B.Sc. Forestry is a specialized undergraduate course of a duration of four years which is further divided into 8 semesters. Since the students pursuing B.Sc. forestry studies about the plantation, ecology, and main forestry, so they are considered forestry experts. Also, the main objective of this course is to provide training to the students to carry forward the sustainable management of forest resources.
Various colleges in India offer B.Sc. Forestry program. So, if you are one of the aspirants of B.Sc. Forestry Admission 2023, then this article is for you. Read further to know more about the application process, eligibility criteria, etc.
B.Sc. Forestry: Entrance Exam Schedule
Various national and state-level entrance exams are conducted for admission in the B.Sc. Forestry which every forestry aspirant should know about. Therefore, the tentative registration and examination dates are tabulated below for the entrance exams.
|Entrance Exam||Registration Date (Tentative)||Exam date (Tentative)|
|ICAR Exam||March 2023||June 2023|
|GSAT||March 2023||April 2023|
|JCECE||April 2023||May 2023|
|OUAT||February 2023||April 2023|
B.Sc. Forestry Admission 2023: National Level Exam
The two national-level entrance exams for B.Sc Forestry Admission 2023 are discussed below along with their eligibility criteria.
ICAR stands for Indian Council for Agriculture and Research which conducts the national level All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA). The candidates qualifying for the AIEEA get admission into the Agricultural Universities all over India. Also, national scholarships are provided to the talented students of this field.
- The applicant must have completed class XII or an equivalent examination scoring at least 50% marks. Also, the candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics/Home Science/Agriculture in XII.
- Besides, the candidate must be an Indian national.
- The minimum age of the applicant must be 16 years as of 31 August 2023.
- Moreover, candidates applying for stream-A must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Home Science/Agriculture in Class XII.
- Alternatively, for stream- B, students should have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 10+2.
- Fill in the application form visiting the official website of ICAR and upload the required documents including photos, signature, etc.
- Further, pay the prescribed application fee.
- Also, download the application form for future references.
- Later, download the admit card when released, and reach the allotted examination center on the date of examination.
- Once the exam results are out, the shortlisted candidates will be called for counseling.
- Lastly, the candidates will be eligible to get admission to the colleges which accept ICAR-AIEEA scores.
GITAM conducts GSAT examinations to provide admissions into various UG and PG programs offered in the University. So, the students who qualify for the exam get seats in three campuses, i.e. Hyderabad, Vishakhapatnam, and Bengaluru.
- Only those candidates who have cleared the class XII examination with a minimum of 50% marks are eligible to apply.
- Besides this, the applicants must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in 12th standard.
- The application for the GSAT exam is available both online and offline.
- Once the application process is done, the candidate has to pay the registration fee.
- Thereafter, the registered candidates can download the admit card easily.
- Later, on the specified date of examination, the applicants have to report to the respective exam center.
- Lastly, the result will be announced, and the shortlisted candidates have to appear in the counseling process for the final seat allotment.
B.Sc. Forestry Admission 2023: State level Entrance Exam
The following examinations are conducted at the state level for providing admission to the B.Sc Forestry admission 2023 as given below:
1. Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination
The JCECEB conducts the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE) at the state level. Further, the candidates who clear the JCECE are considered to get admission into the undergraduate or post-graduate programs. It includes Engineering, Medical, Agriculture, etc. Hence, the students who want to get admission into private or Government colleges within Jharkhand must appear in JCECE.
- The applicants must have passed Class XII from ISC or any other recognized board.
- Also, the candidate must be a resident of Jharkhand and possess residence proof.
- However, there is no age limit set for the JCECE
- First off, the candidates can get register themselves for the exam on the official website o JCECEB.
- Thereafter, feed all the required details, upload the documents, and photos for the same.
- Later, submit the application fee.
- Once the registration is done, candidates can download the admit card and take a printed version for future references.
- Lastly, appear for the examination on the specified date at the allotted exam center.
- Afterward, a merit list will be released by the JCECEB containing the names of the shortlisted candidates.
- It is further followed by a counseling round. Then, finally, the candidates are given seats confirming their admission in B.Sc. Forestry.
OUAT stands for Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology Common Entrance Test. It is conducted by the Orissa University in offline mode.
- The applicant must be an Indian National.
- Also, the age of the applicant must be at least 17 years till 31st December 2023.
- Lastly, the candidate must have passed XII with PCM or PCB scoring at least 50% aggregate marks. However, a relaxation of 10% is given to the reserved category students, i.e. they only need 40% in XII.
- So, the OUAT aspirants for B.Sc. Forestry admissions 2023 have to apply online for it and then appear in the examination. Once the examination is over, the shortlisted candidates have to attend the counseling round for final selection.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1. What is the scope of B.Sc Forestry Admissions 2023?
The candidates pursuing B.Sc. Forestry has a broader scope in various fields and job profiles. It includes working as a Biologist, Assistant Manager, Research Analyst, Associate Research Scientist, Farming Manager, etc. Besides these, after completion of B.Sc. Forestry, one can also opt career in Wildlife, National parks, forest nurseries, etc.
Q2. What is the average fee for the B.Sc Forestry course?
B.Sc. forestry has an average fee of about 35000 INR per annum.
Q3. Name some of the top colleges in India offering B.Sc Forestry admissions in 2023?
Some of the best colleges in India offering B.Sc Forestry involve Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya, Himalayan Institute of Technology, Dehradun, Mewar University, Rajasthan, Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, etc.