National Testing Agency (NTA) to Conduct JEE Main and Other Exams
The Ministry of HRD department has recently put the foundation of National Testing Agency (NTA). News reports have confirmed the news that the agency will act as an autonomous organization which will conduct some of the entrance exams of CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). The NTA will initially conduct those entrance exams which are held by the CBSE. Official notification regarding the same has not been released yet. The exams will be conducted online at least twice a year and there will be other changes. Candidates will get an adequate opportunity to the candidates to bring out their best, said by Mr. Kushwaha told Lok Sabha. IIT Kanpur Director, Professor Abhay Karandikar told that the team of the experts for the conduct of the exams has been formulated.
What is NTA?
National Testing Agency is a society, registered as an autonomous self-sustained premier testing organization. The agency has been developed to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions. NTA is going to take over the conduct of exams from CBSE. NTA is going to hold all the exams which CBSE has been holding now including JEE Main, NEET, UGC NET, CTET, JNV.
- NTA will be chaired by an eminent educationist appointed by MHRD.
- The CEO will be the Director-General to be appointed by the Government.
- There will be a Board of Governors comprising members from user institutions.
- The Director-General will be assisted by 9 verticals headed by academicians/ experts.
Changes with NTA
- All these exams will be conducted twice in a year.
- It will help the students to relieve mounting pressure such as to either pass the examination or wait for the one more year to get admission.
- All the exams will be held through online mode.
- Other examinations will be taken up gradually after NTA is fully geared up.
- In order to serve the requirements of the rural students, the agency will locate examination centers at sub-district/district level.
- For candidates who were not able to secure a seat one time and who could not appear for the exam due to certain reasons will also get another opportunity to crack the exam.
- The exam pattern and syllabus will remain the same for both the upcoming examinations.
Advice for Preparing Candidates
- There is no such news report showing that the eligibility criteria may change, whether or not NTA conducts it.
- Keep your preparations ongoing for the state level/university level engineering entrance exams.
- Keep your preparation going as if there is a single exam then also you can be prepared for it and do well in it.