JGEEBILS 2024: The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS) conducts Joint Graduate Entrance Exam in Biology/Interdisciplinary/Life Science (JGEEBILS) every year. It is a Shared entrance test for several institutions doing research in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences. The motivation for this shared test is to reduce the difficulties that students faced due to multiple examinations. Each participating institution has its own admission process and eligibility criteria. In general, applicants must apply separately to each participating institution that they were interested in. It is advised to read all the instructions carefully before applying. All the details of JGEEBILS 2024 are available in this given article.
JGEEBILS 2024 Important Dates
|Last date for Applying||1st week of November 2023|
|The release of Admit Card||1st week of December 2023|
|Date of Examination||2nd week of December 2023|
|Declaration of Result||2nd week of January 2024|
- For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science. These include M.Sc. (Ag.), B.Tech ., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma, MBBS, MS, BDS, M.Pharma. Candidates will be short-listed for an interview based on written test marks, CV, and Scientific write-up.
- For 1 Ph.D./ M.Sc.: Bachelors in any Basic Science
- For Ph.D. Program in TCIS: M.Sc. in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
JGEEBILS 2024 Application Procedure
The mode of application is Online. Students may take the online test in multiple subjects if the timing does not clash. Please submit a separate application for each course. For the application, the candidate must visit the official website and click on the application panel. The candidate must provide educational details such as passed examinations and obtained marks. Candidate must upload scanned images of signature, photographs, left thumb impression in the given format. The next step asks to fill the category of applicant. Fill the category to which the candidate belongs to. Enter no, if you do not belong to the reserved category. The next step is for the payment of the fee. Pay fee as of your category.
- Male Candidates: Rs 900
- Female Candidates: Rs 300
- The application fee can be paid through internet banking/Debit /Credit Card/or by Sending Draft
- Online Payment: After the online Transaction is successful, Please login to your account on our website by using your reference code as your user id and check the payment status of yours.
- Demand Draft: DD should be drawn on state bank of India in Favour of “Tata Institute of Fundamental Research” payable at Mumbai and mailed to University cell Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba Mumbai 400005
- Please Superscribe subjects on the envelope and write your name, reference code, and the mobile number behind the DD and send it by courier/speed post.
|Jammu, Jammu University||Kanpur, Indian Institute of Technology|
|Madurai, The Madura College||Mumbai, Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, Colaba|
|Srinagar, Kashmir University||Guwahati, Indian Institute of Technology|
|Chandigarh, Punjab University||Pune, Loyola High School and Junior College|
|Bhubaneshwar, Utkal University||Bangalore, University of Agricultural Sciences|
|Ahmedabad, St Xavier’s College||Haldwani, Motiram Baburam Government P.G. College|
|Hyderabad, Hyderabad University||Cochin, Cochin University of Science and University|
|Vishakhapatnam, GITAM University||Mangalore, University College, Mangalore University|
|Varanasi, Banaras Hindu University||Nagpur, Shri Ramdeo Baba Kamla Nehru Engineering College|
|Jaipur, India International School||Delhi, Miranda House/ S.G.T.B. Khalsa College(D.U.)/ Kendriya Vidyalaya|
|Indore, Devi Ahilya Vishwavidyalaya||Kolkata, St. Xavier ‘s College/ Jadavpur University/Kendriya Vidyalaya|
|Patna, Radiant International College||–|
Selection Procedure for JGEEBILS 2024:
- All candidates are required to appear for the written test conducted at different centers nationally.
- Those who qualify in this test will be sent to the next phase.
- Performance in written test, together with the information requested in the additional application material will be used to shortlist candidates.
- For the M.Sc. Wildlife Biology and Conservation, there is a separate written test covering topics on general knowledge, analytical and quantitative skills, wildlife biology, and an essay on a conservation issue.
- For Ph.D./Int. Ph.D. Programs, the NCBS, and the DBS admission process are common up to the Entrance Test. Separate interviews will be held in Bangalore and Mumbai.
- NCBS interviews are in two stages held over a three day period.
- The DBS conducts a single interview in Mumbai in February/March 2019.
- The TIFR Nationwide Entrance Examination (GS-2019) for Biology is also called the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS).
Participating Institute in JGEEBILS
- Bose Institute: Bose Institute, Kolkata
- NCCS: National Centre For Cell Science, Pune
- NBRC: National Brain Research Centre, Manesar
- NII: National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi
- SINP: Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
- RCB: Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad
- IMSc: Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Chennai
- MAHE: Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
- CCMB: Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad
- TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences (TCIS), Hyderabad
- CDFD: Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad
- NISER: National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar
- InStem: Institute of Stem cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Bengaluru
- ACTREC: Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research, and Education in Cancer, Mumbai
- DBS-TIFR: Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai
- IISER: Indian Institute of Science Education and Research at Kolkata, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati,
Check official website: https://www.ncbs.res.in/academic/admissions-JGEEBILS