BARC 2024: Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Registration form for OCES (Orientation Course for Engineering Graduates and Science Postgraduates and DGFS (DAE Graduate Fellowship Scheme) will be available in the month of January 2024. Candidates who are interested and are eligible for the exam can go to the website and fill out the registration form before the last date.
BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Centre) is a government organization that organizes the recruitment process for the candidates interested and eligible for Nuclear Science and Technology. Every year BARC conducts a recruitment exam, right after the GATE exam to recruit candidates for Trainee Scientific Officers. Candidates who have qualified GATE Exam do not have to go through the examination process as they are directly eligible for the further Interview process.
A large number of candidates apply for BARC Examinations every year and only candidates who score the minimum cutoff are qualified for the further interview process which includes Personal Interview Round. The candidates who qualify who clear both the rounds with the desired cutoff are selected for the position of Trainee Scientific Officer. The final results will be declared on the official website of BARC.
After the selection, the candidates will receive one-year training, only after which they will be employed for the government post. The one-year training will take place at BARC training schools only.
BARC 2024 Important Details
|Name of the Exam
|Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Exam
|Mode of Exam
|Date of Registration
|From January 2024
|To be released
|Admit Card Release Date
|To be Released soon
|Hindi and English
|Duration of the Exam
BARC exam has certain criteria which the candidates need to pass to appear for the exam and these criteria are divided into different categories which are discussed below:
- SC candidates should have specialization in Physics/ chemistry/ biology/ geology to appear in the exam
- GATE students should have a degree in the same field in Bachelors as in GATE.
- Bachelor students must have scored a minimum of 60% in their respective field
- Engineering students with 5 years integrated degree can also register for the exam
- Final-year students are also eligible for the exam.
- For the candidates belonging to the general category, the maximum age to apply for the exam is 26 years
- Candidates belonging to OBC can apply for the exam up to 29 years
- For candidates belonging to SC/ST and with Kashmir Domicile, the maximum age is 31 years
- Candidates who belong to the victims of the 1984 riots have also been given exemption up to 31 years
- Candidates who are physically challenged are given a relaxation of 10 years.
How to Register for BARC 2024: Step by Step Process
- Go to the official website of BARC barconlineexam.in
- Click on the “Apply Online” tab
- Carefully fill in the necessary details after which an OTP will be generated through which the candidates can activate their accounts
- Login into the account through login details
- Upload your passport size photo and scanned copy of your signature
- Pay the registration fee through debit card, credit card, or UPI and submit the form
- Take out the printouts of the form for further use.
The application fee for the male candidates belonging to the general category is INR 500, however, there is no registration fee charged for female students and students belonging to SC/ST and OBC categories. Physically challenged candidates are also exempted from the registration fee.
BARC 2024 Admit Card: Step by Step Process
After successfully filling out the application form for BARC 2024 the students need to download the admit card before appearing for the exam which will soon be released on the official website of BARC. The process for the same is given below:
- Go to the official website of BARC www.barconlinexam.in
- Click on Admit card link and fill in your login Id and password
- Your admit card will flash on the screen, kindly download it
- Keep the soft copy of the admit card for future use.
BARC 2024 Exam Pattern
The BARC exam 2024 will be conducted online and every year a large number of candidates appear for this exam which makes this exam one of the toughest government recruitment exams. The candidates need to score the cut-off marks for further consideration.
The BARC 2024 exam contains 100 MCQ questions containing 3 marks each. There is also negative marking. For every wrong answer, 1mark will be reduced from the total marks obtained.
The candidates who will clear the exam will appear for the personal interview for which they need to book the slot online through the BARC exam website and together the marks of the exam and personal interview will decide the students who will be selected for the position. After completing the recruitment process, the candidates also need to appear for a medical test.
BARC Exam Result: How to check
Based on the performance on the exam and personal interview the candidates are selected for the position. The results are also released on the website of BARC. Candidates who appeared for the exam can check the result through the website by logging into their accounts. Step by step process is also given below:
- Go to the official website of BARC www.barconlineexam.in
- Click on the BARC exam result option
- Enter your login Id, password, and roll number to check the result
- Your result will flash on your screen. You can download it
Candidates who will be selected for the position will get a salary from INR 56,100 to 67,700/- per month with benefits like house rent allowance, transport allowance, dearness allowance, children’s education allowance, and many more every month.
So the candidates appearing for this exam should work hard and focus on their studies to score the best possible marks, so they can clear the cut-off marks and can serve the government by being a part of the Country’s Nuclear Science and Technology.
For more details go to the website of BARC www.barc.gov.in to know more about BARC and its employment opportunities.