GCET 2024: Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa conducts one of the most popular entrance examinations called the Goa Common Entrance Test. The exam will be conducted to provide admission in various undergraduate courses such as in architecture, engineering, medical and so on. It is a state-level entrance exam which is conducted once in a year. The authority conducts the entrance examination at the various examination center. Each year huge numbers of interested candidates appear in this examination to get admission in a suitable college. Candidates can find all the important details about GCET 2024 in the following article.
Important Dates for GCET 2024 (Tentative)
|Application form’s notification will out from||4th week of March 2024|
|The final date of submitting the application form||4th week of April 2024|
|GCET 2024 Examination will be conducted on||1st week of May 2024|
|The result will be out on||2nd week of May 2024|
|The first round of admission||4th week of May 2024|
|The second round of admission||2nd week of July 2024|
- GCET is open to Indian nationals.
- Non-resident Indians holding Indian passport may apply for seats reserved under NRI category.
- B.Sc. Nursing: Passed HSSC with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/PH Candidates).
- B. Pharma: Passed 10+2 examination of the Goa Board or its equivalent with English, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects with one of the following subjects Mathematics/Bio-Technology/Computer Science /Biology.
- Engineering: Passed 10+2 or equivalent exam candidates with 45% marks are eligible to apply (40% for SC/ST/PH Candidates). English, Mathematics, and Physics as compulsory subjects with additional subject among one of the Biotechnology/ Computer Science/ Biology/ Chemistry.
- B.Arch.: Candidates must be pass 10+2 with PCM. Candidates must have scored 50% marks for the general group and 45% for SC/ST/PH Candidates.
- BHMS and AHS: Candidates must be pass 10+2 with PCB. Candidates must have scored 50% marks for the general group and 40% for SC/ST/PH Candidates.
- Appearing candidates in the final year of the qualifying exam can apply.
- Candidates must have competed for the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the academic year of admission.
- No age limit, minimum or maximum, is specified for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
- NATA: The NATA scorecard will be considered for providing admissions into Architecture courses.
- NEET: NEET scorecard will be valid for getting admission in Medicine, Dentistry BHMS (Homeopathy) and BAMS (Ayurveda) courses.
GCET 2024 Application Form
Application forms will be available on the official website so all the interested candidates who want to appear in the GCET 2024, they can download the application form. Make sure before doing that, you have understood all the instructions regarding the GCET 2024 exam. Candidates can get the application form and brochure from the various designated centers in Goa. The application form can also be received by post by sending a DD to the Director of Technical Education at Panaji. Candidate can also download the application form from the official website. Fill all the details and submit it. Take the print out of the filed in application form and send it to the official address.
- The application fee to fill the form will be Rs. 2000/-.
- Candidates can submit the application fee through offline mode.
- The fee can be paid through by Demand Draft payable at Panaji, in favor of “Director of Technical Education” drawn on any Scheduled Bank, or any other approved form of remittance.
- 75 questions will be in the question paper from each subject.
- There will be 1 mark for each correct answer.
- There is no provision of negative marking.
- The duration of the exam will be 6 hours.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
GCET 2024 Counselling
The GCET Counseling will be done through offline mode. The authority will release the admission form after the declaration of result to participate in the counseling. A Selection list with the names of the selected candidates will be published. Candidates have to report the allotted college after the seat allotment. The report along with all required original documents.
- The syllabus of GCET is based on the syllabus prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education.
- Questions will be from Standard XIIth (Science) examination for the current year.
- The subjects in the syllabus are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.