HPU B.Sc Nursing 2024: Himachal Pradesh University has come up with a great opportunity, under which admission to the B.Sc Nursing course is being offered to the female candidates. Hence, the interested candidates can apply for it through the online application available on the official website. The applicants then have to appear for the HPU B.Sc nursing entrance test 2024.
Thereafter, the candidates who clear the cut-off marks will be called for the final selection round. Also, a merit list will be prepared where the names of the shortlisted candidates will be declared. Lastly, these candidates will be called for the final counseling round based on which the candidates for the HPU B.Sc nursing course will be selected. So, to gather more information about the HPU B.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2024 read the following article in detail.
HPU B.Sc Nursing 2024: Highlights
An overview of the HPU B.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2024 is tabulated below to summarize the details of the entrance exam.
|Name of the university||Himachal Pradesh University|
|Purpose||HPU B.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2024|
|Selection Process||On the basis of performance in the HPU B.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2024|
|Website||http://www.hpuniv.ac.in/ or https://admissions.hpushimla.in/|
HPU B.Sc Nursing 2024: Important Dates
The date sheet of various events towards the entrance test is given below. So, following this schedule, no candidates will miss any of the important events to appear in the B.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2024:
|Application Procedure Begins||Mid-week of July 2024|
|Last date to submit Application Form||The first week of August 2024|
|Hall ticket||Mid-week of August 2024|
|Entrance Test||Third week of Aug 2024|
|Answer Key Release||End week of August 2024|
|Test Result||End week of August 2024|
|Merit List||The first week of September 2024|
|New Session||Third to the fourth week of September|
Here are certain eligibility criteria for aspirants to appear in the B.Sc Nursing Entrance exam. Therefore, only the candidates fulfilling all the eligibility criteria are considered for the HPU B.Sc Nursing course selection process. So, find out whether you are eligible or not before applying from the information described below:
- The candidates must have passed class XII from a recognized board. Also, the students who are appearing for the final examination can apply for the nursing course if they can gather all the required documents during the counseling round.
- However, the students must have a science background in XII standard with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory subjects.
- Besides this, the candidates must have gained a minimum of 45% in the individual subject as well as in overall result.
- Still, there is a relaxation of 5% for the students of the SC and ST category.
Age Criteria- In order to appear in the HPU B.Sc nursing entrance test 2024, the candidate must be between 17 to 35 years of age.
Domicile: The exam is open only for the female candidates who possess a domicile certificate of Himachal Pradesh. Or the Himachal Govt. female employees and employees of autonomous bodies wholly or partially financed by the Himachal Pradesh Government can appear for the admission process.
Management Seats- There are certain seats reserved under the management quota for private colleges. So, 50% of available seats are considered management seats and these are available for both Himachali and Non-Himachali candidates.
HPU B.Sc Nursing Application Process
The admission forms for the HPU B.Sc Nursing entrance exam will be released online on the official portal on the specified schedule. So, the candidates have to follow the given procedure to apply securely for the same:
- Visit the official website, i.e. http://www.hpuniv.ac.in/, and click on the “registration” tab.
- Thereafter, details like name, date of birth, category, contact number, email ID must be provided on the specified fields.
- Once the registration process is completed successfully, important login credentials (Registration ID and Password) will be sent to the registered email ID and contact number.
- Further, the candidate can log in to the dashboard by entering the login credentials.
- Later, the students have to add personal information, education background, examination center, category (if any), etc.
- Finally, the scanned photograph and signature are required to be uploaded. Also, while uploading the documents, the specified format must be followed as given below:
|Photograph||100 KB||.jpeg or .jpg|
|Signature||100 KB||.jpeg or .jpg|
- Once all the documents are uploaded successfully, candidates will be redirected to the payment window for the application fee.
- Hence, the application fee can be deposited online via credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- The application fee for the general or OBC category candidates is RS. 1600, while for the SC/ST/EWS candidates is Rs. 800 only.
- Lastly, the candidates are required to take a printout of the filled-in application form as it will be used in future references.
Syllabus and Exam Pattern
- The syllabus of NCERT textbooks of classes XI and XII will be covered in the B.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2024.
- The medium of examination for HPU B.Sc Nursing will be English and it will be 2 hours long.
- Overall, there will be a total of 100 questions. Also, these will be of objective type MCQs with four alternatives.
- Besides this, the paper will be divided into 5 sections of Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English, and GK questions. Further, 25 questions will be asked from Bio, Physics, and Chemistry each. However, 15 questions will be asked from the English and the remaining 10 from GK.
Result and Cutoff Percentage
Once the HPU B.Sc Nursing Entrance Test 2024 will be conducted successfully, the result will be declared online on the official website as per the scheduled date. Since only those students who have cleared the cut-off marks are considered eligible for admission, so, the candidates must know the standard cut-off marks. For General category candidates, the cut-off percentage is 35% while the reserved category candidates have to score only 30%.
Thus, all the applicants who have appeared for the entrance exam can access the result by login into the dashboard and providing the login credentials. Thereafter, the result will be displayed on the screen with scores secured in each section and overall marks. Also, the application number, name of the candidate, category, etc. will be displayed on the result.
Merit List and Counselling
Lastly, the merit list will be declared based on the marks on the entrance exam. It consists of the names of shortlisted candidates for the final round. If in any case, there is a tie between two or more candidates, then the marks in the individual section will be considered. However, if the tie still persists, then the candidates will be shortlisted based on age, and the older individual will be given preference.
Once the merit list is released officially, the final shortlisted candidates have to appear for the B.Sc Nursing Counselling session in the designated center. Further, it will be conducted in two rounds: document verification and the seat allotment process. So, they must bring education mark sheets, category certificates, domiciles, income certificates, etc. to the counseling center. Finally, the selected candidates have to deposit a fee of Rs. 10,000/- on the day of counseling to secure admission to the allotted college.