IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023: IGNOU offers a B.Ed course where admission is possible via an entrance test conducted by the National Testing Agency. Therefore, aspiring candidates need to fill IGNOU B.Ed application form 2023 online. The entrance exam is 2 hours long and consists of a total of 100 questions based on English, Reasoning, General Awareness, etc. Also, as per the eligibility criteria, the aspiring candidate must have teaching experience to get admission to a B.Ed course. Further, more relevant information on IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 has been covered here in this article.
IGNOU B.Ed Application process has been started for January 2023. Interested candidates can apply online till 20th December 2022. Check all the details given below.
IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023: Major Highlights
- All the candidates applying for B.Ed admission 2023 must fulfill all the eligibility criteria including teaching experience before filling out the IGNOU B.Ed application form.
- Also, make sure to submit the application form before the last date. Because any application form submitted after it shall not be considered.
- While filling out the application form, the scanned copies of original documents must be uploaded rather than their photocopies.
- Once the application form has been submitted, a confirmation email will be sent to the student’s registered email address.
- Lastly, to appear in the examination, carrying a valid admit card is mandatory for each candidate.
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023: Important Dates
|Application form out||21 November 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||20 December 2022|
|Issue of admit card||December 2023|
|Entrance exam||08 January 2023|
|Result||24 January 2023|
|IGNOU Online SED Service Portal||Check Here|
IGNOU B.Ed Application Form 2023
Once the registration of the candidate is successfully conducted, he/she can fill out the online application form. IGNOU releases its B.Ed Application form 2023 on the official website, i.e. ignou.ac.in. Thus, to make the process clearer, it has been explained below in the following points:
- To get registered, the candidate has to provide basic personal details for the registration form.
- A username and password will be generated on successful registration to be used as the login credential for further use.
- Now, the candidate can log in feeding their username and password to fill out the online application form.
- The application form will ask about the program details, personal details, educational details, contact details, etc.
- Besides this, a photograph, signature, experience certificate, and category certificate must also be uploaded in the application form.
- Finally, after filling in all the required details, the candidate can submit their IGNOU B.Ed Application form 2023.
- Further, for the safe side, a printed copy of the filled-in application form must be kept by the candidate.
The application fee for IGNOU B.Ed 2023 can be deposited online. Hence, net banking facilities or credit card/ debit cards can be used for it. Moreover, the application fee is Rs. 1000/- is submitted for successful submission of the application form.
Eligibility Criteria for IGNOU B.Ed
- The aspiring candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree and/or a Master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity. Also, he/she must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Besides these subjects, Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics or any other qualification equivalent thereto is also considered suitable for a candidate to pursue IGNOU B.Ed. However, the candidate must have scored 55% marks.
- To fulfill the eligibility criteria of IGNOU B.Ed admission 2023, the candidate is required to be trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
- In addition to the above eligibility criteria, if a candidate has completed an NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode, then he/she is eligible too.
- Central Government has provided a relaxation of 5% in minimum qualifying marks for candidates of SC/ ST/ OBC- NCL/ PWD category.
- Also, the university provides reservations to Kashmiri Migrants and war widow candidates as well.
The exam pattern for IGNOU B.Ed 2023 are summarized below to provide an overview to the aspiring students:
- The duration of the IGNOU examination for B.Ed candidates will be 2 hours.
- There will be a total of 100 objective-type questions of 1 mark each. This implies the question paper will be of 100 marks.
- The question paper will be prepared in both English and Hindi.
- Further, a detailed pattern considering each subject and division of the question paper into two parts is given below.
|Part||Subjects||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|Section I||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Section II||Logical & Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Section III||Educational & General Awareness||25||25|
|Section IV||Teaching- Learning & the School||25||25|
|Section V||Science/ Mathematics/ Social Studies/ English/ Hindi||20||20|
IGNOU B.Ed Syllabus
The syllabus for IGNOU B.Ed syllabus 2023 is prepared from the following subjects: General English Comprehension, Logical and Analytical Reasoning, Educational and General Awareness, Teaching- Learning and the School, and Subject Competence.
The complete syllabus prepared for all these subjects is given below:
General English Comprehension: Vocabulary, Grammar, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Articles, Prepositions, Tenses, Synonyms, Antonyms, etc.
Logical and Analytical Reasoning: Blood Relations, Seating Arrangement, Coding-Decoding, Logical Sequence, Number Series, Letter Series, etc.
Educational and General Awareness: Basic Science, Social Science (History, Geography, and Civics), General Knowledge, Education System in India, etc.
Teaching- Learning and the School: Child Development and Psychology, Knowledge on the Learning Process, Classroom Teaching, Classroom Training, etc.
Subject Competence: Questions related to the subject selected by the candidates and based on the curriculum of classes 9th and 10th as prescribed by NCERT/ CBSE.
IGNOU B.Ed 2023 Admit Card
The IGNOU B.Ed admit card for the entrance exam will be issued in December 2021 online on the official website of IGNOU. It is inevitable for the students to carry the admit card to the examination center. So, the candidate can take a printout of it. Also, it must contain all the accurate details of the candidate. If in any case, the student finds any error in the details, then he/she must report it to the concerned authority. Besides this, admit card must also be preserved for the future because it is also required during admission.
IGNOU Exam Form June 2023: Last Date, Online Term End Exams
Result & Admission
Like the application form and admit card, the IGNOU B.Ed 2023 result for admission will also be declared online on the official website. Only the candidates qualifying for the entrance exam are eligible to pursue B.Ed courses offered by the university. Moreover, a merit list will be generated displaying the names of the qualified individuals based on their marks on the entrance test.
Once the candidates find their name on the merit list, they will be called for document verification and admission process. After the completion of document verification and criteria, the candidates are admitted to the B.Ed course offered by the IGNOU.
1 thought on “IGNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 Application Form (Open)- Apply Online”
please update if youhave b.ed in special education distance mode