditions, then the application will be rejected by the exam authority. Therefore, the candidates must check the eligibility requirements before applying for the exam.
- Both the Indian nationals as well foreigners are eligible for the AMIE examination 2022.
- Also, the candidates must have qualified 10+2 and Diploma courses for AMIE 2022.
- Further, the aspirants of AMIE 2022 must have passed class XII with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as mandatory subjects.
- Besides this, they must have also scored an aggregate of 45% marks in PCM. Along with this, they must have even cleared the English exam without any grace marks.
- Further on educational background, the candidates must have passed 10th standard followed by the Polytechnic Diploma, Diploma from IETE, IME, ICE, IGNOU, CIPET, and NTTF, etc.
- Lastly, the candidates applying for AMIE 2022 after clearing Diploma in Engineering have a total of 13 subjects to pass (4 in Section A and 9 in Section B).
- However, 19 subjects are there for the 10+2 passed candidates (10 in Section A and 9 in Section B)
AMIE Registration 2022
The aspirants of AMIE 2022 are capable of applying both online and offline. So, the step-by-step guide for both the procedure is given below:
For online application procedure:
- Visit the official website of AMIE 2022, i.e www.ieindia.org.
- Later, click on the Apply Online tab.
- Further, register yourself followed by creating an account.
- Thereafter, fill in the application form providing the details like Name, Email ID, Mobile no., Interest area, and Selecting password.
- Once the form is duly filled in, click on “Submit Request”.
- Thus, a profile will be generated and membership no. is granted to the candidates.
- Once, the profile is generated, the applicant must log in and proceed towards filling the form with relevant details.
- Lastly, pay the application fee via debit/credit card or net banking. Also, take a printout of the confirmation page.
For offline application procedure:
- The applicant can either visit the respective centers to get the form or download it directly from the official website.
- Later, fill the application form feeding all the necessary details.
- Thereafter, the application fee can be paid by Demand Draft. Thus, the DD must be issued in the name of The Institution of Engineers (India)” payable at Kolkata.
- Also, do not forget to mention your ST/T number at the back of the DD.
- Lastly, the DD and Application form must be sent to the following address:
The Secretary & Director-General
The Institution of Engineers (India) 8 Gokhale Road
West Bengal, Kolkata-700020.
AMIE Registration 2022: Exam Fee
|Exam Fee||India & Nepal||Overseas (US) via DD only|
|Section-A (non-Diploma Stream)||INR 3000||$225|
|Section-A (Diploma Stream)||INR 3000||$225|
|Section B||INR 3000||$225|
|Provisional Appearance (Section A/B)||INR 1500||$150|
|Appearance in Additional Subject (per Subject)||INR 500||$30|
Here is a detailed description of the Examination Pattern of AMIE 2022 for all the aspirants to prepare and score well. The paper is divided into two sections, namely, section-A and B. So, read further to better understand the structure of the paper.
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Total Sections||2; Section A and Section B|
Section A: The detailed description of Section A is given below:
- In Section A, topics of Engineering Science, Basic Sciences Communication.
- Once the knowledge regarding these courses is gained, one can move towards the creation of a Project.
- Thereafter, the candidate can move forward to section B.
- The total time provided for completing the project is one year.
- Because the observation and ability of the candidate aid the authority to approve him/her for Section B.
- Lastly, there will a total of 10 papers, out of which seven are considered mandatory.
Once the exam is conducted, the result will be announced online and all the candidates can access it with the following steps:
- Visit the official website of IEI and click on the Academics section.
- It will further redirect you to another page.
- Later, provide the Membership number at the required spaces.
- Finally, the result will be available for download.
- Lastly, do not forget to take a printout of the result.
Also, the IEI will release the AMIE 2022 cut-off on the official website. So, the candidates can easily check it visiting there. While determining the cut-off several factors are considered which include:
- Total no. of candidates who appeared in the exam.
- No. of candidates who have qualified for the exam.
- Difficulty level
- No. of vacancy for the exam
- Previous year trends in AMIE Cut-off
After the results, the AMIE 2022 counseling session is conducted by the IEI and a merit list is also published based on the marks scored in the exam. Thus, the qualifying candidates will be called for counseling as per their ranks. Further, the candidates must possess the following documents to participate in the AMIE 2022 counseling:
- AMIE 2022 admit card
- Original mark sheets of 10th and 12th class for Verification purposes
- Attested photocopies of mark sheets
- 10th and 12th class certificates
- 4 passport size color photographs
For further information on AMIE 2022, the contact details are given below:
8 Gokhale Road, West Bengal, Kolkata-700020