FRI M.Sc Admission 2023: Established in 1878, Forest Research Institute offers Ph.D. and M.Sc. courses in different specializations. It will announce the (M.Sc.) Admission at FRI (Deemed) University for next the session. The application form of FRI M.Sc Admission can be filled online or offline on payment of application fee through cash or DD. From the official website, candidates will be able to download the application form for FRI M.Sc. Admission. It offers reservations to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/ PWD and OBC-NCL categories. Candidates can check all the details related to FRI M.Sc Admission from this page given below.
FRI M.Sc Admission 2023 Updates
FRI M.Sc Application Process will be started in the 1st week of January 2023. Interested candidates can submit the application form before the last date.
FRI M.Sc Admission 2023: Important Dates
|Starts the application forms
|1st week of January 2023
|Last date for receiving completed application forms
|2nd week of April 2023
|Date of Online Remote Proctored Admission test
|3rd week of May 2023
|1st week of Jul 2023
|2nd week of Jul 2023
|Date of Starting New Session
|3rd week of Jul 2023
- For M.Sc. Forestry: Applying candidates must have a 3-year bachelor’s degree in science with at least one of the subjects namely Mathematics, Physics, Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, or a Bachelor’s degree in Forestry or Agriculture.
- For M.Sc. Wood Science & Technology: Candidate must have a 3 years Bachelor’s degree with Chemistry Mathematics, Physics or B.Sc. degree in Forestry.
- For M.Sc. Environment Management: Applying candidate must have a 3 years Bachelor’s degree in any branch of basic or Bachelor’s Degree in Forestry or Agriculture or applied Sciences or BE/B.Tech in Environment Science.
- For M.Sc. Cellulose & Paper Technology: Candidate must have a Graduate degree with a minimum 50% marks in aggregate in Science with Chemistry as one of the subjects. BE/B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering with minimum 50% aggregate or Chemical).
- Age Limit for In-service Candidate: For M.Sc. Environment Management course, the maximum age limit in respect of in-service candidates to shall be 50 years. No further relaxation will be given in any case and the age shall be reckoned as on 31 July of the year of admission.
FRI M.Sc Admission 2023 Application Form
To get admission to the M.Sc. course Candidate must visit the official website of FRI Dehradun to download the application form of FRI M.Sc Admission. Before the last date, the application form can be obtained by post. As per the Eligibility Criteria, they can apply for the course and, the Application Form will be available to the candidates on the provided schedule through authority. They must be visited the official webpage of FRI Dehradun. They should have to download the application form after visiting the official website. After download, the application form candidates should have to fill the Application Form with all of the correct and complete details. The candidate must be filled with all the details correctly. When he/she has ascertained that all details are correct. The candidate must take the printout of the application form for future reference.
FRI M.Sc Admission 2023 Important Links
|Download Application Form
- The candidate must be paid Rs. 1200/- as an application fee for each course.
- The form can be got by submitting a Bank Draft for Rs. 1200/- payable at Dehradun in favor of Registrar, FRI (Deemed) University, P.O.: I.P.E., Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun–248 195 or on
There will be an Objective Type Entrance Test for the duration of three hours under the following sections:
|Basic Sciences with Social Sciences
|Arithmetic & Quantitative Ability
|Interpretation of Tables
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs
|English Language: Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Idioms
For every incorrect answer, there will be a negative marking of ¼ marks.
Entrance Test Centers
Note 1: for Foreign Nationals 15% seats on the supernumerary basis are reserved.
Note 2: At the time of seat, confirmation Foreign Nationals are exempted from the Entrance Test provided they have the essential qualifying degree.
Eligible candidates will be allowed to attend the counseling session. After qualifying the exam those candidates are shortlisted in the merit list, they will be called out for the counseling Procedure. They should have to check the counseling schedule and center from the official website of FRI Dehradun. For verification, they also have to carry the required documents. The seat allotment will be done for the candidates in the FRI Dehradun after documents verification and seat
Documents required at the time of Counselling
- Transfer and Migration certificate
- X and XII mark sheet
- Qualifying degree mark sheet
- Admission Test Admit Card
- Caste, PWD Certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhaar Card
Fee for FRI M.Sc Admission
- Semester fee – 750 US$ per semester (1st installment is payable at the time of admission)
- Caution money – 50 US$ (Refundable)
- Hostel fee – 40 US$ per month
- Sports, Magazines fees – 30 US$ p.a.
- Library/Teaching aid fee – 50 US$ per semester
- Degree fee – 10 US$
Official Website: http://fridu.edu.in/