CAT Admission Procedure 2019: Important Dates and Procedure
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
For admission to MBA/ PGDM in IIMs and top business schools of India a national level online test conducted known as Common Admission Test (CAT Admission Procedure 2019) is conducted by Indian Institute of Management annually on a rotational basis. Candidates are advised to read the official advertisement from the official website before filling the form. To get all the important information about CAT Admission Procedure 2019 like, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Admit and Result etc read the article below carefully.
CAT Admission Procedure 2019
Written Ability Test:
- Candidates are given one or more topics on which they are required to write a brief essay.
- The time duration will be 15 minutes to 45 minutes.
- It is the second stage in which 8-10 candidates are given a topic to discuss.
- This round is held to access the group dynamics of them.
- This is the final round of selection in which a candidate has to present himself before a panel of 4-8 interviewers.
- To test the academic background, work experience, hobbies, interests etc. of the candidates, this round is set.
- The results will be declared Online on the official website.
- Result will be declared tentatively in January 2020.
- Candidates should take a printout of their Results for further use.
- Cut Off is the factor which will decide whether a candidate is qualified in the examination or not.
- The cut off marks depend upon a number of factors like a number of students, seat availability, exam difficulty, etc.
- For various categories like ST/NC-OBC and DA/PWD, the Cut-off marks will be published separately.
Cut off trend for different CAT Institutes
|SJMSOM, IIT Bombay||99+ Percentile|
|FMS, DU (Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi)||98.20 Percentile|
|DMS, IIT Delhi||98+ Percentile|
|Department of Management Studies, IIT Madras||95+ Percentile|
|Management Development Institute (MDI) Gurgaon||95+ Percentile|
|National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) Mumbai||95+ Percentile|
|UBS Chandigarh||93+ Percentile|
|Institute of Management Technology (IMT) Ghaziabad||90+ Percentile|
|Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) Chennai||90+ Percentile|
|Xavier Institute of Management Bhubaneswar (XIMB)||90+ Percentile|
|T A Pai Management Institute (TAPMI) Manipal||85+ Percentile|
|Name of IIM||MBA specialization offered|
|Ahmadabad||PGP, PGP-ABM , FPM|
|Bangalore||PGP, PGPEM, PGPPM, FPM|
|Calcutta||PGP-PGDM ,PGP PGDCM ,FPM|
|Indore||PGP, EPGP, FPM|
|Lucknow||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGPSM , FPM|
|Raipur||PGP, PGPWE , FPM|
|Ranchi||PGDM, PGDHRM , FPM|
|Shilling||PGP, PGPEX , FPM|
|Trichy||PGP, PGPBM, PGPHRM|
|Sambalpur||PGP, EPGP, FPM|
|Sirmaur||PGP, PGP-ABM, PGPSM, FPM|
|Kozhikode||Executive Post Graduate Programme – Kochi PGP,EPGP .FPM, Campus, MDP,FDP|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27% seats|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15% seats|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5% seats|
|Physically Handicapped /PwD||3% seats|