TNEA 2022: Anna University organizes Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA ) every year for carrying out the admissions to the UG engineering courses in the engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu. The candidates will get admission on the basis of their class XII percentage. The candidates who are meeting the eligibility criteria will be able for the UG courses offered by the various engineering colleges of Tamil Nadu. Check here all the details regarding TNEA 2022 such as registration, eligibility, schedule, etc.
TNEA 2022 Important Dates
|Releasing of Notification||Last week of April 2022|
|Starting of the application process||1st week of May 2022|
|Last date to apply||3rd week of May 2022|
|Last date to submit the filled-in application||1st week of June 2022|
|Allotting of random number||3rd week of June 2022|
|Starting of the Counselling||4th week of June 2022|
TNEA 2022 Application Form
Candidates can get the application form through online mode on the official website. There is no offline mode to fill the application. The online registration link will be provided on our website. Candidates must read the instruction carefully & fill the form correctly, before filling the application form. Candidates should save the application print copy for future use.
- The applicant should belong to the state of Tamil Nadu and ought to have completed their class XII from the state.
- Candidates who do not belong to the state of Tamil Nadu but have completed class XII from the state are also eligible to apply.
- Wards of central government employees can apply for admissions irrespective of whether they are natives of the state provided their parents or guardians have been serving in the state of Tamil Nadu for the past five years continuously.
- Such candidates are required to submit a certificate in support of this, issued by the employer of his/her parent or guardian.
- Tamil Nadu native candidates who have completed class XII from schools situated outside the state are also eligible to apply provided they submit a valid nativity certificate. The nativity certificate should be enclosed in the digital format.
- Wards of the public sector or government employees may also apply irrespective of their domicile provided their parent/guardian has been employed in the state of Tamil Nadu for the past five years continuously and they produce a certificate of evidence to this end.
- Admissions are also open towards all India service Tamil Nadu cadre officers.
- The age of the candidate should not be less than 18 years & not exceed 25 years.
- For the reserved category candidates, there is age relaxation as per the university rules.
- Passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with PCM as a compulsory subject from a recognized board is required to apply.
- Candidates have to score 50% marks (General Category), 45% marks (OBC Category) & 40% marks (MBC, DNC, SC, ST & SCA Category) in the above qualification.
- The application fee will be Rs. 500/- for the general candidates.
- The application fee will be Rs. 250/- for reserved candidates.
- The application fee can be paid through Online Mode.
- The candidates will get admission on the basis of class XII percentage.
- The admission in various engineering colleges will be done through the merit list only.
- The importance will be given to the candidates who have scored good marks in class XII.
- The cut-off is the minimum mark which is required by the candidate for admission.
- After the completion of the application process, the conducting authority will release the cut-off.
- The cut-off will be published through online mode.
- The cut-off will be made depending on the various factors such as the number of candidates, availability of seats, 10+2 performance of the candidate, etc.
TNEA 2022 Counselling
TNEA Counselling will be conducted in the month of July. The candidates will be allotted to the colleges during the counseling process. The candidates will be called for counseling as per their performance in the class 12th examination. Admission will be done strictly on merit basis.
Documents required during Counselling
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Identity Proof
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Six passport size photographs
TNEA 2022 Admission
- Candidates will have to verify their documents in the respective colleges and then pay the admission fees.
- Candidates have to report in the allotted colleges and submit the fees and complete the admission formalities.