Application form and Doon School Admission Procedure will be available on the official website of the school. It is certainly one of the finest schools in India. The Doon School is a full boarding school, which specializes in developing the skills and creativity of the student. Please note that the Doon is an all-boys boarding school. Therefore, only the boy candidates can apply for admission. The Doon school admission will be provided into two classes i.e. class 7th and class 8th. For a bright future, the student applies for admission to the Doon school every year. The students also need to clear the interview round after clearing the entrance exam. In this article, we provide all the information regarding the Doon School Admission Procedure.
Doon School Admission Procedure: Important dates
|Dates (Summer Session)
|Registration Starts From
|1st week of February 2021
|Application Ends On
|Last week of April 2021
Doon School Admission Procedure
From the official website of the school, candidates need to download the Doon school application form. The candidate needs to fill the details in the application form in a neat and clean manner after downloading the application form. They have to provide all the required details such as Name of student, Date of Birth, Academic strength of the student, family information in the application form. They need to pay the application fee online using internet banking, debit card or credit card after filling the application form. The application fee can also be paid via Demand draft or Cheque. After that, the parent should send the scanned copy of the application form along with receipt of online fee payment, DD/ Cheque/, birth certificate of to the official email. For future reference, applicants are advised to keep a copy of the application form, fee receipt safe.
Doon School Admission Procedure: Procedure
- Applying candidates will have to take part in an entrance test conducted in major metropolitan cities.
- In the month of November, the written test will be organized.
- The written exam will consist of four papers: Mathematics, English, General Knowledge & Hindi.
- Hindi is the compulsory language.
- Candidates must appear for paper in Hindi.
- Those students who have not studied this subject Hindi in 5 years an exemption may be granted prior to the entrance exam.
- After clearing the qualifying exam candidates are invited for a personal interview.
- The interviews usually take place in December, at the school, and in selected cities Bangalore, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Chennai.
- After the eighth class, the school does not provide admission.
- 0-3-year-old boys: Rs. 12000/- (600 US $ for overseas registration)
- 3-5-year-old boys: Rs. 15000/- (850 US $ for overseas registration)
- 5-7-year-old boys: Rs. 18500/- (1000 US $ for overseas registration)
- 7-9-year-old boys: Rs. 22000/- (1300 US $ for overseas registration)
- 9-11-year-old boys: Rs. 29000/- (1500 US $ for overseas registration)
- 11-13-year-old boys: Rs. 36000/- (1800 US $ for overseas registration)
- Eligible candidates can take admission only in the months of January and April Every year.
- The admissions are given to eighth standard students (C form) In the January month.
- The admissions are given to for seventh standard students (D form) in the month of April.
- In the seventh class (D Form) and eighth class (C Form), The Doon School allows admission for new students.
- For admission to class 7th (D form): Applying student must be of 11 years age and should be under 12th years of age as on the month of September entrance examination year.
- For class 8th admission: the student should be of complete 12 years of age and should be under 13 years of age as in September month of the entrance examination year.
- Candidates who are unsuccessful in the first attempt of getting admission into the seventh class can apply for eighth class admission next year as per the school policy.
- The students can also apply directly for eighth class admission as well depending on their age.
Visit the official website of Doon School