M.Sc Agriculture is a two-year postgraduate program offered by a number of accredited universities around the country. Agricultural studies and different scientific procedures that are engaged in agriculture are the focus of the course. Applicants must hold a B.Sc Degree from a recognized university in topics such as Agriculture, Forestry, or Horticulture to be qualified for the program.
M.Sc Agriculture admission can be either direct or based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance exam. Most schools and universities, on the other hand, require students to take an entrance exam before being accepted.
Eligibility Criteria Required for M.Sc Agriculture
Applicants interested in pursuing a Master’s degree in Agriculture must meet the following requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, or Forestry from a recognized university is required.
- He or she must have received a minimum of 50% in the aggregate for the degree.
University Offering M.Sc Agriculture
- UBKV M.Sc Admission 2024 Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
- BCKV Admission 2024 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility Criteria
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
Here, we have listed some of the common entrance tests for admission to the M.Sc in Agriculture course:
- AGRICET 2024: AGRICET is a standard entrance exam for admittance to the M.sc in Agriculture program at Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University. From May through June, application forms are available online, and the exam is given in July.
- PAU MET 2024: Every year, the PAU MET test is used to admit M.Sc students to Punjab Agricultural University. The test is held in June, and the registration forms are available in April.
- ICAR AIEEA 2024: The ICAR is considered to be an all-India entrance test for enrollment to the country’s agricultural programs. The exam applications are distributed in February, with the examination taking place in April.
- CUET 2024: Central university common entrance examination is a national-level exam for admission to India’s central institutions.
- MCAER PG CET 2024: The Maharashtra Council of Agriculture Education & Research administers an entrance exam for enrollment to Maharashtra colleges’ different postgraduate programs, including M.Sc Agriculture. The exam will be held in March, and registration forms will be released in January.
|Test||Duration||Tentative Application Date||Tentative Examination Date|
|AGRICET||1 hour 30 minutes||June 2024||July 2024|
|ICAR AIEEA||2 hour 30 minutes||March 2024||June 2024|
|MCAER PG CET||2 hours||January 2024||March 2024|
|CUCET||2 hours||March 2024||May 2024|
|PAU MET||2 hours||April 2024||June 2024|
M.Sc Agriculture 2024: Syllabus
The M.Sc. Agriculture curriculum varies from college to institution. The core subjects, nevertheless, will stay the same. The following are among the course’s key topics:
|Agricultural Economics & Farm Management||Plant Physiology|
|Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry||Plant Breeding & Genetics|
|Agronomy||Food Science & Technology|
M.Sc Agriculture Admission Procedure
Enrollment to the M.Sc Agriculture program is determined by the student’s graduation and entrance exam scores.
The application forms are available from January through June. As a result, after a student has selected which institution they want to apply to, they must complete the application form. The date of the entrance exam is then announced, and if the applicant passes the entrance exam, he or she will be considered for admittance. There are three fundamental phases to the admissions process.
Stage 1: Application form filling
The first stage in the admissions process is to complete the application form. Entrance forms are available in both online and offline formats. Students must meticulously fill out the application and submit the application cost.
Stage 2: Appearing for the Entrance Exam
If a student meets all of the qualifying requirements, he or she will be invited to take the admissions exam. This comprises various topics in graduation that are largely covered in the M.Sc Agriculture admission test. The college officials set the cut-off for the admission test. If the applicant does well on the entrance exam and meets the cut-off, he or she will be contacted for the next step in the admission process.
Stage 3: M.Sc Agriculture college admission
The final stage is to apply for college admission. The candidates who have been selected for admission will be contacted. Students must submit all needed papers and apply for enrollment to the college of their choosing.
Top Colleges & Fees
The following are the top colleges/universities in India for M.Sc. Agriculture enrollment:
|College/University||Annual Average Fee||Admission|
|Punjab Agriculture University, Ludhiana||Rs. 1,47,000/-||PAU MET|
|Acharya NG Ranga Agriculture University, Guntur||Rs. 60,000/-||AGRICET|
|University of Calcutta, Kolkata||Rs. 26,000/-||CET|
|Tamil Nadu Agriculture University, Coimbatore||Rs. 90,000/-||TNAU|
|Chandigarh University||Rs. 1,92,200/-||CUCET|
Career Options after M.Sc Agriculture
Agriculture is among India’s as well as the world’s fastest-growing industries. With the rise in agricultural production, the demand for specialists has grown. After earning a Master’s degree in the Agricultural field, one might work in either the public or private industries.
Jobs in the government sector are available at organizations such as:
- States Farms Corporation of India,
- National Seeds Corporation Limited
Job openings at the Indian Agricultural Research Institute include:
- Research Officer,
- Agriculture Assistant,
- Agriculture Officer,
- District Superintendent of Agriculture
Applicants in the private sector can expect to work in positions such as:
- Trial Co-ordinator
- Territory Manager,
- Agriculture Officer,
- Technical Manager
Future of M.Sc Agriculture
- Alumni of the M.Sc. Agriculture program can pursue a career in teaching and teach at a variety of institutions. He or she might potentially seek a Ph.D. Progam in a field of interest.
- Students might also look for work in the public and private sectors. Many firms offer high-paying employment to M.Sc. in Agriculture students.
- Students will have to take a variety of admission exams in order to apply for employment in the government sector. They will also take the UPSC exam.
- Government banks are also on the lookout for M.Sc. in Agriculture graduates to work in positions that include providing agricultural loans to farmers.
Agriculture is a significant part of India’s economy. The ever-increasing need for food necessitates the application of sophisticated agricultural technology. M.Sc Agriculture is concerned with modern farming practices as well as agricultural science. The course will teach students how to grasp a variety of cutting-edge technology that will aid in the growth of the farming business.
1 thought on “M.Sc Agriculture 2024-25 Admission Form, Exam Date, Eligibility Criteria”
msc agrri 2023 ADMISSON