SSC CHSL Application form 2022: SSC conducts CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination) to recruit eligible candidates to Group C cadre for the posts of DEO (Data Entry Operator) and LDC (Lower Division Clerk) of Central Govt. SSC CHSL Online application process has been started. The interested candidates can apply for the examination either through online or offline mode on or before the last date of application. The candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before they start the process of the application process.
SSC CHSL 2022 Application Form
1st January 2022: SSC CHSL Application process has been started, Interested candidates, can apply online till 7th March 2022.
SSC CHSL Overview
|Exam Name||SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam)|
|Organizing Authority||SSC (Staff Selection Commission)|
|Application Status||To be Released|
|Last Date to apply||07 March 2022|
|Exam Date||May 2022|
|Official Notification PDF||Check Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
SSC CHSL 2022 Important Dates
|Publication of official notification||01 February 2022|
|Commencement of the application process||01 February 2022|
|Last date of the application process||07 March 2022|
|Last date for payment of the application fee online||08 March 2022|
|Last date and time for the generation of offline
|09 March 2022|
|Last date for payment through Challan (during
working hours of Bank)
|10 March 2022|
|Dates of ‘Window for Application Form
Correction’ and online payment of Correction
|11 to 15 March 2022|
|Downloading of admit card||May 2022|
|Examination date (SSC CHSL Tier-I)||May 2022|
|Results declaration of part I examination||To be Announced|
|Examination Tier-II||To be Announced|
SSC CHSL Important Links
|Official Notification||Check Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
|User Registration||Register Here|
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): Passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): Passed 12th Standard in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
|For SC/ST age relaxation is||5 years|
|For OBC age relaxation is||3 years|
|For PH age relaxation is||10 years|
|For PH+OBC age relaxation is||13 years|
|For PH+SC/ST age relaxation is||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years|
|Candidates having domiciled in JK during the period from 1st
January 1980 to 31st December 1989
|Defence Personnel disabled||3 years|
|Defence Personnel disabled (SC/ST)||8 years|
|Central Government Civilian Employees||Up to 40 years of age|
|Central Government Civilian Employees (SC/ST)||Up to 45 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried||Up to 35 years of age|
|Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ST)||Up to 40 years of age|
|Service Clerks in the last year of their color service in the Armed Forces||Up to 45 years of age|
|Service Clerks in the last year of their color service in the Armed Forces (SC/ST)
||Up to 50 years of age|
SSC CHSL Application Fee
- Candidates will have to make a payment of Rs.100/-.
- Candidates claiming under Female/SC/ST/PH categories; are not required to make payment of the fee.
- Candidates can pay the application fee with the use of a debit card, credit card, net banking, or through an SBI bank challan.
Steps to fill SSC CHSL Application form
Part I Registration
- Go to the official website and click new registration (Register Here).
- Fill in basic information and check the details and make any corrections in the application.
- Indicate their preferences in exam centers carefully.
- Click ‘I agree’ button after declaration once he/she finds the information filled is correct and no correction is required.
- Thereafter no correction/modification etc. will be allowed.
- Then a page with Registration No. shall be generated.
- Take out the printout of the page or note down the registration number.
- Without payment, uploading of photograph, and scanned signature, the application procedure is incomplete.
- Candidates can pay the fee online through SBI Challan /Net banking and any credit and debit cards.
- To pay the fee in cash, the candidate should take the printout of the challan generated online after completion of registration.
- After 24 hours of submission of the online form, the candidate may go to the nearest SBI branch for depositing fees.
- Those who want to pay online through SBI Challan /Net banking and any credit and debit cards can go directly after the submission of the form.
- Skip the payment steps, those who are exempted from payment of the fee.
- Upload a recently taken scanned photograph in 8 – bit JPG format.
- The digital size of the file must be less than 12 kb and greater than 4 kb and of resolution 100-pixel widths by 120 pixels height.
- Then upload your scanned signature in JPG format.
- The digital size of the file must be less than 12 kb and greater than 4 kb and of resolution 100X120 (Pixel).
- The email will be received by the candidates on completion of Registration.
- Copy of email may be retained to produce before the Regional Office in the event of any discrepancy.
- Tier 1: Written exam of objective-type questions of 200 marks.
- Tier 2: It is a descriptive test of 100 marks and conducted in offline mode;
- Typing Test/Skill Test-For candidates who get qualifying marks in Tier 2 exam. Candidates’ data entry speed should be 8,000 key depressions per hour on the computer. 35 words per min are necessary for English typing, whereas, 30 words per min in the case of Hindi typing.
|Tier||Exam Type||Exam Mode|
|Tier-I||Objective Multiple Choice||Computer Based Test|
|Tier-II||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi||Pen and Paper Based|
|Tier-III||Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test||Whatever Applicable|
SSC CHSL Tier-I
- Exam Duration: 60 Minutes (80 Min for candidates eligible for scribes)
- Paper Language: will be available both in Hindi & English except for the English Language.
- Question Type: MCQ
- Negative Making: 0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks|
|1||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
Important Books to Prepare for SSC CHSL Exam
For the English Language
- Competitive General English by Kiran Prakashan
- Objective English for Competitive Examinations by Tata McGraw Hill
- Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
For General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Nonverbal (English) by BS Sijwali, Indu Sijwal
For Quantitative Aptitude
- Quicker Mathematics by M. Tyra
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Agarwal
- Elementary and Advanced Mathematics by Kiran Prakashan
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
For General Awareness
- Manorama Yearbook (Hindi)
- Manorama Yearbook (English)
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (Hindi)
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (English)