BHM Admission 2022: The Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) program is a three-year undergraduate program in the hospitality business. A few institutions and universities also offer this as a four-year program. Hospitality Management, Travel and Lodging Management, Hotel Administrative structure, and Culinary Management are just a few of the specialties available in Hotel Management degrees. Short-term certification programs, diploma programs, UG and PG hotel management programs with specialties in hospitality management, food service, and tourism are all offered.
Eligibility for BHM Admission
- Candidate must have 10+2 qualification from a recognized board, with English as a subject.
- The candidate must have attained at least 55% in the 12th. There is some relaxation in the Minimum required percentage for candidates from categories other than generals like ST, SC, EWS, and OBC.
- There are some age-limit barriers in some universities or colleges. Generally, the age limit preferred is 18-24 years.
- If you’re seeking lateral entrance, you’ll need a minimum of a 50 percent score on a three-year diploma in hotel management or an equivalent.
- The bachelor of hotel management admission 2022 can be performed via merit-based procedure or via an entrance examination-based procedure depending upon the college or university.
BHM Admission Procedure
BHM admissions are frequently merit-based, however, few universities and institutes administer their assessment exams.
- Entrance Examination: At the college level, only a few colleges perform their own entrance exams, although there are several national admission examinations as well. Candidates are invited to counseling and group meetings sessions after passing the examination.
- Merit-Based: Candidates can also apply for BHM colleges based on merit. Only a few of these merit-based BHM-offering institutions accept applications. These colleges accept applications both online and offline. You must fill out the form with your personal information, educational qualifications, and other information. Following the final deposit of the application fee, you must wait for the institutions to disclose the merit list.
- Lateral Entry: Lateral Entry admissions are when you are enrolled straight into the second year of your chosen program. You must have finished your diploma in the relevant subject in order to do so. The qualifying conditions for the same vary per institute, generally candidates must have a 3-year diploma in hotel administration or equivalent after completing their 10+2 education.
BHM Admission 2022 Important Dates
|University/Exams||Application Date||Closing date||Exam Date|
|NCHMCT JEE||January 2022||March 2022||April 2022|
|AIHMCT||June 2022||July 2022||August 2022|
|UPSEE||April 2022||July 2022||August 2022|
|AIMS, Banglore||January 2022 (Tentative)||March 2022 (Tentative)||June 2022 (Tentative)|
|Christ University||December 2022 (Tentative)||March 2022 (Tentative)||June 2022 (Tentative)|
|GNIHM JET||March 2022 (Tentative)||April 2022 (Tentative)||June 2022 (Tentative)|
Syllabus for Bachelors of Hotel Management
The subjects to be taught in a 3-year program after the bachelor in Hotel Management admission 2022 are as follows:
The subjects to be taught in the first year of the course are Hotel Engineering Communication, Accountancy, Foundation Course in Front Office, Nutrition, Foundation Course in Food and Beverage Service, Foundation Course in Tourism, Application of Computers, Principles of Food Science and many more.
The subjects to be taught in the second year are Food Production Operations, Human Resource Management, Front Office Operations, Management in Tourism, Food and Beverage Operations, Industrial Training, Accommodation Operations, Communication Skills in English, Food Safety and Quality, Research Methodology, Hotel Accountancy and many more.
The subjects to be taught in the last year of the course are Facility Planning, Food and Beverage Management, Front Office Management, Accommodation Management, Advanced Food Operations Management, Strategic Management, Financial Management, and many more.
Average Annual Fee Structure For BHM
|College/University||Average Annual Fee|
|AIMS, Banglore||Rs. 1,20,000/-|
|Christ University||Rs. 3, 16,000/-|
|IHM, Delhi||Rs. 3,16,000/-|
|Army Institute of Hotel Management (AIMH), Banglore||Rs. 2,56,000/-|
|Welcome Group of Hotel Management, Karnataka||Rs. 3,68,000/-|
|Amity University, Noida||Rs. 3,18,000/-|
|SRM Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai||Rs. 1,15,000/-|
|Chitrakara College of Hospitality and Management, Chandigarh||Rs. 1,90,000/-|
|Chandigarh University||Rs. 1,68,000/-|
|Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management, West Bengal||Rs. 2,40,000/-|
Job Prospects after Bachelors of Hotel Management
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
In India, Hotel Management is among the highly preferred degrees. Because the job prospects after completing a hotel management or hospitality degree are virtually infinite in both the domestic and global markets, making it a useful program for anybody with the abilities necessary to thrive in the hotel management sector. After completing a hotel management program, career prospects are almost limitless. Students who complete a hotel management degree are able to find work not just in India, but also in countries such as New Zealand, Australia, the United Arab Emirates, European countries, and Canada. Following are some of the employment opportunities available to you if you have a bachelor’s degree in hotel management.
- Cruise liners have their own segment because they are among the most attractive hotel management professions. They maintain you in connection with a luxurious life while also providing you with the opportunity to cruise on some of the world’s most beautiful season gorgeous boats.
- Restaurants, Bars, and Clubs: Several hotel management professionals work in establishments such as restaurants, bars, and nightclubs. These, on the other hand, mostly hire qualified graduates for their culinary crew and management positions.
- Fast Food Chains: Fast food chains are one of the most successful companies in the world. Fast-food restaurants have a huge array of locations and may be found in even the smallest towns and cities.
- Airline Kitchens/In-Flight Operations: Airlines are a whole other important source of working professionals. Individuals with a recognized degree, diploma, or certificate program in hotel management are frequently hired by airline companies.
- DefenseHospitality and Catering Services: Both the marine and terrestrial branches of the defense services have openings for hospitality and catering positions. Candidates must have a certification or certificate in hotel management and the Food Industry.