On behalf of APSCHE, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam invites application form for the Andhra Pradesh Research Common Entrance Test. Candidates having PG degree in Science, Arts, Management, Commerce, Law, Pharmacy and Engineering courses and seeking admission into M.Phil/ Ph.D. programs can apply for the Entrance Test. The APRCET 2022 will be conducted for 73 subjects. Based on the test the admission will be given into Ph.D. and M.Phil program for both full time and part-time candidates in 14 universities in the Andhra Pradesh State. Candidates can get all the details related to APRCET 2022 in this given article.
APRCET 2022 Important Dates
|Availability of online application form||1st week of July 2022|
|Last date of application without late fee||1st week of August 2022|
|Last date of application with late fee of 2000||2nd week of August 2022|
|Correction in the Application form||2nd week of August 2022|
|The release of Admit card||3rd week of August 2022|
|Date of examination||4th week of August 2022|
- Candidate for admission to the M.Phill/Ph.D programme shall have a master degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade “B” in the UGC 7 point scale or equivalent grade in point scale or an equivalent degree from foreign educational institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation agency which is approved under a law in its home country or any other statuary authority.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to the BC/SC/ST/PWD and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the University Grant Commission from time to time.
Admission into the part-time category will be made on the basis of service seniority in their respective category:
- Regular Faculty working in the University or the P.G. Centers.
- Faculty working in the postgraduate and professional colleges having completed at least two years of services. This provision is not applicable to the Faculty teaching Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in professional Colleges.
- Faculty/Librarians/Asst. Librarians working in affiliated degree colleges.
- Faculty working in the Polytechnic/Government or private aided Junior college having completed at least four years of services.
- There no age limit for APRCET 2022.
APRCET 2022 Application Process
- The mode of application for the APRCET 2022 is online.
- For the online application, the candidate must visit the official website, http://sche.ap.gov.in/RCTE/.
- Applicants must submit details as per documents.
- The candidate has to pay Rs.1300/- for OC and BC and RS.900/- for SC/ST/PWD as an application fee.
- Bank charges are extra.
- After filling the online application form with the required details, verify all the details carefully and press submit.
- Take a printout of the confirmation page. Future Use the supplication number for future correspondence until the application process is completed.
- Candidates must submit scanned images of signature and photographs.
APRCET 2022 Entrance Test
University shall admit candidates by a two-stage process:
I.e. Entrance test and Interview.
- An Entrance test shall be conducted for the 180 marks. The Entrance test consists of two parts. I.e. Part-A and Part-B. Part A shall be teaching and research aptitude.
- Whereas, Part-B shall be the subject-specific for the 90 marks. There will be 1/6 negative marking for each wrong answer.
APRCET 2022 Qualifying marks
- An Entrance test shall be with qualifying marks as 50% for open category candidates and 45% for BC/ST/SC/PWD categories.
- Qualified candidates will be called for the interview/viva voce by the concerned University department.
- The interview is for 20 marks.
- The admission committee will give ranks/final marks awarded out of 200 after clubbing the marks of entrance exam and Interview.
APRCET 2022 Admit card
- Applicants can download admit card from the official website of the authority.
- Applicants can download admit cards by using application number and Date of birth.
- It is must to carry admit on the day of examination.
- No Candidate will be allowed to enter an examination hall without a valid admit card.
- Admit card will contain personal details of candidates, Roll Number, Date, and Venue of examination.
APRCET 2022 Important Points
- The P.G. degree of all U.G.C. recognized university in India will be treated the same as all universities of Andhra. However, PG degrees obtained through distance mode from universities recognized by the DEC only be considered.
- Allowing any candidate for entrance test does not guarantee any right of admission in Ph.D./M.Phil program.
- The university reserves the right to fill or not to fill the seats announced for any subject /Program without assigning any reasons.
- Part-time candidates have to upload their service certificate in support if their claim.
- There is no age limit.
- Payments made toward the registration fee/Late fee/Processing fee are non-refundable.
- The candidate can select at most two subjects only while submitting the application. For additional subject the application. For the additional subject, the candidate has to pay the additional fee. After submitting the Application form no correction in the subject(s) is allowed.
- All dispute whether regular or consumer court pertaining to APRCET 2022 shall be within the court’s jurisdiction of Visakhapatnam only.
- Admission is subject to availability of seats in a department of Universities. The Tentative number of seats available for each department is given on the website of the concerned university.