CSIR NET 2024: National Testing Agency organizes CSIR NET, on behalf of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, to determine the eligibility for Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship. The Council conducts the exam twice a year – June and December. The test will be held in the subjects – Chemical Sciences, Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi invited applications for the Single MCQ Examination (Joint CSIR – UGC Test) for the Award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) NET and appointment for Lecturer (NET). The eligible candidates can apply Online for the examination through the official website.
CSIR NET 2024 Important Dates
|Date of commencement of application form||2nd week of March 2024|
|Online application ends on||2nd week of April 2024|
|E-admit card will be issued on||3rd week of May 2024|
|Exam Date||3rd week of June 2024|
|Announcement of results||1st week of July 2024|
Nationality & Age Limit
- Candidates must be Indian National.
- For JRF, the upper age limit prescribed should be 28 years.
- Candidates belonging to different categories, relaxation will be provided to them.
- For Lectureship, there is no upper age limit.
- Candidates who have completed the four-year BS program or hold a BE/B. Tech/B. Pharma/Integrated BS-MS/MBBS/BSc (Hons)/M.Sc. or equivalent degree or students enrolled in the Integrated MS-PhD program or Equivalent degree/B.Sc (Hons) can apply.
- The qualifying exam should be completed with at least 55% marks for General & OBC-NCL candidates are eligible to apply (50% for SC/ST candidates, Physically and Visually handicapped candidates).
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc. or have just completed 10+2+3 years of any of the above qualifying examinations are also eligible under the Result Awaited (RA) category.
- However, such candidates will have to complete the qualifying degree with the requisite percentage of marks within the period of two years, In order to avail of the fellowship.
- To avail of the CSIR fellowship only, candidates holding a Bachelor’s degree, in Science, Engineering or any other discipline will be eligible after he/she has got himself/herself enrolled for a Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. program within the given validity of 2 years.
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
Candidates will have to deposit the examination fee at any branch of the Indian Bank all over the country. The amount of fee is:
|For General Category candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|For OBC-NCL category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|For SC/ST/ Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH ) candidates||Rs. 250/-|
- The Test will be held in a total of five subjects viz., Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Earth, Physical Sciences Chemical Sciences, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences.
- It will consist of a single MCQ paper comprising of 200 marks.
- The duration of the exam would be 3 hours.
- Negative Marking: There will be a deduction of the marks for wrong answers as per the subject-wise scheme of the exam. The benefit of marks will be given to only those candidates who attempt the question in the case, any question found to be wrong at a later stage then.
|Section||Subjects||Number of Questions|
|A||General Aptitude, Graphical Analysis, Logical Reasoning, Numeric Ability, etc.||200|
|B||Mathematics and Engineering Aptitude|
|C||Application of the scientific concepts, Engineering Sciences|
Subject Under CSIR NET
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean, and Planetary Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences.
- Mathematical Sciences
The question paper will be divided into three Parts- A, B, and C as described below:
- Part A – The first part will be common to all the subjects and will include questions pertaining to logical reasoning, graphical analysis, General Aptitude, Numerical ability, etc.
- Part B – The second part of the test will include conventional MCQs covering various topics of the concerned subject. For the subject of Engineering Sciences, however, questions pertaining to Engineering Aptitude and Mathematics will be included.
- Part C – This section will comprise of questions of a higher value that will be designed to test a candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or its application. Questions in this section will be of an analytical nature. For the subject of Engineering Sciences, it will include subject-related Multiple Choice Questions.
CSIR NET 2024 Admit card
The appearing candidates of CSIR NET 2024, can download their admit cards from the official website. which will be issued in May. The candidates have to enter their application form number and date of birth to download their admit card. No hard copy of admit cards will be issued to any candidate. The candidates have to carry the admit cards to the examination center.
CSIR NET 2024 Answer Key
- The Answer Key will be made available as per different subjects.
- It will be provided in sets A, B, C, D.
- It will contain the correct answers to the questions asked in the exam.
|Ph.D Admission Notifications|
CSIR NET 2024 Cutoff
- Institute will decide the minimum qualifying percentage for all the disciplines/subjects.
- Candidates will be eligible for the award of the eligibility, who will obtain the score as much as the cutoff score.
The expected CSIR NET 2024 Cut Off data is provided below.
|SC / ST||100||90|
Disclaimer- This is not the official notification for CSIR NET 2024, and the given schedule is tentative. Final dates will be updated after the release of the official notification. For more details about CSIR NET 2024.
1 thought on “CSIR NET 2024 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria, Pattern”
I belong to obc ncl category. I got 53.9%in my msc physics exam.can I apply for ugc exam?