IIST Admission 2024: IIST is an acronym word for the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology. It is the topmost renowned institute in India that offers UG and PG courses in the field of Space Science and Technology such as space sciences, space applications, and space technology. The university doesn’t hold any entrance examinations for granting admission in UG and PG courses. Admission will be regulated on the basis of national-level examinations for instance JEE Main, JEE Advanced, UGC NET, JEST, GATE, etc. There are several details about IIST Admission 2024 such as Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Application Form, Notification, Syllabus, etc. in the below post.
IIST Admission 2024 Overview
|Name of the Admission||IIST Admission 2024|
|Full-form||Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology|
|Level of Admission||National level|
|Programs Offered||UG & PG courses|
|Application Medium||Online mode|
IIST Admission 2024 Important Dates
|Commencement of the Registration process||1st week of June 2024|
|Due date to submit the application form||3rd week of June 2024|
|Display of rank list||3rd week of June 2024|
|Allotment of seats||4th week of June 2024|
|Starting of classes||Last week of July 2024|
|Application process commencement||2nd week of April 2024|
|Deadline date to submit applications online||Last week of April 2024|
|Deadline date to pay the application fee||1st week of May 2024|
|Publication of list for interview||2nd week of May 2024|
|Interview date||Last week of May 2024|
|Result of interview||2nd week of June 2024|
|Starting of classes||2nd week of August 2024|
IIST Admission 2024 Eligibility Criteria
For UG Courses:
- Citizenship: Aspirants holding Indian citizenship will be eligible to get admission to IIST.
- Age Limit: Those who are from General, EWS, and OBC categories should have been born on or after 1st October 1998 and reserved category candidates will get a 5-year relaxation too.
- Qualification: It is necessary for the aspirants to clear the class 12th/ intermediate board examination conducted by any recognized board.
- Marks: They must acquire a minimum of 75% for the general category candidates & 65% percentile for the reserved category (SC/ST) candidates.
- Subjects: Moreover, they should separately pass Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) as mandatory subjects in the qualifying examination.
- Entrance Test: Admission is granted on the basis of intermediate and JEE Advanced 2024 scores.
For PG Courses:
- Age Limit: The individual must not be over 32 years in order to be eligible. The age relaxation will only be applicable to the candidates belonging to the reserved category.
- Qualifications: M.Sc./ B.Tech/ B.E. or equivalent degree is required from any recognized university.
- Marks Criteria: Candidates need to attain a minimum of 60% for general / OBC and EWS categories and at least 55% for reserved category candidates percentile in the exam.
- Score Card: A valid score of JEST/ UGC NET, GATE Exam is necessary.
IIST Admission 2024 Application Form
We have outlined the complete information with basic instructions regarding the filling of the Application Form:
All the applicants can obtain the application form only through online mode. The application process for undergraduate programs will be conducted by the first week of June 2024 to the third week of June 2024 most expectedly. For postgraduate courses, the application process will commence from the second week of April 2024 till the last week of April 2024. In order to overcome the application process smoothly, it is crucial for the candidates to fill out and submit the complete application form within the given time period. The form will only be available for eligible individuals, so they should satisfy their eligibility before applying. All the particulars provided by the candidates in the application form should be authentic any alteration in the same may lead to rejection of the application form. It is highly recommended to the candidates get the print of the filled application form and fee receipt for future reference.
Payment of the application fee for the IIST 2024 Registration form can be done through e-payment mode only.
Male candidates belonging to General/ EWS/ OBC- NCL will have to pay Rs. 600, while Female candidates who belong to the categories of SC/ ST/ PwD, they have to pay Rs. 300.
The applicants will get chosen on the basis of JEE Main scores and the merit list. Here is the admission process for bachelor’s and master’s courses:
The admission varies according to the performance of the candidates in JEE Advanced Exam 2024. If he/ she wish to get enrolled in UG Courses then they must pass both exams JEE Main & JEE Advanced. After passing both exams, the official authority of IIST will publish the rank list for those individuals who applied online for admission.
For admission to postgraduate courses, the students will be chosen on the basis of their score in JEST/ UGC NET/ GATE examination. After passing these, all exam individuals can register for the interview round which is led by the institution itself. Candidates will have to report to the institution and bring the all document in the interview time.
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology will publish a rank list within a few days from the completion of the registration process. The official authority will generate the rank list for those candidates who are eligible and successfully register themselves and make the payment of the registration fee. Authority will publish the merit list category-wise for every candidate.