CSIR UGC NET 2023: CSIR National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted by National Testing Agency on behalf of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research in the month of June and December. By qualifying for this examination, one can be eligible for the JRF – Junior Research Fellowship and assistant professor post. This examination is conducted for subjects related to Science and technology.
CSIR UGC NET 2023 Updates
The online application process will be started from the 2nd week of March 2023. Check Here: CSIR NET Application Form
CSIR UGC NET 2023 Important Dates
|Date of commencement of application form||2nd week of March 2023|
|Online application ends on||2nd week of April 2023|
|E-admit card will be issued on||3rd week of May 2023|
|Exam Date||3rd week of June 2023|
|Announcement of results||1st week of July 2023|
Check>> Ph.D. Admission Notifications 2023
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
CSIR NET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be Indian national.
- The upper age limit prescribed for JRF should be 28 years.
- For the candidates belonging to different categories, relaxation will be provided to them.
- There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.
- Interested candidates must have done BS-4 year’s program that is B Pharma, BE, B. Tech, M.Sc., MBBS, Integrated BS-MS, or any other science degree with at least 55% marks.
- 5% marks concession is applicable for the people who belong to the reserved category.
- Candidates who are studying M.Sc. and have done graduation (10+2+3) are also eligible for this examination.
- If you have done B.Sc. or if you are doing an integrated MS-PhD program and have got a minimum of 55% marks then you are eligible to apply for the same.
- If you have done graduation from any science side of engineering then you can also get the fellowship but only after being registered for Ph.D. or Ph.D. integrated program.
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean, and Planetary Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Physical Sciences.
- Mathematical Sciences
Check>> UGC NET Application Form
CSIR NET 2023 Application Fee
Candidates will have to deposit the examination fee at any branch of the Indian Bank all over the country. The amount of fee is:
|For General Category candidates||Rs. 1000/-|
|For OBC-NCL category candidates||Rs. 500/-|
|For SC/ST candidates||Rs. 250/-|
|For Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates||Rs. 250/-|
- The Test will be held in a total of five subjects viz., Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Earth, Physical Sciences Chemical Sciences, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences.
- It will consist of a single MCQ paper consisting of 200 marks.
- There will be a deduction of the marks for wrong answers as per the subject-wise scheme of the exam.
- The benefit of marks will be given to only those candidates who attempt the question in the case, any question found to be wrong at a later stage then.
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Mode of exam||Pen and Paper mode|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|List of Subjects||Life Sciences Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences Mathematical Sciences Chemical Sciences Physical Sciences|
The question paper will be divided into three Parts- A, B, and C as described below:
Part A – The first part will be common to all the subjects and will include questions pertaining to logical reasoning, graphical analysis, General Aptitude, Numerical ability, etc.
Part B – The second part of the test will include conventional MCQs covering various topics of the concerned subject. For the subject of Engineering Sciences, however, questions pertaining to Engineering Aptitude and Mathematics will be included.
Part C – This section will consist of questions of a higher value that will be designed to test a candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or its application. Questions in this section will be of an analytical nature. The subject of Engineering Sciences, it will include subject-related Multiple Choice Questions.
|Section||Subjects||Number of Questions||Duration|
|A||General Aptitude, Graphical Analysis, Logical Reasoning, Numeric Ability, etc.||200||3 Hours|
|B||Mathematics and Engineering Aptitude|
|C||Application of the scientific concepts, Engineering Sciences|
CSIR UGC NET 2023 Result
- The Result will be published in form of merit list at the official website.
- The merit list will comprise names of qualified candidates with their ranks.
- It will be published differently for each stream.
- The preparation of the merit list is done on the basis of the performance of candidates in the exam.
CSIR UGC NET 2023 Cut Off
- The cutoff marks for CSIR UGC NET is the minimum marks required to get shortlisted for fellowships.
- Cut Off marks are expected to be declared separately for each subject.
The cut off is devised considering numerous factors including,
- Total number of appearing candidates
- Total number of available seats
- The difficulty level of the question paper.
The expected CSIR UGC NET 2018 Cut Off data is provided below.
|SC / ST||100||90|
- Inorganic and organometallic polymers by Chandrasekhar, Vadapalli
- Physical Chemistry by Samuel Glasstone
- Trueman’s UGC-CSIR JRF/NET Chemical Sciences (Chemistry) by B. Roy, M. Gagan
- Biological inorganic chemistry: structure and reactivity by Ivano Bertini
- Pearson Guide to UGC-CSIR Chemical Sciences by Sanjay Singh Rawal
- Microbial Biotechnology by Glick
- Ecology by PD Sharma
- Plant physiology by Salisbury and Ross.
