IARI Ph.D Admission 2023: Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi is the leading institute in the country for agricultural research and education. It offers Ph.D. in 26 various disciplines in Agriculture. It has 20 divisions in total with 5 multi-disciplinary centers in Delhi & 8 regional stations. IARI conducts a separate entrance examination for Postgraduate and Ph.D. courses. The admission to the Ph.D. course is based on the entrance examination + academic score + interview. For more details about IARI Ph.D Admission, read the following article.
Specialization provided through IARI Ph.D Admission
|Agronomy||Fruit science||Seed Science and Technology|
|Biochemistry||Plant Pathology||Water Science and Technology|
|Bioinformatics||Plant Physiology||Molecular Biology and Biotechnology|
|Entomology||Vegetable science||Food Science & Post Harvest Technology|
|Genetics||Computer Application||Soil Science and Agricultural chemistry|
|Microbiology||Environmental Sciences||Floriculture and landscape architecture|
|Nematology||Plant Genetic Resources||Agricultural Chemicals/ Economics/ Engineering/ Extension/ Physics/ Statistics|
- A Master’s degree such as M.Sc./ M.Sc. (Ag.)/ M.Tech/ ME degree in the concerned discipline is required to apply.
- The above qualification should be passed with a minimum of 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ ST/ PC candidates).
- Candidates must satisfy one of the qualifications according to program and discipline to which admission is sought.
- Agricultural Chemicals: Agricultural Chemicals / Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry / Environmental Science / Chemistry
- Agricultural Engineering: Agricultural Engineering / Dairy Engineering / Water Science and Technology ; M.Sc. in Dairy Engineering are eligible for Ph.D. in Agricultural Processing and Structures (Prerequisite; B.Sc. / B.Tech. / B.E. in Agricultural Engineering)
- Agricultural Physics: Agricultural Physics / Agricultural Chemistry / Soil Science / Agricultural Meteorology / Meteorology / Agricultural Engineering / Engineering / Physics / Biophysics / Water Science and Technology/ Geo-informatics/Remote Sensing
- Agronomy: Agronomy / Water Science and Technology/Water Management
- Bioinformatics: Sc. / M.Tech. in Bioinformatics / Molecular Biology or Biotechnology / Computer Science / Computer Application / Agricultural Sciences / Life Sciences and equivalent post graduate degree in science.
- Entomology: Entomology / Agricultural Entomology / Zoology or Plant Protection with Entomology as specialization / Relevant Life Sciences
- Genetics: Genetics and / OR Plant Breeding / Plant Genetic Resources / any other branch of Biological Sciences with Genetics and / OR Plant Breeding as a subject
- Microbiology: Microbiology / Agricultural Microbiology / Soil Science and / OR Agricultural Chemistry / Genetics / Botany / Agricultural Botany / Molecular Biology and / OR Biotechnology / Relevant Life Sciences / Biochemistry with Microbiology as a special subject/ Environmental Microbiology/ Industrial Microbiology
- Nematology: Nematology / Entomology / Zoology / Botany / Mycology and / OR Plant Pathology / Relevant Life Sciences / Molecular Biology and / OR Biotechnology / Plant Protection / Helminthology / Agricultural Entomology / Agricultural Microbiology
- Plant Pathology: Mycology and/OR Plant Pathology / Botany / Agricultural Botany / Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology / Genetics / Microbiology / Seed Science and Technology / Biochemistry / Plant Genetic Resources / Plant Protection / Relevant Life Sciences with Mycology and Plant Pathology as specialization/Bioinformatics
- Seed Science and Technology: Seed Science and Technology / Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding / Plant Physiology / Crop Physiology / Mycology and/OR Plant Pathology / Entomology / Nematology / Botany / Agricultural Botany / Plant Genetic Resources
- Water Science and Technology: Water Science and Technology / Agricultural Physics / Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics (with Physical Sciences in Bachelors Degree Level) / M.Tech. in Agril. Engineering / Civil Engineering
- Vegetable Science: Horticulture or Agriculture with major in Olericulture/ Vegetable Science/Vegetable Breeding/ Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/Plant Genetic Resources with a specialization in Vegetable Science
- Agricultural Economics: Agricultural Economics / Dairy Economics/ Livestock Economics/ Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation/ Fisheries Economics
