CTET 2023: Central Teacher Eligibility Test will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). Earlier it was conducted by CBSE but as the NTA to take over the responsibility of conducting all the entrance examinations, CTET is one of them. It is a national-level entrance examination for teachers and is mandatory for teaching jobs in government schools in India. Candidates can apply for the CTET by login into the official website of the authority. We are providing all the details about CTET 2023 so the candidates can prepare according to the details mentioned.
The reason behind implementing CTET is: It would bring national standards and benchmarks of teacher quality in the recruitment process; it would induce teacher education institutions and students from these institutions to further improve their performance standard; it would send a positive signal to all stakeholders that the Government lays special emphasis on teacher quality.
CTET 2023: Important Dates
|Online Submission of application starts from
||2nd week of January 2023
|Online Submission of application ends on
||2nd week of February 2023
|Last date for payment of a fee
||3rd week of February 2023
|Period for Online Corrections in Particulars
||3rd week of March 2023
|The final status of the application
||4th week of March 2023
|Download Admit Card
||In the month of June 2023
|Date of Examination
||1st week of July 2023
For Classes I-V: Primary Stage
- Senior Secondary (or equivalent) and Passed or appearing in the final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education. OR
- The final year of 2- year Diploma in Elementary Education, in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure), Regulations, 2002. OR
- 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed). OR
- 2- year Diploma in Education (Special Education). OR
- Graduation and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) (with additional conditions).
For Classes VI-VIII: Elementary Stage
- Graduation and passed or appearing in the final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education. OR
- 1-year B.Ed. (Special Education).
- 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed). OR
- 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed), in accordance with the NCTE (Recognition Norms and Procedure) Regulations issued from time to time in this regard. OR
- Senior Secondary (or equivalent) and passed or appearing in the final year of 4- year Bachelor in Elementary Education (B.EI.Ed)/ B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed. OR
- Any candidate having a qualified B.Ed. the program recognized by the NCTE is eligible to appear in TET/CTET.
CTET 2023 Application Fee
- The candidate has to submit the requisite amount of fee too:
- For UR and OBC candidates if applying for only paper 1 or 2 is Rs. 700.
- If applying for both papers 1 and 2 is Rs.1200.
- For SC/ST/Differently able persons if applying for anyone is Rs.350.
- If applying for both papers is Rs.600.
- All questions asked in CTET 2023 will be Multiple Choice Questions, with four alternatives out of which one answer will be correct.
- Each question will be carrying one mark and there will be no negative marking.
- Paper 1 will be for the candidate who intends to be a teacher of classes 1 to 5.
- The 2nd Paper will be for the candidate who intends to be a teacher of classes 6th to 8th.
- The duration of each paper will be 2 Hours 30 Min.
||Number of questions
|Child Development and Methodology and Pedagogy
| Language 2
|Child Development and Pedagogy
|Mathematics and Science
|Social Studies and Social Sciences
Nature and Standard of Questions
- The test items on Child Development and Pedagogy will focus on the educational psychology of teaching and learning relevant to the age group of 6-11 years.
- They will focus on understanding the characteristics and needs of the diverse learner, interaction with diverse learners, and the attributes and qualities of the good facilitator of learning.
- The test item in language 1 will focus on the proficiencies related to the medium of instructions.
- The Test items in Language 2 will focus on the elements of language, communication, and comprehension abilities.
- The test item in mathematics and Environmental studies will focus on the concepts, problem-solving abilities, and Pedagogical understanding of subjects. In all these subject areas, the test item evenly distributed over different divisions of the syllabus of that subject prescribed for class 1- 5 by NCERT.
- The questions in the test for paper 1 will be based on the topics prescribed in the syllabus of the NCERT for classes 1 to 5 but their difficulty standard, as well as linkages, could be up to the secondary stage.
||Dadra & Nagar Haveli
||Delhi Central, East, North, South, West
- The qualifying marks varies for different categories.
- Candidates who will qualify the test will be awarded the CTET Eligibility Certificate.
- 5% relaxation in the qualifying marks will be given Reserved category candidates.
CTET 2023 Cutoff (Expected)
Child Development and Pedagogy: 30 Questions
- Concepts of development and its relationship with learning
- Principles of development of Children
- Influence of heredity and Environment
- Socialization processes: Social World and Children
- Piaget, Kohlberg, and Vygotsky: construct and critical perspectives
- Concepts of child-centered and progressive education
- Critical perspective of the construction of intelligence
- Multidimensional intelligence
- Language and thought
- Gender as a social construct; gender roles, gender-bias and educational practices
- Individual differences among learners, understanding differences based on diversity of languages, caste, gender, and religion
- Formulating appropriate questions assessing the level of learners; for enhancing learning and critical thinking in the classroom and for learner achievement.
- The concept of Inclusive education and understanding children with special needs.
- Addressing learners from diverse backgrounds including disadvantaged and deprived.
- Needs of children with learning difficulties.
- Talented, creative, and specially-abled children.
Learning and Pedagogy
- How children learn and think; how and why children fail to achieve success in school performance.
- The basic process of teaching and learning; children’s strategy of learning; learning as a social activity
- Child as a problem solver and a scientific investigator
- Cognition and Emotions
- Motivation and learning.
- Geometry, Shapes and Spatial Understanding, Solids around us, Numbers, Addition and Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Measurement, Weight, Time, Volume, Data handling, Patterns, Money
Environmental Studies (Pedagogy)
- Concepts and Scopes of EVS, the significance of EVS and integrated EVS, Environmental Studies and Environmental Education, Learning Principle, Scope and relation to Science and Social Science, Discussion, Teaching material