- Genetics by Gardener
- Principles of Biochemistry by Lehninger
- Immunology by Kuby
- Biochemistry by A student survival guide
- Genes to Clones by Winnacker
- Biochemical Techniques by Keith Wilson and walker
- Joint CSIR UGC-NET: Physical Science (Part-A, B & C by RPH Editorial Board
- UGC-CSIR NET (JRF & LS) Physical Science by W.Malemnganba Chenglei
- CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET Physical Sciences by Dr. Surekha Tomar
- Physical Sciences CSIR-JRF-Net Gate by Tomar
- UGC CSIR JRF/Net Physical Sciences by Sunil Kushwaha
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences Exam Guide CSIR UGC NET by Surendra Kumar
- Mathematical Science Manual CSIR UGC/NET/SLET & Lectureship – Jupiter by Renu Sharma, Awadhesh Kumar Mishra
- CSIR-UGC NET/JRF/SET MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES by Alok Kumar (Upkar)
- Net Mathematical Sciences – Vol. 1 UGC CSIR by Satya Prakashan
- NET Mathematical Sciences – Vol. 2 UGC CSIR by Satya Prakashan
- Mathematical Sciences for UGC-CSIR Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Lectureship by Prasad
- UGC-CSIR NET (JRF & LS) Mathematical Science by Pawan Sharma, Anshuman, Suraj Singh
- UGC-CSIR JRF/NET Mathematical Sciences (Also Useful For SET) by G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd
Check here official details: https://csirnet.nta.nic.in/
44 thoughts on “CSIR UGC NET 2023 Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus”
i have domecile of UP ,but i have done +2 from Rajashthan can i apply for upcpmt
Inform csir exam date
hai sir, i have completed my u.g (b.tech )in electronics and communication engineering and i am pursuing pg(ME) in communication systems (2016-2018) is i am eligible to write CSIR NET exam for assistant professor post. i need details and syllabus for exam which i suppose to write
cinthuriya are you write the CSIR Exam ,,,? i am eligible are not, because am also M.E(PED)
Please inform me when application startsby email
Please inform me application start date.
I want to apply for joint csir jrf net 2018. Is there any notification on it
Csir official website lo information untundhi chudadi
im in my last semester of bsc. biotechnology. should i apply for this exam? or after my msc?? pls reply asap
Am renuka pursing pharm-d ( internship) am I eligible to apply for CSIR exam
My previous year exam are in june…can I apply for the exam
Shivani ji app de Sakti h exam
I m M.Sc chemistry from monad University. May I eligible for appear the csir exam
sir my sister completed her M.Sc. Nursing which subject she write the ugc cisr exam
Joint csir ugc test for jonior research fellowshil and eligibility for lectureshio starting and last date
question paper patteren change aimda sir
hello people can anyone say me when will be the exam in 2018 please help me for jrf I completed my b.PHARM
ds bhargavi…i just completed my MA[ENGLISH].am I eligible to apply?because they mentioned only some particular subject
In my district there is no any Indian bank where I can deposit fees in jk as jummu is 400kms away
Hello… please tell me when will application form for CSIR NET will be available… And what is the exam date….
Pls mail me regarding this…
Please tell me a conform application and exam dates
Please tell me sir conform exam date
i am unable to find life science net form chalan.. plz suggest me..
website for online challan..
Sir please tell me the exact date for csir ugc net 2018 online form fill up….As per instructions it was to be given by Feb..but neither challan could be downloaded nor the form
Sir ,I can’t get proper information about exam form and date
Please tell me official website
Relaxation for OBC (NCL) candidate is upto 5 years or 3 years. I could in seen the notification as about 3 years where as, last year it was 5 years. Am i right?. Your reply in this regard is highly anticipated. Thank you
Maine M.A. Geography subject se kiya h. Kya main CHIR earth science se apply kr skta hu..?
it will from 5th march and last date is 26th since yesterday i am checking in main official site of csir it has not been loaded yet .
I have done masters in mathematics but while applying for Net 2018 exam in the subject column mathematics option is not there for maths subject which one do i have to select?
M STUDYING MSC/MA GEOGRAPHY,M I ELIGIBLE FOR CSIR NET EXAM SIR??
sir i m students of b.voc (hons) in production engineering it is equivalent to b.tech sir i m eligible for this xm
Sir, please tell me that which one we need to upload either coloured or black and white photo? Is their any specific condition?
I am studying M.A. in Geography ( final year) . My degree has M.A. with Geography so I apply for CSIR net exam .Sir/ Madam Kindly informed me please .
this website s saying that v have to pay the fee through indian bank.can u clarify that indian bank in the sense any bank from india,or anything?we have to pay through online banking or in the form of DD.
Which certificate is required for SC candidate ?? State government verified or Indian government verified certificate ??
Sir I am a PG holder of mathematics. Am l eligible for writing NET exam for mathematical sciences. If not is there any oth option
Sir actually i don’t have degree certificate I only has last semester mark certificate tell me can I apply for csir net please
i am in the last sem of bsc biology can i apply for the csir net exam
I’m in the 2nd sem of m.sc.chemistry can I apply for the csir net exm……..
I have done M.E. in EEE department can I eligible for csir net. Please send me detailed information how to apply
do we have negative marking for dec2018 CSIR NET exam??
YOU MUST APPLY FOR UGC NET NOT FOR CSIR NET
Please can u say us whn will b form coming of December 2018…i m nt getting the link can u send me link or just a hint for that please