Bishop Cotton Boys School in Bangalore was founded in 1865 and is affiliated with the ICSE and ISC boards of education. The campus is situated on Bangalore’s Residency Road. The institution has been re-organized as one of Bangalore’s best schools. Bishop Cotton Boy’s School has been giving advanced education to children for almost a century and is still working great. It is a private, all-boys school that is connected with CISCE and offers ICSE and ISC curriculum to its pupils. It is one of the finest locations to study, with a campus that spans 13 acres and state-of-the-art amenities. Students of Bishop Cotton Boys School is a wonderful blend of comprehensive education, characterization, co-curricular activities, and athletics, all wrapped up in a cloak of decorum and reverence for the Almighty.
Bishop Cotton Boys’ School was founded on Bishop George Lynch Cotton of Calcutta’s idea. He planned to establish schools for low-income European and Eurasian youngsters. On the 19th of April, 1865, Bishop Cotton School officially opened in a modest home on High Grounds, with Mr. G. Reynolds as its first Headmaster.
- Bishop Cotton Boys’ School has made its imprint on all areas of education, combining a strong tradition with continuous development.
- Bishop Cotton Boys’ School has earned the title of “Eton of the East” after holding the line for 153 years as Bangalore’s renowned school, one of India’s three top-ranked schools, and the No. 1 among all metropolitan schools in India, with children who have progressed on to excel in various fields all over the globe.
Eligibility for Admission to Bishop Cotton Boys School
Admission in Bishop Cotton Boys School
Those interested in sending their children to Bishop Cotton Boy’s School may apply online application. Because the institution is one of India’s best, a significant number of candidates for enrollment are obtained. As a result, proposals must be sent as soon as feasible. The registration form will be accessible on the institution’s official website. The admission procedure for admission in Bishop Cotton Boys School is as follows:
- Registration forms will be publicly available starting on the stated date and will be available for a limited time only. The school office will not be issuing forms.
- The candidate will be notified of your chosen date through email. At least one caregiver must be available on the digital channel at the moment of the decision to be informed promptly.
- If the parent/representative is not available on the designated channel at the time of the decision, the kid forfeits the spot.
- Once the children’s seat has been verified via selection, a list containing the child’s name will be posted on the institution’s bulletin board or webpage.
- Just after the decision and authentication procedure, the fee must be submitted within three days after receiving the email.
- Parents from other CSI dioceses must submit with a certificate of church membership. Such applicants would be offered a position without any CSI KCD fee reduction.
- Seats will be assigned by a random drawing. The date of the draw will be communicated through email.
- Age criterion: as of June 1, 2021, the minimum age is 3 years and 10 months and the maximum age is 4 years and 10 months.
Important documents required for Admission
- Xerox or Scanned copy of Birth Certificate issued with child’s name or for other states an equivalent statutory authority.
- A copy of the Baptism Certificate of the child (if CSI member).
- A copy of the Church Membership Certificate (if Christian other than CSI).
- Xerox or Scanned copy of Caste Certificate (in case of SC / ST) issued by Tehsildar.
- Scanned or original Passport photo of the child.
- Scanned or Xerox copy of Parents Address proof.
- Xerox or Scanned copy of Self-attested certificate of parent’s highest educational qualification.
- Alumni applying for their ward’s under the Alumni category should upload a 10th Standard marks card.
Subjects and Syllabus
Bishop Cottons provides such a comprehensive education that students have the bravery to speak out against unfairness and the wisdom to recognize what is right and wrong, enabling them to act rather than simply ponder.
|ICSE (I – X)||English Language Paper I|
|English Literature Paper-II|
|History &Civics Paper 1|
|Economics (Group II Elective)|
|Physics – Science Paper I|
|Chemistry – Science Paper-II|
|Biology – Science Paper III|
|Commercial Studies (Group II Elective)|
|Group III Elective
|Modern Foreign Languages
|ISC ( XI-XII)
|Electives(Optional – Anyone)
Facilities and Co-Curriculum Activities at Bishop Cotton Boys School
Bishop Cotton Boy’s School provides many of the amenities that parents seek in an excellent institute. The whole progress of the person is the aim of learning, and we as educators must guarantee that no rock is left intact in preparing today’s children for life’s difficulties. The numerous co-curricular, extra-curricular, and cultural activities offer the ideal environment for pupils to grow as individuals. This element has been well-emphasized at this establishment, as shown by the many prizes that pupils have received in inter-school contests. Take a look at some of the school’s amenities below:
- A well-designed school architecture with a church at the school
- Hostel services are also available for outstation students.
- Hockey, basketball, Taekwondo, athletics, and other sports are all available at the Sports Complex.
- The biology, computer science, physics, and chemistry labs of the Elphick Research Facility
- Theatre in Greece
- Digital room for Training
- Various societies and clubs
- Medical services
- Indoor and outdoor games are available.
- A significant number of books, instructive periodicals, journals, and other materials have been added to the library.
Official Website: https://cottonboys.com/