JIPMER Nursing 2024: JIPMER Nursing entrance exam (JIPMER) conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research every year for providing admission to nursing courses for admission to 75 seats in B.Sc Nursing, 25 seats in M.Sc Nursing and 50 seats in Post Basic Diploma in Nursing at JIPMER. Check all the details about JIPMER Nursing 2024 eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, exam dates, application form, etc.
JIPMER Nursing 2024 Important Dates
|Online registration starts from||last week of April 2024|
|Online registration closes||last week of May 2024|
|Admit card download from||from 2nd week of June 2024|
|Exam Date||last week of June 2024|
|For B.Sc Nursing||10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (Tentative)|
|For Post Basic Diploma||10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (Tentative)|
|For M.Sc Nursing||2:00 PM to 3:30 PM (Tentative)|
|Publication of Merit list||2nd week of July 2024|
For B.Sc. Nursing
- Candidates have to be a citizen of India.
- Passed 12th form a recognized board/university with 50% marks (40% for reserved category and 45% for OPH category) with physics, chemistry, and biology as their main subjects.
- The minimum age to apply the nursing course is 17 years and there is no upper age limit for the candidates.
For M.Sc Nursing
- Passed B.Sc. Nursing Degree of the Institute or any other University accepted as equivalent thereof.
- The candidate should have registered with the State Registration Council of Nursing and Midwifery.
- 1 year of experience in a hospital or in a College or in a School of Nursing or in Community Health Program after registration in State Nursing Council.
- The male candidate should have passed any other course recommended by the Indian Nursing Council in the place of Midwifery.
- For admission to Branch II and V, only those who have studied Midwifery only are eligible.
- For admission to M.Sc. (Nursing) the course at JIPMER, candidates having Post Basic B.Sc.Nursing (P.B. B.Sc.Nursing) qualification from IGNOU is not eligible.
For M.Sc. Allied Health Science Courses
- Qualified in a 3 year B.Sc. Degree Examination of a recognized University with relevant subject OR candidates with B.Sc. Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized University.
For Post Basic Diploma in Nursing (PBD)
- A Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery with one year of experience as a Staff Nurse or B.Sc.Nursing or equivalent is required.
- Candidate must be a registered nurse (R.N. & R.M.) or equivalent.
- The Upper age limit is 40 years.
For Master of Public Health (MPH)
- An M.B.B.S Degree / B.D.S (Dental) / B.E., /B.Tech,( Any Branch), (B.Sc. (Nursing) / B.V.Sc. (Veterinary Science) / AYUSH / Allied Health or Social Sciences with at least 50% marks in aggregate of any recognized University / Statutory Body, in the first attempt.
- 2 years of completed work experience in a public health system is desirable
- Medical / Nursing Graduates should have registered with their respective state Registration Council.
|M.Sc Nursing||Rs. 700/-||Rs. 500/-|
|B.Sc Nursing||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 1200/-|
- The application fee can be submitted through only Net banking/Credit Card/Debit card.
- OPH students are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Once the application fee is paid, it will not be refunded back.
JIPMER Nursing 2024 Exam Pattern
- Type of Questions: There will be Multiple Choice type questions in the exam.
- Exam Mode: The examination will be held through online mode only.
- Exam Medium: The question paper will be published in the English medium only.
- Maximum Questions: Total 100 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be given for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking scheme in the examination.
- Duration of Exam: The examination will be One and a half-hour long.
- Subjects: Subjects included in the exam are
Logical & Quantitative Reasoning (10),
English & Comprehension (10)
JIPMER Nursing 2024 Admit Card
Students can download the JIPMER Nursing Admit Card from the website from the last week of June to the second week of July. Admit card contains the student’s role no., photograph & signature, student’s name, allotted city center, and date of birth. Admit card is mandatory for appearing exam, counseling/admission procedure. Admit cards will not be sent to any students by post.
On the basis of the rank obtained by the candidates in the entrance exam, the counseling will be done. JIPMER Nursing Counselling will be started from the 3rd week of July. Students are required to report to the allotted college on the completion of admission formalities after getting seats.