Doon School Admission 2023: Established on 10 September in 1935, the Doon School was founded by Satish Ranjan Das (a Kolkata lawyer). It is a boys-only independent boarding school located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. The selection of boys is done from every state in India, Indian nationals from the SAARC countries and Indian nationals from all other parts of the globe. Along with other extra-curricular activities, it is famous for providing high-quality education. In this article, we provide all the information regarding the Doon School Admission 2023 process, fee, application form. The Doon School is a full boarding school, which specializes in developing the skills and creativity of the student. The Doon school admission will be provided into two classes i.e. class 7th and class 8th.
Doon School Admission 2023: Important dates
|Events||Dates (Summer Session)|
|Registration Starts From||1st week of February 2023|
|Application Ends On||Last week of April 2023|
- Eligible candidates can take admission only in the months of January and April Every year.
- The admissions are given to eighth standard students (C form) In January month.
- The admissions are given to for seventh standard students (D form) in the month of April.
- In the seventh class (D Form) and eighth class (C Form), The Doon School allows admission for new students.
- For admission to class 7th (D form): Applying student must be of 11 years age and should be under 12th years of age as on the month of September entrance examination year.
- For class 8th admission: the student should be of complete 12 years of age and should be under 13 years of age as in September month of the entrance examination year.
- Candidates who are unsuccessful in the first attempt of getting admission into the seventh class can apply for eighth class admission next year as per the school policy.
- The students can also apply directly for eighth class admission as well depending on their age.
Doon School Admission 2023: Application form
From the official website of the school, candidates need to download the Doon school application form. The candidate needs to fill the details in the application form in a neat and clean manner after downloading the application form. They have to provide all the required details such as Name of student, Date of Birth, Academic strength of the student, family information in the application form. They need to pay the application fee online using internet banking, debit card or credit card after filling the application form. The application fee can also be paid via Demand draft or Cheque. After that, the parent should send the scanned copy of the application form along with receipt of online fee payment, DD/ Cheque/, birth certificate of to the official email. For future reference, applicants are advised to keep a copy of the application form, fee receipt safe.
Check Here: Doon School Admission Procedure
- 0-3-year-old boys: Rs. 12000/- (600 US $ for overseas registration)
- 3-5-year-old boys: Rs. 15000/- (850 US $ for overseas registration)
- 5-7-year-old boys: Rs. 18500/- (1000 US $ for overseas registration)
- 7-9-year-old boys: Rs. 22000/- (1300 US $ for overseas registration)
- 9-11-year-old boys: Rs. 29000/- (1500 US $ for overseas registration)
- 11-13-year-old boys: Rs. 36000/- (1800 US $ for overseas registration)
- In the entrance exam, the questions will be asked from the following subjects: Non-verbal, Verbal Reasoning, reasoning, English, and Mathematics.
|Verbal Reasoning||50 Minutes|
|Non-verbal reasoning||30 Minutes|
- Final Evaluation: In all the 5 papers admission will basis on the final evaluation.
- The exam will be held in various cities across India including Dehradun, Kolkata, Jaipur, Chennai, Secunderabad, Bengaluru Mumbai, and Lucknow, etc.
The fee structure for Doon School Admission 2023
- Admission Fees: Rs. 1, 50,000/- (at the time of admission)
- School Fees: Rs. 6, 10,000/- per annum
- Advance for Incidentals: Rs. 25,000/- per term.
- Security Deposit: Rs. 1, 50,000/- (refundable)
- This school offers facilities like well-ventilated classrooms, laboratories, library & play area
For NRIs/Foreign Nationals Admission Fee:
- Admission Fees: – Rs. 6, 40,500/- (at the time of admission)
- Security Deposit: – Rs. 6, 40,500/- (refundable)
- School Fees: – Rs. 12, 81,000/- per annum
- Advance for Incidentals: – Rs. 50,000/- per term.
- The admission fee will two equal installments in June & December month.
- The Doon school special scholarship committee decides how scholarships and financial aids are given.
- The headmaster includes the scholarship committee members.
- The parents have to fill an application form stating details about their financial affairs and joint income of the family In order to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship committee will assure that the scholarship reaches the needy parents.
- The full financial supports are available under the scholarship.
- The parents may contact the head of the admission to get the application form for the scholarship.
Visit the official website of Doon School