CAT 2022 Application Form: CAT is termed as Common Admission Test is one of the famous competitive examinations in India administrated by the IIMs (Indian Institutes of Management) on a rotation basis. It is a national level examination and a management aptitude test organized for providing admission to students in postgraduate management programs. It is mandatory to qualify the CAT exam, for admission into IIMs. Various reputed colleges other than IIMs also consider the CAT score for offering admission.
CAT 2022 Important Dates
|Releasing of Advertisement||last week of July 2022|
|Starting of Online Registration||1st week of August 2022|
|Registration Last date||2nd week of September 2022|
|Releasing of Admit card||from 2nd week of October 2022|
|CAT 2022 Exam date||last week of November 2022|
|Announcement of result||2nd week of January 2022|
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized college or university and must have secured minimum 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC, ST and PWD candidates).
- Candidates who have completed the degree requirements and waiting for the result or who are appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- CA/CS/ICWA professional degree holders are also eligible to apply.
CAT 2022 Registration Process
The applicants will have to log in to the official website of CAT to start the registration process. The application forms will be available most probably in the month of August 2022. The applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria thoroughly before they start the application process.
The applicants also have to pay Rs. 1600/- as application fee for general applicants (Rs. 800/- for SC/ST). The application fee can be paid through net banking, credit card (Visa/Master/American Express)/ Debit card (Visa/Master). The applicants also have to pay a transaction fee separately along with the application fee.
- The fee payment can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
- The application fee will be Rs.850/- for SC/ST /PWD candidates.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1700/- for General / NC-OBC candidates.
- The additional charges have been mentioned below:
|Payment Mode||Transaction Processing Fees|
|Credit Card (Amex/Diners Club)||2.85% of the value of the transaction.|
|Credit Card (Visa/Master)||1.20% of the value of the transaction.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||1.00% of the value of the transaction for the amount more than Rs.2000.00.|
|Debit Card (Visa/Master/Rupay)||0.75% of the value of the transaction for the amount up to Rs.2000.00.|
|Cash Card & Wallet||1.75% of the value of the transaction.|
|Net Banking||Rs.20.00 per transaction.|
- Exam Mode: This exam will be organized as Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Type of Question: The questions will be multiple choice type and subjective type.
- Exam Duration: 60 minutes duration has been allotted to complete each section. The total exam duration will be 180 minutes.
- of Question: The question paper will comprise of total 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be awarded for each correct answer and one mark will be deducted for a wrong answer and for questions other than MCQs no marks will be deducted.
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
CAT 2022 Admit Card
- The Admit Card will be provided to students through online mode.
- Only those candidates who have successfully submitted their online application form will be able to get the admit card.
- The admit card will contain details like Name of the candidate, Test date, User ID / Registration Number, PWD status, etc.
- Candidates can download the CAT hall ticket by entering their User ID and Password.
- It is mandatory to bring the admit card at the examination center on the day of the examination.
CAT 2022 Result
- Candidates can view their score through the login window on the official website.
- Candidates can check the CAT 2022 Result in the second week of January 2019.
- The authority may also intimate about the result to candidates individually.
- CAT score card will be made available via online mode through the website.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the result for further use.
CAT 2022 Cut Off
- Students will get admission in various IIMs on the basis of cut-off.
- CAT cut-off will be released after the declaration of result.
- CAT Cut-off will depend upon the various terms like the number of students, seat availability, exam difficulty, etc.
- The cut-off will be published separately for various categories like NC-OBC, ST, ST, and DA/PWD.
CAT 2022 Selection Procedure
The applicants will be shortlisted on the basis of CAT 2022 cut off marks, IIMs and numerous b-schools. The shortlisted applicants will be called for personal interview (PI), group discussions (GD) and written ability test (WAT).
The admissions will be provided on the basis of the overall performance of the applicants in CAT 2022, DG, PI & WAT. The applicants’ academic records and work experience (if any) will also be considered to provide admissions.
CAT 2022 Counselling
- CAT counselling 2022 will be started after the result announcement.
- Admission will be done as per the cut-off released by the IIMs.
- Each IIM consider their own procedures & eligibility for providing admissions.
- For admission, candidates have to go through various rounds like Group Discussion (GD), Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT).
- Admission will be done as per the candidate’s performance in the CAT exam & Interview organized by IIMs.
CAT 2022 Syllabus
- Candidates may attempt the mock test to understand the syllabus and exam pattern.
- Questions will be asked from the above-mentioned topics.
- There is not any such fixed syllabus for CAT examination.
- To score better in the examination, students are advised to consider the whole syllabus for exam preparations.
- The syllabus comprises of four sections, i.e. Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability or Mathematics.
Important books to prepare for CAT 2022
For Quantitative Ability (QA):
- Arun Sharma – The Complete CAT Digest, by Tata McGraw-Hill.
- Arun Sharma – How to prepare for Quantitative Ability for CAT, published by Tata McGraw Hill.
- How to Prepare for the CAT Common Admissions Test by Muhamed Muneer, published by Om Books.
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT and Other MBA Entrance Exams by Trishna Knowledge Systems (Pearson).
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha (Tata McGraw-Hill).
For Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC):
- How to Prepare for the Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay (Tata McGraw-Hill).
- Nishit Sinha – The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning (Pearson).
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.
- Barron Pocket Guide to Vocabulary.
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR):
- Trishna’s Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT and Other MBA Examinations by TIME Publisher (Pearson).
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning for CAT (Tata McGraw-Hill) by Arun Sharma.
1 thought on “CAT 2022 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern”
Get ADMISSION FOR MBA,PGDM IN TOP B SCHOOL through management quota in MUMBAI,BANGLORE,DELHI,PUNE,CHENNAI CITY.
For details contact seven six two zero six five one four two zero.