UGC NET 2024: National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC). It is organized to determine the eligibility of Indian candidates for Junior Research Fellowship and for Assistant Professor or for both. Junior Research Fellowship awardees will be eligible to pursue research in their PG subject. UGC NET Application process for June Session will be started in the month of March 2024.
UGC NET 2024: Important Dates
|Release of Online Application||2nd week of March 2024|
|Last date to fill online application||2nd week of April 2024|
|Availability of Admit card||4th week of May 2024|
|Exam Date||1st week of June 2024|
|Result Declaration Date||1st week of July 2024|
|Release of Online Application||1st week of September 2024|
|Last date to fill online application||1st week of October 2024|
|Availability of Admit card||2nd week of November 2024|
|Exam Date||1st week of December 2024|
|Result Declaration Date||last week of December 2024|
- The application fee can be paid through credit/debit card or e-Challan (in cash to Syndicate /Canara / ICICI bank).
- The application fee cannot be refundable or transferable under any circumstances.
- Age Limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years as of 1st July 2024.
- For OBC-NCL, SC, ST, and PwD category candidates, 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit will be provided.
- Relaxation will also be given to the candidates having research experience.
- No prescribed upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- The candidates applying for NET 2024 should have qualified for the Master’s degree or equivalent in listed subjects scoring 55% from any state or central recognized university (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates).
- The appearing candidates of the final year are also eligible to apply for the examination (provided they have to qualify for the examination before awarding the post). These candidates must have qualified for their Master’s degree within 2 years from the date of NET results.
- Those candidates will get 5% relaxation in aggregate marks whose master’s degree was completed by 19th September 1991.
- The candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Master’s only. The candidates whose post-graduate subjects are not listed in the prescribed list can appear in the related subjects.
UGC NET 2024 Exam Pattern
- Paper-I shall consist of 50 objective-type compulsory questions.
- The questions which will be of general nature, are intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- It will primarily be designed to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper-II shall consist of 100 objective-type compulsory questions.
- The questions will be based on the subject selected by the candidate.
- Each question in both papers will be carrying 2 marks.
|Paper||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|I||50 questions (all compulsory)||100||1 hour|
|II||100 questions (all compulsory)||200||2 hours|
Check Also: Ph.D. Admission Notification 2024
Steps to fill UGC NET Application Form 2024
- Candidates are required to visit the official site.
- Once you reach the homepage, click on the application form link.
- Once the form is opened, fill up all the details.
- After that, you are required to upload your scanned passport size photograph and your signature of yours. Once the docs are uploaded successfully then you can proceed to apply.
- The payment can be done via Credit/Debit Card/E- Challan.
- After doing all these things, you can successfully hit the submit button.
- Lastly, take the printout of the filled application form and payment slip for further usage.
- Gather all the documents along with the filled application form. Attach it all together and then send it to the Registrar/Principal of the concerned institute.
- UGC NET is the eligibility test for the post of assistant professor in Indian colleges/Universities. It is also the qualifying test for the award of Junior Research Fellowship.
- A relaxation of 5 years will be provided to the candidates who have research experience in the relevant subject of their postgraduate degree. LLM degree holders will get 3 years of relaxation.
- Corrections will be allowed in some particulars after the submission of the application form.
- You need to bring one identity proof along with the admit card.
- There will be no negative marking in UGC NET 2024.
- You can pay the fee through a credit card/debit card or e-challan.
- The candidate should have at least a master’s degree from a recognized institution to be eligible for UGC NET.
- Candidates who completed their post-graduation in public administration can appear a net exam for the subject of political science.
Check the official website of NTA UGC NET: https://ntanet.nic.in/