CFTRI Mysore Ph.D Admission 2023: Established in the year 1950, Central Food Technologies Research Institute (CFTRI), Mysore is a research-focused institute. The institute offers courses like M.Sc, Integrated M.Sc, Ph.D. program, and Flour Milling Technology. The main focus areas of the institutes are engineering science, technology development, translational research, and food protection and safety. Ph.D. in 2 types, Science and Engineering. Ph.D. in Science is offered by the institute in 8 specializations. Master’s degree in Science/Engineering or Technology can apply for Ph.D. in Engineering and the B.Tech/B.E/ M.Tech candidates can apply for Direct Ph.D. in Engineering. Get more details about CFTRI Mysore Ph.D Admission 2023 in the following article.
Total No. Of seats
- 30 +2 (Industry Sponsored, subjected to availability of suitable candidates)
- The course will be for four semesters.
- Per Semester fee will be Rs.25,000/- (Rupees twenty-five thousand only).
- The per semester fee will be Rs.50,000/- (Rupees fifty thousand only) for Defence Personnel and Industry Sponsored candidates, the course fee.
Specialization provided through CFTRI Mysore Ph.D Admission 2023
- Ph.D. in Science: Biochemistry, Bioscience, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Food Science, Food Technology, Molecular Biology, Food science and nutrition
- Ph.D. in Engineering: Engineering Science
- Direct Ph.D. in Engineering: Engineering Science
CFTRI Mysore Ph.D Admission 2023: Important Dates
|Start of Online Application||1st week of May 2023|
|Closure of Online Application||4th week of May 2023|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of the application||2nd week of June 2023|
|Entrance Examination||2nd week of July 2023|
|Last date for receipt of Final Year Marks Card||3rd week of July 2023|
|Announcement of Result||4th week of July 2023|
|Admission for the next batch||2nd week of August 2023|
|Commencement of 1st Year classes||3rd week of August 2023|
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
For Ph.D. in Engineering
- A valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or valid CSIR-SRF or equivalent fellowship is required.
- Passed in a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology must also hold a valid GATE score.
Ph.D. in Science
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine or BS or Master’s degree
- Final year appearing candidates can also apply for the Ph.D. courses.
- A valid national level fellowship JRF/SRF of various funding agencies, e.g. CSIR, UGC, DBT, DST, etc.), or other equivalent fellowships.
For direct Ph.D. in Engineering, the combination of eligibility criteria should be as below
- Candidates must have Passed in B. E/B. Tech + GATE / NET (Engg.) or
- Passed B. E/B. Tech or M. Sc + National level fellowship/ranked first in the university
- E/B. Tech + 2-year work experience as PA/SCIR SRF/industrial candidates
CFTRI Mysore Ph.D Admission 2023 Application Form
Ph.D. under University of Mysore (Online Application Process)
Visit the institute’s official website and search for information for the vacancy. The candidates can submit the application form through the prospective guide, on agreement with the scientist. A candidate can join as Research Fellow, on approval by the Director.
Ph.D. under AcSIR and Integrated M.Sc and Ph.D. (Online Application Process)
The application form has to be filled online followed by online submission. Visit the official website and click on the “Admission” tab. Go to the “online admission portal” and register. Fill the application form and submit with the required application fee.
- An Application Fee of Rs. 944/- (inclusive of GST CFTRI Mysore Ph.D. Admission 2023 18%) is to be paid to complete the application form.
- For SC/ST/PWD candidates, the application fee will be Rs. 472/- (inclusive of GST CFTRI Mysore Ph.D. Admission 2023 18%).
- The application fee will be non-refundable.
- The merit list will be made based on the Entrance Test (60% weightage) and Degree marks (40% weightage).
- The selection process will comprise of a written test followed by an interview for Industry sponsored candidates.
- Along with the performance in the test, candidates should also have a valid national-level fellowship.
Visit the official website of CFTRI