CESS Hyderabad Ph.D Admission 2022: Established in 1980, the Center for Economic and Social Studies (CESS) is an Indian autonomous research institute responsible for research in Economics and Social Sciences. This institute offers M.Phil. and Ph.D. Programmes in Development Studies in collaboration with Telangana University, Nizamabad. The courses will be provided in the specific areas of Development Statistics, Political Science & Public Administration, Economics, Commerce, Sociology, and Geography. The applications will be available for candidates below 35 years of age for admission into Ph.D. Program Development Studies for the academic year 2022-21. For more details about CESS Hyderabad Ph.D. Admission 2022, candidates can read the following article.
CESS Hyderabad Ph.D Admission 2022 Updates
Center for Economic and Social Studies Ph.D. application process starts from the 2nd week of August (Tentatively).
Check here: Ph.D. Admission Notification 2022
Area of Specialization
|Social Work||Development Statistics (With Specialization in Econometrics)|
|Anthropology||Commerce & Business Management (Related to Research Areas of CESS)|
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
Total No. of seats
- 15 Seats
- Statutory reservations will be followed as per the Government of Telangana norms.
CESS Hyderabad Ph.D. Admission 2022: Important Dates
|Last date of Application submission||2nd week of August 2022|
|Entrance test on||4th week of August 2022|
|Interview Date||4th week of August 2022|
|Announcement of selection||1st week of September 2022|
|Payment of fee ends on||2nd week of September 2022|
|Joining date||3rd week of September 2022|
- Post-Graduate Degree with at least 55 percent marks or its equivalent Grade in the concerned subject from any recognized university. or
- An MPhil degree in the subject concerned from any recognized university. or
- The qualified candidates in UGC-NET, for JRF, SLET or
- Candidates in UGC – FDP (Faculty Development Programme) and Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship holders.
- The percentage criteria will be 50 % marks for SC/ST/ Differently-Abled categories.
- The Application form and information brochure of CESS Hyderabad Ph.D. Admission 2022 can be downloaded from the CESS website www.cess.ac.in.
- All updates relating to the admission process will be available on the website www.cess.ac.in
- It can also be obtained by writing to research CESS Hyderabad Ph.D. Admission cess.ac.in or by hand.
- Candidates are required to send the duly filled application form along with self-attested copies to the official address on or before the last date.
- The Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- The Application fee of CESS Hyderabad Ph.D. Admission 2022 will be Rs.1000/-.
- Candidates note that the application fee is non-refundable.
- The fee can be paid as a DD from any nationalized bank.
- The demand draft will only be drawn in favor of “Director CESS”.
- Candidates can also pay the fee at CESS at the time of submission of the application.
- The admissions are based on an Entrance Test and Interview for eligible candidates.
- The selection of candidates will be based on an entrance test (70% weightage) followed by an interview (30% weightage).
- An entrance test will be conducted for admission to the Ph.D. Program.
- The qualified candidates in the entrance examination shall be called for an interview.
- The interview will be conducted by the Centre.
- The medium of examination for the Entrance Test shall be English only.
- The Entrance Test will be conducted at CESS.
- The interviews for short-listed candidates will also be conducted at CESS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be called for Interview.
- The overall performance in the Entrance Test and the Interview will decide the final selection of the candidates.
- The candidates are required to attend the Entrance Test and the interview at their own cost.
|Registration Fee||Rs. 5000/-||One time|
|Re-Registration Fee||Rs. 5000/-||One time|
|Admission Fee||Rs. 5,000/-||One time|
|Tuition Fees||Rs. 25,000/-||Per Annum|
|Course Work Examination Fee||Rs. 500/-||Per Paper|
|Thesis Adjudication Fee||Rs. 10000/-||–|
Check here official website: http://www.cess.ac.in/