SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus / CHSL Exam Pattern
The candidates appearing for SSC CHSL can check the SSC CHSL Exam syllabus from this page. The candidates will be recruited to various posts of LDC (Lower division clerk) and DEO (Data Entry Operators) of central govt. through this examination. It is very important to go through the syllabus of the examination to get well prepared for the examination.
The candidates must know the examination pattern of SSC CHSL before they start their preparation. This will help them to make strategies for them to perform well in the examination.
- The question paper will be divided into 4 sections- English language, General Awareness, General Intelligence and Quantitative aptitude.
- There will be total 50 questions allotted to each section and the total marks for each section will be 50.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours. The questions will be of MCQ type.
- The question paper will be available in both Hindi and English language for Section I, III and IV.
- There will be a penalty of ¼ marks for each wrong answer.
Examination syllabus for the English Language
- Improvement of sentences
- One word substitution
- Idioms & phrases
- Spelling/detecting misspell words
- Fill in the blanks
- Spot the error
- Comprehension passage
- Cloze passage
- Shuffling of sentences in a passage
- Shuffling of sentence parts
- Conversion into the direct/indirect narration
- The active/passive voice of verbs
Examination syllabus for General Intelligence
- Figural series
- Number series
- Semantic series
- Figural classification
- Symbolic/number classification
- Semantic classification
- Figural analogy
- Symbolic/number analogy
- Semantic analogy
- Figural pattern- folding & completion
- Punched hole/ pattern- folding & unfolding
- Drawing inferences
- Venn diagram
- Space orientation
- Symbolic operations
- Numerical operations
- Coding & decoding
- Word building
- Address matching
- Data & city matching
- Classification of center codes/ roll numbers
- Small & capital letters/ number-coding/decoding/classification
- Embedded figures
- Critical thinking
- Emotional intelligence
- Social intelligence
Examination syllabus for Numerical Aptitude
C.1.1 Number Systems
- Relationship between numbers
- Computation of the whole number
- Decimal & fractions
- Mixture & allegation
- Partnership business
- Profit & loss
- Interest (simple & compound)
- Square roots
- Ratio & proportion
- Time & distance
- Time & work
- Basic algebraic identities of school algebra (and their simple applications). For example- formulas for (a+b), (a-b)2, (a+b)3, (a-b)3, a3-b3, a3+b3, a2-b2; if a+b+c=0, then a3+b3+c3=3 abc etc. and elementary surds (simple problems).
- Graphs of Linear equations.
- 3.1- triangle & its various kinds of centers such as centroid, In-centre, orthocentre, circumcentre.
- 3.2- congruence & similarity of the triangle.
- 3.3- circle & its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- 4.1- triangle, quadrilaterals
- 4.2- regular polygons
- 4.3- circle
- 4.4- right prism
- 4.5- right circular cylinder
- 4.6- right circular cone
- 4.7- sphere, hemispheres
- 4.8- rectangular parallelepiped
- 4.9- a regular right pyramid with a triangular or square base
- 5.1- trigonometry ratios, degree & radian measures, standard identities like sin20+cos20=1 etc.
- 52- complementary angles, heights, and distances (simple problems only).
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
- 6.1- histogram
- 6.2- pie-chart
- 6.3- frequency polygon
- 6.4- Bar-diagram
Examination syllabus for General Awareness
- General polity
- Questions related to society
- Scientific research
- Current affairs
- Other related topics