Punjabi University, Patiala admission is going to start for various UG, PG, and diploma courses. These courses are available under various disciplines, viz. Arts, Engineering, Science, Medical, Law, and Management. However, admission into the Punjabi university is conducted via entrance exam as per the course. So, the aspirants of Punjabi University Admission 2022 can apply for their desired course by visiting the official website. Keep reading further to get all your queries and doubts covered.
Punjabi University Admission 2022: Highlights
|Name of the Institution||Punjabi University, Patiala|
|Courses Available||B.Tech, B.A (Hons), B.Sc., BPT, BHM, MBA Integrated, M.Com (Hons) Integrated, M.Sc. (Hons) Integrated, MA (Hons) Integrated, B.Tech+MBA, MPT, M.LIB, ISC, M.P.ED, M.Pharm, MBA, M.Com, M.Tech, M.Sc., LLM, B.Tech Lateral Entry, M.Phil, Ph.D., Diploma, PG Diploma|
|Entrance Exam||JEE Main (for B.Tech) and NEET exam (for M.Sc.(Hons) in Botany|
|Selection Criteria||Based on eligibility criteria and selection criteria|
Punjabi University B.Tech 2022
Undergraduate courses like BA, B.Sc., B.Tech, and many more are available at Punjabi University, Patiala. Besides this, there are several integrated courses offered in the university which are mostly five and six years long. Thus, candidate’s performance in the qualifying examination and merit scores are evaluated during the admission process. Further, the counseling process or JEE Main scores are also evaluated sometimes. Although, it all starts with sorting the candidates based on their B.Tech eligibility criteria.
Besides this, the Punjabi University offers B.Tech under the following specializations:
Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics & Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
B.Tech Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- The applicant must have passed the 10+2 standard with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English.
- Also, he/she must have acquired a valid rank in the JEE-Main entrance examination.
- Lastly, the selection process depends on the performance of the candidate in JEE Mains 2022 followed by an interview.
Punjabi University B.A (Hons) Admission
B.A (Hons) is an undergraduate course of three years duration. So, the specialization offered for this course in Punjabi University include:
BA (Hons) in Dance, Gurmat Sangeet, Journalism, Mass Communication & Media Technology, BA Hons School in Punjabi, BA Hons School in Hindi (For foreign students), BA Hons School in Urdu (for foreign students), BA Hons Social Sciences.
B.A (Hons) Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- For admission in BA (Hons), the applicant must have passed the 6yg3 10+2 standard from a recognized board/School in India or equivalent.
- Later, the selection criterion is based on the merit scores.
Punjabi University Patiala B.Sc Admission
B.Sc. is an undergraduate course in the field of Science offered as a full-time course in Punjabi University Patiala. Thus, the various specialization offered in the university for B.Sc. include:
B.Sc Hons’ in Mathematics, B.Sc Mathematics, and Computing, B.Sc Computer Science, Statistics & Mathematics.
B.Sc. Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Since it is an undergraduate degree course, the candidate must have passed XII with Mathematics from a recognized School/Board/University in India or equivalent.
- Further, the selection process involves merit scored in the qualifying examination followed by an interview.
Similarly, the BPT course is also offered by the Punjabi University, Patiala based on merit. Also, it requires the candidate to have cleared 10+2 with a 50% score and Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and English as main subjects. And the BPT course is of 4 years duration.
Punjabi University Admission Process
Every Year the admissions in Punjabi University, Patiala opens in the month of June. So, the aspirants of Punjabi University, Patiala Admission 2022 have to apply online. Various regular and full-time courses are offered at the university. However, it also provides an option of distance learning through its Distance Education Department. Further admission criteria for different courses are described below:
- The applicants of B.Tech require a legitimate score in JEE Mains.
- Similarly, the aspirants of the M.Tech program must have scored well in GATE.
- However, for BA, BHM, BA, MA, M.Sc, MCA, the scores of qualifying examination matter.
- Likewise, the university conducts entrance examinations for MSc Hons (Biotechnology/ microorganism & Food Technology/ Botany), LLM, MCom, M.Com (Finance), M.Com (Hons) Integrated Course, BSc (Mathematics/ Computing), and BSc (Hons) in arithmetic, MSc (Mathematics/Applied arithmetic & Computing), MBA, MEd, MPhil and Doctor of Philosophy.
- Also, the NEET scores are considered for admission in M.Sc. Hons in Biological Sciences. However, if the seat square measure is left vacant considering the NEET scores, then these vacancies are filled through the idea of benefit scores at XII standard.
- Lastly, for Ph.D. candidates, after considering the UGC web/ UGC CSIR NET (JRF)/SLET (Punjab State)/ GATE/ GPAT qualifying scores, the applicants are exempted from university conducted examination.
Punjabi University Application Process
The step-by-step guide for Punjabi University Patiala are described below:
- Visit the official website of Punjabi University, Patiala, and register by filling the registration form online.
- So, it is done only by selecting the preferred course category offered in Punjabi University, Patiala
- Further, fill in all the details like Name, Father’s Name, DOB, Mobile no. Email address, etc.
- Thereafter, the application fee is deposited online via Debit/credit card/net banking.
- Besides this, the application fee can be submitted in the form of a Pay-in-Slip of the SBI or Punjabi University Cashier Receipt (only at Patiala Campus).
- Once the application fee is submitted, the university provides a user ID and password to the candidates.
- Later, the application form can be accessed by the registered candidates using the generated user ID and password.
- Once the application form is submitted, the applicants can print the application form.
List of required documents during the interview:
- Date of certification
- Degree and mark sheet of all exams
- Character certificate (from the institute last attended)
- Gap certificate (if any)
- Necessary certificate from the leader (for candidates with work expertise only)
- Residence/ domicile certificate
- Certificate for reserved class (latest and signed by the competent supply authority)
Course-wise Application Fee in Punjabi University, Patiala
The fee structure of various courses offered in Punjabi University is described below:
- The courses in which no entrance exam is conducted costs INR 1000 for general category candidates. However, the SC/ST category candidates have to pay INR 700 only.
- Similarly, the various discipline under M.Sc (Hons), M.Tech, LLM, M.Com & M.Com (Finance), M.Com (Hons), B.Sc (Mathematics & Computing) and B.Sc Hons in Mathematics, M.Sc Mathematics & M.Sc (Applied Mathematics & Computing) costs INR 1700 for general category. But, for the SC/ST, it costs INR 1400 only.
- MBA aspirants have to pay INR 5000 for the Entrance test and application processing fee.
- Further, the general category candidates applying for M.Ed, M.Phil/Ph.D. pay INR 2000 as the application fee. Here also, after relaxation of INR 600, SC/ST candidates have to pay only INR 1400.
- The application fee for B.Tech (CSE, ECE, ECM, ME, Civil) is INR 2000 and INR 1400 for the general and SC/ST category respectively.
Later, the candidates have to attend an online counseling round on the official website for the allocation of seats and document verification.