IGNOU Admission 2023: IGNOU University offers a vast range of courses that are very economical and with flexible guidelines for eligibility. Indira Gandhi National Open University is the biggest university in India and the whole of Asia. Admission to various courses of IGNOU like graduate, postgraduate, diploma & certificate study programs is available throughout the academic year. Admission application forms are available online and at regional and study centers of the IGNOU. Candidates are advised to read the official advertisement from the official website before filling the form. Check here all the important information about IGNOU Admission 2023 such as Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Fee, Exam Pattern, Admit and Result, etc.
IGNOU Admission 2023: Important Dates
For July 2023 Session for (PG/UG/Diploma/Certificate Courses)
|Application Process Starts from||To be Updated|
|Application ends for all other Programmes on||Generally up to 31st July 2023|
|Application ends for Certificate Programmes on||Generally up to 15th July 2023|
For B.Ed. Entrance
|The application process starts with||3rd Week of June 2023|
|Last date to submit the application||1st week of July 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||2nd week of July 2023|
|Entrance Exam||4th week of July 2023|
|Announcement of Result||To be updated|
For Entrance Based Courses
|M.Phil & Ph.D.||Application starts from||July 2023|
|Last date to submit the application form||July 2023|
|Admit Card Released||August 2023|
|Exam date||August 2023|
|OPENMAT XLIV||Admission Form Available||October 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||November 2022|
|Date of exam||December 2022|
|OPENMAT XLIII||Admission Form Available||To be updated|
|Last date to submit the application form||To be updated|
|Date of exam||To be updated|
|B.Sc Nursing||Last date to submit the application form||August 2023|
|Date of exam||September 2023|
Check>> IGNOU Courses List
IGNOU Admission 2023 Application Form
Candidates are required to visit the official website of IGNOU for registration and fill and submit the application form. For B.Ed. and MBA courses, the application process will be available on the NTA website. Candidates can fill and submit the application form online mode. Before filling the application form, candidates must have to read the instruction carefully. The online application form will be issued from the website. The fee can be made through Credit Card (Master/Visa), Net Banking & Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay), or demand draft. No application form would be completed without the submission of the Application fee payment.
Check>> IGNOU B.Ed Application Form
|BCA||12th or equivalent exam passed & no age limit|
|BA & B.Com||Passed 12th or equivalent or BPP from IGNOU|
|BSW||Passed 12th or equivalent or BPP from IGNOU.|
|B.Sc||12th with science subjects or equivalent exam.|
|MCA||Bachelor degree of minimum three years from any recognized university and also hold the graduation or 12th level with mathematics subject & no age limit.|
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree in any stream or appearing in the final year will also eligible for apply.|
|MA, MSW||Bachelor or a higher degree from any recognized college.|
|PG Diploma in Rural Development||Bachelor’s degree.|
|Diploma in Dairy Technology||Passed 10+2 or equivalent or BPP from IGNOU.|
|Diploma in Tourism Studies||Passed 12th or equivalent or BPP from IGNOU.|
- The application fee will be Rs. 1000/- per course.
- The application fee for the B.Ed program will be Rs.600.
- The fee can be made through Credit Card (Master/Visa), Net Banking & Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay), or demand draft.
- The Program Fee for the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) program is Rs. 50,000/-.
- The exam pattern & syllabus will vary as per the courses opted by the students.
- Candidates can check their syllabus and exam pattern according to their opt course.
- The general topics covered in the entrance exams are attitude, quantitative analysis, logical reasoning, GK, etc.
For B.Ed. Entrance
- The Mode of Examination will be LAN Based CBT (Computer Based Test).
- The duration of the exam will be Two (02) Hours.
- There will be Multiple Choice Questions asked in the exam.
- The Maximum Marks will be 100.
- 1 Mark for the correct response will be given.
- There will be no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- The medium of Paper will be ENGLISH and Hindi.
- The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of the university.
- Candidates will have to take the admit card with them at the examination center otherwise, they will not get entry into the examination hall.
- The admit card shall have the applicants’ name, date of birth and address, name, timing, and venue if the entrance examination.
- It is important to take Admit Card with you while going to the examination center.
- The candidate will not be allowed to give the exam, without the admit card.
- The result of the entrance test will be available on the official website of the university.
- Candidates will get admission to the university, on the basis of the scorecard.
- The result shall comprise the scorecard of the candidates.
IGNOU Admission 2023 Counselling
University invites all the successful candidates to appear for the counseling. The last and the only process for admission is Counseling of the candidates. Candidates get admission in the university or the affiliated colleges to pursue the degree in the desired course, after counseling.
Documents required during Counselling
- Result card or scorecard
- Photograph and Identity card
- 10th class certificate in support of age.
- 12th certificates or Graduation degree whichever is applicable
- Category certificate if applicable