GBPUAT Admission 2023: G. B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUAT) formerly known as Uttar Pradesh Agricultural University (UPAU) is the first agricultural university of India inaugurated by Jawahar Lal Nehru on 17 November 1960. In 1972 in memory of the great freedom fighter Govind Ballabh Pant the name was changed to Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology. Admission will be done on the basis of the entrance exam for the academic year 2023-24. The University will release notification soon. Check the details of GBPUAT Admission 2023 here.
GBPUAT 2023 Updates
G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology Application process will be started from the 2nd week of March 2023. Check here the GBPUAT Application form.
GBPUAT Admission 2023 Dates
for UG, Masters, MCA & Ph.D. Programs
|Online filing of the application form||2nd week of March 2023|
|Last date to apply online||2nd week of April 2023|
|Last date for receipt of print out of application form||3rd week of April 2023|
|Downloading of Admit cards||1st week of June 2023|
|Entrance Exam Date (UG & MCA)||3rd week of June 2023|
|Entrance Exam Date (Masters & Ph.D.)||3rd week of June 2023|
|Declaration of Result||4th week of June 2023|
|Counselling||2nd week of July 2023|
for M.Tech. Programs & Sponsored candidates for Masters’, M.Tech. & Ph.D. programs
|Starting Date of Online Application Form||1st week of April 2023|
|Last Date of Application Form & Fee Payment||2nd week of May 2023|
|Last date for receipt of print out of application form||3rd week of May 2023|
GBPUAT Admission 2023 Important Links
|Download Prospectus (Official Notification)||Check Here|
|Instruction to Apply Online||Check Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
|GBPUAT Application Form||Apply Here|
|GBPUAT Counselling Details||Check Here|
For Undergraduate Programmes
- B.V. Sc. & A.H. – Intermediate Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English or equivalent examination and should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks for General Category and 40% for reserved categories (OBC, SC & ST) in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- B.Sc. Agriculture – Intermediate Agriculture/Science with Mathematics or Biology.
- For B.Tech Programme – Pass in 10+2 examination or its equivalent with Physics and Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Biology.
For Master’s Programmes
- Agricultural Economics – B.Sc. in Agriculture/ Fisheries/Forestry/ Horticulture/ Home Sc./Agril. Marketing.
- Engineering (Farm Machinery & Power Engg.) – Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
- Agrometeorology – B.Sc. in Agriculture/Forestry/ Horticulture or B.Sc. with Physics as one of the major subjects.
- Plant Physiology – B.Sc. in Agriculture/ Zoology, Botany and Chemistry/ Horticulture/ Microbiology with Chemistry/B.Sc. Forestry.
- Clothing & Textiles – B.Sc. Home Science/Home Economics/Family & Community Sciences with Intermediate Science.
For Ph.D. Programs
- Agricultural Economics – M.Sc.Ag. Agril. Economics/Rural Banking & Agril. Eco. or M.Sc. Dairy Economics/Livestock Economics/ Forest Economics.
- Human Nutrition – M.Sc. in Foods & Nutrition/Food Science & Tech./ Nutrition/Nutrition & Dietetics/ Food Science & Nutrition.
- Electrical Engineering – Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engg./Electrical & Electronics Engg. from a recognized University/Institute and Masters’ degree in the field of Electrical Engg. from a recognized University/ Institute.
- Biochemistry – M.Sc. Ag./M.Sc. in Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Molecular Biology & Biotech./Chemistry/Agril. Chemicals /Foods & Nutrition/ Biophysics/ Biotechnology.
|S.No.||Degree||Normal Duration||Maximum Duration|
|1.||B.Sc. Agriculture||8 Semesters||12 Semesters|
|2.||B.V.Sc. & A.H.||10 Semesters||16 Semesters|
|3.||B.Sc. Home Science||8 Semesters||12 Semesters|
|4.||B.F.Sc.||8 Semesters||12 Semesters|
|5.||B.Sc. (Forestry)||8 Semesters||12 Semesters|
|6.||B.Sc. Horticulture||8 Semesters||12 Semesters|
|7.||B.Sc. Food Technology||8 Semesters||12 Semesters|
|8.||B.Tech.||8 Semesters||12 Semesters|
|9.||B.Tech. For Diploma holders and B.Sc. (Maths)||6 Semesters||9 Semesters|
|degree holders to be admitted to the 2nd-year level.|
|10.||Master‟s degree in various majors except for MCA||4 Semesters||8 Semesters|
|11.||MCA||6 Semesters||9 Semesters|
|12.||Ph.D. degree in various majors||6 Semesters||12 Semesters|
- The application fee for General and OBC is Rs. 1200/-
- The application fee for ST/SC/PH is Rs. 600/-
- The application fee once paid will not be refunded in any case
There shall be one common Entrance Examination for admission to all Undergraduate Programmes having 3 hours duration and shall consist of one question paper carrying 600 marks and would be of objective type with multiple choice. The bilingual question paper in English and Hindi will be supplied. There will be three groups of papers as detailed below.
