AUCET 2023: A Common Entrance Test called AUCET is conducted by Andhra University for admission to PG courses in the streams Arts, Humanities, Law, and Engineering. Andhra University offers many courses and specializations as given in the next section. It is a state-level entrance exam conducted in the offline mode at various test centers situated in Andhra Pradesh. Get more details about AUCET 2023 in the following article.
Courses Offered at Andhra University
|Life Sciences||Mathematical Sciences|
|Physical Sciences||Chemical Sciences|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||Atmospheric Sciences|
|Ocean Sciences||Petroleum Exploration & Production|
|M.A. (Sanskrit, Hindi, Dance, M.F.A, Music, M.P.Ed)|
AUCET 2023: Important Dates
|Availability of application form||2nd week of March 2023|
|Last date to apply||2nd week of April 2023|
|Upload of corrections by the candidates regarding the
|last week of April 2023|
|Availability of admit card||1st week of May 2023|
|Exam date||2nd week of May 2023|
|Announcement of result||2nd week of May 2023|
|Commencement of Admissions||last week of May 2023|
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
Eligibility Criteria (M.Sc.)
- Biotechnology – Should have studied either: B.Sc./B.Sc. (Vocational) with any two of the following subjects: Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Environmental Sciences, Human Genetics, Fisheries, Aquaculture, and Mathematics B.Sc. (Vocational) with Food Science & Quality Control.
- Biochemistry – Candidates should have studied either: B.Sc./B.Sc. (Vocational) Chemistry/ Biochemistry B.Sc. (Vocational) with Food Science & Quality Control.
- Microbiology –Sc./B.Sc. (Vocational) with a combination of any two of the following subjects: Microbiology, Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Human Genetics, Environmental Sciences, Home Science, Dairy Sciences, Fisheries, App. Nutrition, Nutrition & Dietetics, Biotechnology, Medical Lab Technology, Public Health, Nursing, Plant Protection, Agriculture and Horticulture, Forestry, B.Sc. Agriculture, B.Sc. Home Science.
- Zoology – Should have studied either: B.Sc./B.Sc. Vocational Zoology and any other two science subjects.
- Botany – Should have studied either: B.Sc. Botany with any other two science subjects including vocational subjects.
- Human Genetics –Sc. with any three of the following subjects: Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genetics, Human Genetics, Biotechnology, Microbiology, and Medical Lab Tech.
- Agricultural Biotechnology offered in the Department of Botany M.Sc. Horticulture & Landscape Management – Should have studied either: B.Sc./B.Sc. (Vocational) with any two of the following subjects: Botany, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Horticulture, Agriculture, Forestry, Genetics, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Seed Technology, Zoology B.Sc. (Vocational) with Food Science and Quality Control.4 years B.Sc. (Agriculture).
- Foods, Nutrition & Dietetics – Should have studied either:B. Sc. with any life science subject as one of the subjects in Part-II.B.Sc. Home Science B.Sc. (Vocational) Food Science & Quality Control B. Sc. with Nutrition as one of the subjects.
- Marine Biology and Fisheries M.Sc. Coastal Aquaculture & Marine Biotechnology M.Sc. Marine Biotechnology –Sc./B.Sc. Vocational Zoology and any other two science subjectsB.Sc. Fisheries / BFSC.
- Environmental Sciences – The applicants must have studied either:B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Vocational) with Chemistry and any two of the Life Science Subjects as Optional.B.E.M / B.Sc.(Ag) / B.Sc. (Vocational) with Food Science & Quality Control.
- Fishery Science – Candidates must have B.Sc. Zoology and any other two science subjects B.Sc. with Aquaculture, Fisheries and Industrial Fisheries.
- Home Science (2years Self-finance) – The applicants must have passed 10+2+3 with Food and Nutrition / Food Technology Composite/General Home Science at B.Sc. level / B.Sc. with Chemistry and Life Sciences.
- Anthropology –Sc. with any Life Science subject.
- Physics, Space Physics, Nuclear Physics, Tech. Geophysics, Marine Geophysics –Sc. with Physics, Mathematics and any other non-biological science subject.
- Meteorology M.Sc. Physical Oceanography –Sc. with Physics and Mathematics.
- Electronics (Instrumentation) –Sc., with Electronics, Mathematics and any other subject.B.Sc. Mathematics, Physics and any other subject with P.G. Diploma in Electronics, P.G. Diploma in Instrumentation.
- Applied Mathematics –Sc. Mathematics and Physics B.Sc. Mathematics with Physical Sciences in Intermediate or 10+2 level.
- A./M.Sc. Mathematics – The candidates must have B.A/B.Sc. Mathematics.
- Computer Science – Should have passed the intermediate examination of the state of A.P. with Mathematics as a core subject at 10+2 level, and should have either:Three-year B.Sc. degree programme with Mathematics and computer science Three year B.C.A. degree programme recognized by AU.
- Analytical Chemistry Bio-Inorganic Chemistry Environmental Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry Chemistry and Analysis of Foods, Drugs & Water Organic Chemistry Marine Chemistry Nuclear Chemistry –Sc. /B.Sc. (Vocational) with Chemistry/Applied Chemistry as one of the subjects.
- Physical Chemistry – The applicants must have B.Sc. /B.Sc. (Vocational) with Chemistry / Applied Chemistry and Mathematics & Physics as the other two subjects.
- Applied Chemistry – Offered in Department of Engineering Chemistry – AUCE(A) – All the applicants must have passed B.Sc. /B.Sc. Vocational Chemistry / Applied Chemistry / Industrial Chemistry as one of the subjects.
- Geology – For applying to this course, the candidates must have B.Sc. with Geology with any other two subjects.
- Applied Geology – B.Sc. Geology with any two of the following subjects; Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Mineral beatification, and Materials Handling.
- Statistics with Computer Science –Sc./B.A with both Statistics and Mathematics.
AUCET 2023 Application Form
Candidates can fill the application form online on the official website at andhrauniversity.edu.in or auvspdoa.in. Register first and then fill the application form. The candidates need to provide the required details and upload the scanned images of photograph and signature. The application fee is Rs 600 (Rs 500 in case of SC / ST / PH) which can be paid via debit card/credit card / net banking / Andhra Bank.
- The question paper will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ).
- The exam will be conducted offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based Test (PBT).
- The question paper will be in English.
- It will consist of 100 questions in total which comprise of the topic from Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Geology, English, Physical Sciences, and Humanities and Social Sciences etc.
- The duration to complete the examination will be 90 minutes.
- 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer and there is no negative marking.
Eluru, Guntur, Kakinada, Vijaywada, Srikakulam, Rajahmundry, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam
Colleges accepting AUCET Score
- Andhra University, [AU] Vishakhapatnam
- Indian Institute of Management, [IIM] Bangalore
- Dr. Lankapalli Bullayya College, [DLBC] Vishakhapatnam
- Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
AUCET 2023: Important Books
- UGC NET Life Sciences By Ashish Nagesh, Quaisher J.Hossain, Prashant Kumar
- Programmed Statistics By B.L Aggarwal
- Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics By Arihant Experts
- Delhi University MA. Economics Entrance Test Guide By Editorial Board