TNEA Counselling 2023: To carry out the admissions to the UG engineering courses in the colleges of Tamil Nadu, TNEA Counselling 2023 will be done by Anna University every year. The candidates will get admission on the basis of their class XII percentage. Below are the details regarding TNEA Counselling 2023 with the list of institutes participating and also the reservation criteria.
TNEA 2023 Important Dates
|Last date to submit the filled-in application
|1st week of June 2023
|Allotting of random number
|3rd week of June 2023
|Starting of the Counselling
|4th week of June 2023
TNEA Counselling 2023
- The counseling will be conducted in the month of July.
- The candidates will be allotted to the colleges during the counseling process.
- The candidates will be called for counseling as per their performance in the class 12th examination.
- Admission will be done strictly on merit basis.
Process for TNEA Counselling 2023
- The list of eligible applicants for each round will be published
- Applicants will be required to pay a fee (given below) towards the initial deposit through online mode.
- Candidates must fill in their choices of courses and colleges in the order of their preference within three days.
- On the basis of the merit list and order of preference of choices entered by the candidates, the seat allotment will be announced.
- Candidates have to log in and confirm their allotment within the next two days, to check the provisional allotment.
- Candidates not allotted any seat can opt to participate in the next round.
- Such candidates can also opt to participate in the next round.
- After consideration of the allotment options received from the applicants, the final allotment will be announced.
- Once the final allotment is done, candidates are required to report to their allotted colleges within the stipulated time.
- The reporting time will be announced by the university.
- Candidates of General Category will be required to pay a fee of Rs.5000 towards initial deposit through online mode.
- Candidates of SC/SCA/ST Category will be required to pay a fee of Rs. 1,000 towards initial deposit through online mode.
Documents required during Counselling
- Class X mark sheet and passing certificate
- Class XII mark sheet and passing certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Identity Proof
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Six passport-size photographs
- After the counseling is over the TNEA Admission process will commence.
- Candidates will have to verify their documents in the respective colleges and then pay the admission fees.
- Candidates have to report in the allotted colleges and submit the fees and complete the admission formalities.
List of Participating Institutes for TNEA Counselling 2023
- College of Engineering, Anna University, Chennai
- Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Hosur
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai
Reservation of Seats for TNEA Counselling 2023
|Open Competition (OC)
|Backward Class (BC)
|Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities (MBC & DNC
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)
Number of Seats
|Number of Seats for General
|Number of Seats for SC/ST
|Anna University, Chennai
- The candidates will get admission on the basis of class XII percentage.
- The admission in various engineering colleges will be done through the merit list only.
- The importance will be given to the candidates who have scored good marks in class XII.
- The cut-off is the minimum mark that is required by the candidate for admission.
- After the completion of the application process, the conducting authority will release the cut-off.
- The cut-off will be published online mode.
- The cut-off will be made depending on the various factors such as the number of candidates, availability of seats, 10+2 performance of the candidate, etc.