CAT Application Form 2019: Eligibility, Dates & How to Apply
CAT Application Form 2019 will be released in the month of August 2019. For admission to MBA/ PGDM in IIMs and top business schools of India, Indian Institute of Management releases CAT Application Form 2019. CAT is a national level online test conducted by annually on a rotational basis. Candidates can get detailed information about CAT Application Form 2019 in the article below with steps to fill the application form.
CAT Application Form 2019: Important Dates
|Online registration will start from||August 2019|
|Last date for online registration||September 2019|
|Admit Card will release in||October 2019|
|Date of examination||November 2019|
|Announcement of Results||January 2020|
CAT Application Form 2019 Details
The application form will start to be released from the month of August 2019. The application form includes various steps you need to go through. The online application can be filled through the official website of CAT at https://iimcat.ac.in/. Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully. The application form will be completed once you have made the payment. The online application form will be issued from the website.
Steps to fill CAT Application Form 2019
- The applicants may access the form officially via online.
- Get yourself registered when the application form will be released.
- Go to the web page of CAT where you will be instructed to application link.
- Through the link, you are required to provide the information with regard to admission for registration such as date of birth, contact no and address.
- You will get the registration no and password.
- Then fix the passport size photo and signature to the form.
- Provide other remaining details such as parent’s name, study certificate, category and gender.
- Now search submit button and click on it.
- It is necessary to submit the application fee to complete the application form.
- As the receipt of the application form the application procedure is taking the hard copy of form after downloading it.
- The payment of application fee can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
- The Application fee is Rs. 1700/- for General / NC-OBC candidates.
- The Application fee is Rs.850/- for SC/ST /PWD candidates.
- The additional charges (Transaction Processing Fees) will be applicable.
- Exam Mode: Online(CBT)
- Type of Question: Multiple choices and Subjective
- No. of Question: 100 questions
- Exam Duration: 180 minutes
- Marking Scheme: 3 Marks per correct answer and 1 mark Deduction(MCQ only)
|Section||No. of Question||Duration||Total Marks|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||60 Min||102|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||60 Min||96|
|Quantitative Ability||34||60 Min||102|
- Candidate should be the citizen of India.
- There is no upper / lower age limit for the candidates appearing in CAT-2019.
- Candidate should have hold of bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized university
- Candidate should have obtained minimum 50% marks in the qualifying degree (relaxation of 5% marks for reserved category candidates).
- Candidate should have of a graduation and HSC degree in any stream from a recognized University/Institute.
- Candidates whose result is awaited are eligible for CAT-2019 with a condition to submit the final result card of their qualifying degree before CAT Selection Process.
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27% seats|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15% seats|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5% seats|
|Physically Handicapped /PwD||3% seats|
CAT Application Form 2019: Important Points
- You have to fill the aggregate percentage up to the last marks statement received from the University.
- If you attempt the exam more than once slot then, it will be deemed as a fraudulent activity.
- Correction will not be allowed in some of the fields.
- You can edit other details in the month of September 2019.
- You can appear in the examination on the test center printed on the admit card.
- There will be no defined syllabus for CAT exam.
- The fee can be deposited through credit cards, debit cards & net banking.