PCB paper (Code 1)
The candidate who has passed/ appeared in the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology stream shall have a question paper consisting of questions of Mental Agility (30 questions), Physics (50 questions), Chemistry (50 questions), and Biology (70 questions). The candidate opting for this group can seek admission for the degree course in Agriculture, Food Technology, Fisheries, Home Science, and Veterinary Sciences.
PCM paper (Code 2)
The candidate who has passed/ appeared in the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics stream shall have a question paper consisting of questions of Mental Agility (30 questions), Physics (50 questions), Chemistry (50 questions), and Mathematics (70 questions). The candidate opting for this group can seek admission for the degree course in Agriculture, Food Technology, Home Science, and Fisheries.
PCA paper (Code 3)
The candidate who has passed/ appeared in the 10+2 examination with the Agriculture stream shall have a question paper consisting of questions of Mental Agility (30 questions), Physics (50 questions), Chemistry (50 questions), and Agriculture (70 questions). The candidate opting for this group can seek admission for the degree course in Agriculture, Food Technology, and Fisheries.
Candidates having Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology subjects at his/her 10+2 level will have to indicate his/her choice of the group of papers for Entrance Examination in the Application Form. These candidates can either opt for PCB paper (Code 1) or PCM paper (Code 2). They can seek admission for a degree program as per their qualification and group of papers in the entrance examination.
For Masters’ programs (except MCA) shall take
- Aptitude Test and
- Subject Matter Test without any break from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. while for MCA program the candidate shall take
Aptitude Test and Subject Matter Test without any break from 3.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- The examination shall start with Aptitude Test and after 45 minutes the question booklet of the Aptitude Test shall be taken back and the question booklet for group-wise Subject Matter Test paper will be distributed as per the option of the candidates (based on their qualifying examination) and major-wise.
- The Aptitude Test and Subject Matter Test shall consist of 50 and 150 questions for all groups (except Physical & Life Sciences) respectively. The Subject Matter Test for these groups shall consist of 200 questions and candidates have to attempt 150 questions. The question paper will be objective type with multiple choices for each question in the English language only.
- For Ph.D. Programs shall take subject matter tests comprising 600 marks, which shall be administered, program-wise. The paper shall consist of objective-type questions with 4 multiple choices and shall be of 3 hours.
Note: For all the programs viz. Ph.D., Masters’ and Undergraduates’ 3.0 Marks will be awarded for each correct answer and 1.0 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer attempted by the candidate.
The use of Electronic equipment such as the calculator, log table, mobile phone, etc. in the examination hall is strictly prohibited.
|BHU B.Sc Agriculture 2023 Admission Form, Exam Date|
GBPUAT Admission 2023 Selection Criteria
- On the basis of merit of Joint Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE, New Delhi admissions to B.Tech. Programs shall be made by the University.
- In M.Tech. programs, admission shall be made first based on the GATE qualifying marks in the subject (Major) in which admission is sought. Vacant seats shall be filled based on OGPA/percentage (%) of marks of B.Tech. The candidate should have secured at least an OGPA of not less than 6.000/10.000 or 3.000/5.000 or 55% marks in aggregate in the case of the Institutions/ Universities where these scales are not applicable in the Bachelor’s degree.
- Admission towards seats for Other State candidates in M.Tech. Agricultural Engineering majors shall be made through the Entrance Examination conducted by ICAR.
- In case, domicile candidates of Uttarakhand are not available for the sanctioned seats, the same shall be filled from amongst candidates of Other States.
- Admission to Masters’ programs in MBA/ MBA (Agribusiness) shall be made through CMAT score and Group Discussion and an Interview conducted by the University.
- Admissions to the MCA program shall be made on the basis of a separate Entrance Examination to be conducted by the University. In case a candidate wants to appear for other Masters’ programs in addition to MCA, he/she has to fill a separate application form.