- Agricultural Extension: Agricultural Extension / Extension Education / Dairy Extension / Fisheries Extension / Livestock Extension / Home Science Extension / Agril. Extension and Communication / Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension
- Agricultural Statistics: Agricultural Statistics / Statistics / Mathematical Statistics / Biostatistics
- Biochemistry: Biochemistry / Agricultural Biochemistry / Agricultural Chemistry / Molecular Biology and / OR Biotechnology / Biophysics / Relevant discipline of Life Sciences / Chemistry with Organic Chemistry as a special subject/ Plant Physiology
- Computer Application: Sc. / MCA / M.Tech. / M.E. in Computer Science / Computer Application/ Computer Engineering / Computer Science Engineering / Information Technology / M.Tech. Agricultural Engineering / M.Tech. in Post Harvest Technology
- Environmental Sciences: Environmental Sciences / Physical Sciences / Biological Sciences / Chemistry / any branch of Agricultural Sciences / Life Sciences/Chemical Sciences / Relevant Life Sciences
- Food Science & Post Harvest Technology: For Post Harvest Technology of Horticultural Crops: Horticulture / Post Harvest Technology / Food Science & Technology For Post Harvest Engineering and Technology: Agricultural Processing and Structures / Food Engineering / Post Harvest Engineering / Biochemical Engineering
- Molecular Biology and Biotechnology: Molecular Biology and / OR Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Agricultural Biochemistry / Botany / Agricultural. Botany / Genetics and / OR Plant Breeding / Relevant Life Sciences / Microbiology / Agricultural Microbiology / Plant Genetic Resources/Bioinformatics
- Plant Genetic Resources: Plant Genetic Resources / Genetics / Plant Breeding / Agricultural Botany / Horticulture / Plant Biotechnology / Seed Science & Technology / Plant Physiology / any other branch of Biological Sciences with specialization in these subjects and/or Plant Taxonomy / Economic Botany/Biotechnology
- Plant Physiology: Plant Physiology / Crop Physiology / Botany / Agricultural Botany / Biochemistry / Relevant Life Sciences / Molecular Biology and/OR Biotechnology / Plant Genetic Resources/Bio Science/Plant Science
- Soil Science and Agricultural chemistry: Soil Science and/OR Agricultural Chemistry / Chemistry / Agricultural Physics with specialization in Soil Physics / Environmental Sciences with specialization in Soil Science/Agricultural Microbiology with specialization in Soil Science
- Fruit Science: Horticulture or Agriculture with major in Fruit Science/ Pomology/Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/Plant Genetic Resources/Plant Physiology with specialization in any of the above discipline of Fruit Science/Physiology/Water Science and Technology
- Floriculture and landscape architecture: Horticulture or Agriculture with major in Floriculture/Post Harvest Technology of Horticultural Crops/Genetics and/OR Plant Breeding/Plant Genetic Resources/Plant Physiology/Crop Physiology with specialization in Floriculture
IARI Ph.D Admission 2023 Application Form
Visit the official website to fill the application form of IARI Ph.D. Admission. Provide all the personal information and register yourself. Upload all the required scanned educational documents and scanned copies of photograph and signature. Pay the application fee as given below. Take a print out of the form and send it along with self-attested documents to the official address.
Check Here: Ph.D. Admission Notification 2023
Documents to send with the Application Form
- Master’s Degree Certificate along with the Mark sheets.
- Class 10th Mark sheet as a proof of Date of Birth.
- Certificate for those students who are appearing in their Master’s Degree final year examination.
- Category certificate, if applicable.
- Copy of Bank counterfoil with details of NEFT transfer fee: Name & Branch of Bank; Transaction ID; Date of Payment.
- The application process is online as well as offline.
- Download the application form through the website.
- Submit the application form with the application fee of INR 1000/-(General) & INR 500/-(SCs/STs).
The admission to the Ph.D. course is based on the following factors
- Entrance examination (80% weightage)
- Academic score (10% weightage)
- Interview (10% weightage)
|Criteria||Maximum Marks (%)|
|Previous Academic Record||10%|
- The entrance exam will be divided into 3 parts.
- Students need at least 50% marks 45% for SC/ ST/ PC.
- Paper I will cater to questions from General Agriculture Paper II & III will have subject-specific questions.
- Only the qualified students will be called for an interview.
- Previous academic records will be considered while making the final merit list.
Check Here for Official Details: https://www.iari.res.in/