ICMR JRF 2024: The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) organizes the JRF examination (ICMR). New Delhi is home to the ICMR. At its institutes, JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) courses permit learners to do effective studies in the field of biomedical natural and social sciences.
Each year, the Indian Council of Medical Research, New Delhi, conducts ICMR JRF for students interested in pursuing a career in medical science. The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) in New Delhi hosts the ICMR JRF Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) scheme, which offers enrollment to research and Ph.d. degrees.
The admittance is dependent on the student’s eligibility is determined by an entrance exam. Under the Department of Health Research, MOH & FW, the ICMR is the Apex Authority for the formation, administration, and encouragement of biomedical research. Here, you will find all the details about the ICMR JRF 2024 such as the Important Dates, Registration Form, Criteria, Exam Pattern, and Syllabus.
ICMR JRF 2024 Important Dates
|Registration starts from||4th week of Apr 2024|
|Online application ends on||1st week of May 2024|
|Depositing of fee through the payment gateway||4th week of May 2024|
|Date of Entrance Exam||4th week of July 2024|
Prior to actually completing the application form for the ICMR JRF, applicants should understand the eligibility requirements. A student’s fellowship will be terminated if he or she is determined to be unqualified.
- Applicants in the unreserved category have a maximum age limit of 28 years.
- Those who fall within the OBC category have been offered a three-year reprieve. The maximum age for such applicants is 31.
- The maximum age limit for applicants from the SC/ST/PWD categories is 33 years (relaxation of 5 years). Female applicants can apply for the ICMR JRF 2024 till they are 33 years old.
- An M.Sc/M.A from an accredited university is required.
Minimum Passing Percentage in the Written Test.
|Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)/Online|
|Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Sections in Exam||There are 2 Sections in the Exam|
|Marking Structure||A right response is awarded one mark, whereas a wrong answer will deduct 0.25 marks.|
The paper will be divided into two parts, each lasting one hour.
- The Aptitude Section (Section A) will consist of 50 questions related to:
- Scientific Situations in Daily Life;
- General Knowledge in the field of Sciences; and
- Common statistics.
- All of these questions will be mandatory, and each one would be valued at one mark.
- The topic Relevant Sections (Section B & C) would cover (B) Life Sciences and (C) Social Sciences, respectively.
- Each part B and C would contain 100 questions, and the applicant must answer any 75 of these from the pre-designed section B or C.
- The platform will not enable an applicant to answer over 75 questions on the digital computer-based test. Applicants must also specify their preference for Section B or C on the online application.
ICMR JRF 2024: Syllabus
|General Aptitude||Scientific Situations in Daily Life, Common Statistics, and General Knowledge of Sciences|
|Life Sciences||microbiology, biochemistry, physiology, genetics, human nutrition, human biology, molecular biology, biotechnology, immunology, biophysics, pharmacology, environmental sciences, zoology, botany, bio-informatics, and veterinary science|
|Social Sciences||sociology, psychology, home sciences, anthropology, statistics, social work, and health economics|
ICMR JRF 2024: Selection Procedure
- The application form is the first step in the ICMR JRF selection procedure. The ICMR JRF registration form 2024 is accessible on the ICMR and PGIMER websites. Candidates interested in applying for the ICMR Junior Research Fellowship 2024 can do so online until August 8, 2024.
- Students who are done with the application process shall receive admit cards. It will be sent out 15 days before the ICMR JRF 2024 Applicants will next be required to take an online exam. The ICMR JRF 2024 exam results will be posted on the official sites.
- The applicants who passed the exam will be placed on two different merit listings. The first will contain the names of all those who pass the biological sciences, while the second will contain the names of all those who pass the social sciences. The chosen individuals will also have 6 months to join the Ph.D. Program at a UGC/MCI-accredited institution. This Ph.D. course, on the other hand, will be unrelated to the research fellowship.
Centers for the Exam
ICMR JRF 2024 Answer Key
The ICMR JRF Answer Key is available for download on the official website. After three days have passed just after the exam, the answer key will be made available. With the aid of an answer sheet or the marking scheme, applicants may determine their likely score. Applicants can then determine if they’re not qualified or have qualified for the test. All who pass the test are considered for fellowship. Candidates can check the answer key once it has been released and keep it on the website for future use.
ICMR JRF 2024: Stipend & Duration
- The fellowship would be for a two-year period in the beginning. Throughout this time, the fellow will serve as a Junior Research Fellow and would be paid Rs 31,000 monthly as an honorarium.
- The term of the position might be extended for yet another three years depending on the candidate’s performance during the same. The fellowship will be elevated to a Senior Research Fellowship after that. A monthly stipend of Rs 35,000 would be paid to a Senior Research Fellow.
- An applicant would be eligible for a ‘Contingent Grant’ of Rs 20,000 per year in addition to the remuneration. This award could be used to buy necessary records and documents, buy chemical compounds and reagents, pay for stationery and postage, pay for the application fees for academic meetings, and pay for train tickets for outstation excursions.